Author Topic: Need help figuring out new stomach and tight testicle symptoms  (Read 1062 times)

Disaster

Hey guys. This might not be caused by POIS but I need help from the brains of the forum. Basically about 9 months ago I was on antibiotics for a serious pseudomonas sinus infection. At some point after I ate dinner one night I felt a chill run up my spine and my Testicles got extremely tight and my entire gut was gurgling with gas. My testicles got so cold I had to put hot compresses on them and they still would not loosen up.  I could not eat anything for 7 days only liquids without it happening. They tighten like they are in a freezing ocean and the chill goes right up to my neck. It?s the kind you feel like if you ever had a fever. I?ve been to some doctors btu for whatever reason I delayed getting the CT can and then the virus hit. I?ve had it all these months but after a while it was not as bad. I discovered that if I ate blended food without fiber it wasn?t that bad but if I ate a lot of fiber I had all gas and the tuna nonstop, if I didn?t blend it was the worst.

I kind of figured out that constipation makes it much worse but I?m still nervous to get the runs if I eat fiber. I just got some miralax and stool softener, but I won?t touch it yet for like 2-3 weeks because of the virus. I I?m to sick to be getting the virus and making this worse.

I?m trying to figure out the medical term for the tightness that testicle get when they are cold. I don?t think atrophy or retractable are the right terms. I think it is a possibility maybe I have diverticulitis and it?s messing with my testicle muscles some how. I just don?t know the right term to research it. I spoke to two urologist and neighs has a clue. All that is left for is just to wait for a cat scan but they want me to drink the barium and that stuff is like cement. worried that will really constipate it so bad. Don?t know what to do. I really need that term so I can research what to do.

As a side note I did have tight testicle before this but it never causes a chill to last going up my spine like this nonstop

Thanks
POIS sufferer for over 3 decades. Has progressively gotten worse over the years and I became completely disabled around 2011. My case of POIS is very severe.

Disaster

Re: Need help figuring out new stomach and tight testicle symptoms
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2020, 05:17:48 AM »
Here is an interesting connection with constipation and testicle problems

https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/full/10.7863/jum.2007.26.1.5
POIS sufferer for over 3 decades. Has progressively gotten worse over the years and I became completely disabled around 2011. My case of POIS is very severe.

Quantum

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2020, 07:49:15 AM »
Hi Disaster,

The nearest term I think about is "testicular retraction".   

This pulling up of the testis is caused by the contraction of a muscle called the cremaster   

see more at https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cremaster_muscle

You should look for the description of a spasm of the cremaster muscle, or an exaggerated cremasteric reflex ( see https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cremasteric_reflex )

Testicular retraction is not a serious condition, unless the cremaster spasms cause pain.  It can also be a possible cause of infertility ( because the testes need to be apart from the body, thus cooler, to produce viable spermatozoids ), but this is not a problem unless you want to become a father.

I hope this will help you.
You are 100% responsible for what you do with anything I post on this forum and of any consequence it could have for you.  Forum rule: ""Do not use POISCenter as a substitute for, or to give, medical advice" Read the remaining part at http://poiscenter.com/forums/index.php?topic=1.msg10259#msg10259

Journey

• MM group
  • INTP, 19 y.o. aware of POIS since 2019
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2020, 12:58:17 PM »
Maybe gut change resulted in different vagus nerve signaling?

demografx

• Administrator
  • All of us working together to defeat POIS!
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2020, 08:03:24 PM »
Maybe gut change resulted in different vagus nerve signaling?
Interesting, Journey
10 years of significant POIS-reduction, treatment consisting of daily (365 days/year) testosterone patches.

TRT must be checked out carefully with your doctor due to fertility, cardiac and other risks.

40+ years of severe 4-days-POIS, married, raised a family, started/ran a business