Author Topic: Could adrenergic receptor antibodies be the cause of POIS?  (Read 231 times)

Cursed

So I'm just throwing this out there, in case someone wants/has the energy to dig deeper or maybe send their blood sample to Germany to be tested for adrenergic receptor antibodies: https://www.celltrend.de/en/pots-cfs-me-crps.html

It's quite expensive, though... but would be VERY interesting if at least a few people could do the test.

Some of those antibodies are found at higher levels in POTS and ME/CFS and since POIS seems to be at least somewhat related, I think this could be worth a try.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2020, 08:14:44 AM by Cursed »

Journey

Re: Could adrenergic receptor antibodies be the cause of POIS?
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2020, 09:34:09 AM »
If this is the case then what might have caused such antibodies to develop and thus POIS to develop and what would stop body producing adrenergic antibodies?

Cursed

« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2020, 09:40:57 AM »
If this is the case then what might have caused such antibodies to develop and thus POIS to develop and what would stop body producing adrenergic antibodies?

That's a million dollar question. Just like with all the other autoimmune diseases, we don't really know. There are many theories, but in my personal opinion, the ones that currently make the most sense are chronic microbiome infections/pathobionts and/or dysbiosis. I believe that would easily explain why some people get very good results with dietary changes. Of course, no doubt that micronutrient deficiences can also play a role,  as well as hormones and genetic predispositions (but they're probably not the cause).

Hopeoneday

« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2020, 10:28:32 AM »
I think that this is a wery good idea!
Dr-pois.