Author Topic: Milnacipran - completely stopping my brain fog  (Read 85103 times)

Iwillbeatthis

Re: Milnacipran - completely stopping my brain fog
« Reply #20 on: May 28, 2020, 10:23:59 AM »

Why consider amitriptylene? Does it have some potential advantage over milnacipren?

I'm not I was just asking if he has tried it before as I have tried it before with no success.

hurray

• Lab1
« Reply #21 on: May 28, 2020, 11:12:09 AM »

Why consider amitriptylene? Does it have some potential advantage over milnacipren?

I was interested in amitriptylene because it blocks the reuptake of norepinephrine neurotransmitters. It has no potential advantage over milnacipran that I know of.

hurray

• Lab1
« Reply #22 on: May 28, 2020, 11:30:31 AM »

It seemed unlikely that anyone was going to develop a medicine specifically for POIS, so I thought my best chance would be to
find an existing medicine that I could use "off-label".

Exactly what I did, too, hurray!

And it worked for you!  :)

demografx

• Administrator
  • All of us working together to defeat POIS!
« Reply #23 on: May 28, 2020, 05:24:06 PM »
Thank you, it’s been a long long life struggle. And I’m still hoping for research to discover how to treat myself without becoming a groggy mess :)
10 years of significant POIS-reduction, treatment consisting of daily (365 days/year) testosterone patches.

TRT must be checked out carefully with your doctor due to fertility, cardiac and other risks.

40+ years of severe 4-days-POIS, married, raised a family, started/ran a business

hurray

• Lab1
« Reply #24 on: May 28, 2020, 05:50:46 PM »
Thank you, it’s been a long long life struggle. And I’m still hoping for research to discover how to treat myself without becoming a groggy mess :)

We have both put a lot of time and energy into beating POIS. The new research into POIS is exciting, and I really hope they can find a treatment for everybody.

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #25 on: May 28, 2020, 06:52:19 PM »
hurray, thank you! Your enthusiasm for the current POIS research program is hugely appreciated!

Whatever the outcome, it’s guaranteed to put us on the medical map.

It means far more serious visibility of POIS in the medical community, and an easier entry into the world of large scale medical research such as NIH, which funds billions of dollars into scientific inquiry into medical disorders.

And our research team is committed to getting us there!

Without this important first step, our chances of POIS treatment success would be extremely limited. Simply said, we desperately need outside professional help, which we’re finally getting!
« Last Edit: May 28, 2020, 07:06:55 PM by demografx »
10 years of significant POIS-reduction, treatment consisting of daily (365 days/year) testosterone patches.

TRT must be checked out carefully with your doctor due to fertility, cardiac and other risks.

40+ years of severe 4-days-POIS, married, raised a family, started/ran a business

hurray

• Lab1
« Reply #26 on: May 29, 2020, 03:09:06 AM »
hurray, thank you! Your enthusiasm for the current POIS research program is hugely appreciated!

It means far more serious visibility of POIS in the medical community, and an easier entry into the world of large scale medical research such as NIH, which funds billions of dollars into scientific inquiry into medical disorders.

Without this important first step, our chances of POIS treatment success would be extremely limited. Simply said, we desperately need outside professional help, which we’re finally getting!

Yes  :) These are exciting times for the POIS community. Genuine scientific studies with test subjects can lead us to some real insights into the curse of POIS.

hurray

• Lab1
« Reply #27 on: May 29, 2020, 04:53:48 AM »
Another POIS-free O last night, feeling completely fine today.

drop247

« Reply #28 on: May 29, 2020, 06:20:55 AM »
So your main POIS symptom is brain fog? You didn't have aches and pains or other flu-like symptoms?

Do you have happen to know if you have any reaction to high histamine foods like red wine, soy sauce, etc?

Nas

« Reply #29 on: May 29, 2020, 06:29:27 AM »

Man, it must feel wonderful to get rid of such a bane in our life.

Can some one else try Milnacipran? I think I'll try it once lockdown gets lifted.

hurray

• Lab1
« Reply #30 on: May 29, 2020, 07:07:26 AM »

Man, it must feel wonderful to get rid of such a bane in our life.

Can some one else try Milnacipran? I think I'll try it once lockdown gets lifted.

It does feel strange having so much extra time in my week. Normally, I could say goodbye to the three days following O, which was usually my weekend.

In the event of anybody else trying milnacipran, with the help of their doctor, it would probably be wise to start with a 25mg dose. My own weight is over the 100kg threshold - I doubt that 50mg of milnacipran (my own dose) would be suitable for everyone.

update: I now take a 25mg dose only
« Last Edit: August 22, 2020, 09:49:45 AM by hurray »

hurray

• Lab1
« Reply #31 on: May 29, 2020, 07:18:06 AM »
So your main POIS symptom is brain fog? You didn't have aches and pains or other flu-like symptoms?

Do you have happen to know if you have any reaction to high histamine foods like red wine, soy sauce, etc?

I enjoy red wine - it doesn't give me any POIS symptoms. My body on POIS feels weak - knees and elbows click and ache. My hair and the skin on my forehead feel incredibly dry in POIS.

But my inability to be sociable during POIS is by far the worst symptom in terms of the effect on my life.

Nas

« Reply #32 on: May 29, 2020, 07:19:15 AM »
In the event of anybody else trying milnacipran, with the help of their doctor, it would probably be wise to start with a 25mg dose. My own weight is over the 100kg threshold - I doubt that 50mg of milnacipran (my own dose) would be suitable for everyone.
Ok, thanks for the heads up!

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #33 on: May 29, 2020, 03:20:59 PM »
Great, hurray!

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #34 on: May 29, 2020, 03:24:47 PM »

Yes  :) These are exciting times for the POIS community. Genuine scientific studies with test subjects can lead us to some real insights into the curse of POIS.

Sent to POIS Research Team.

hurray

• Lab1
« Reply #35 on: May 29, 2020, 05:22:37 PM »

Thank you Demo  :)

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #36 on: May 29, 2020, 10:56:23 PM »

Thank you Demo     :)

My pleasure, hurray :)

hurray

• Lab1
« Reply #37 on: June 02, 2020, 04:54:15 AM »
After another O last night with milnacipran, I've been talking to various people today as if nothing had happened.

I feel fine  :)

Hopeoneday

« Reply #38 on: June 02, 2020, 09:19:17 AM »
You dont take it regulary, yust before , after O ?
Dr-pois.

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #39 on: June 02, 2020, 12:13:22 PM »
After another O last night with milnacipran, I've been talking to various people today as if nothing had happened.

I feel fine  :)
Exciting news, hurray!