Author Topic: Feeling not to date  (Read 3634 times)

Daysleeper

Feeling not to date
« on: May 05, 2020, 07:42:48 PM »
Hi all,

I always feel so stressed about the possibility of dating and as soon as I let go of that thought or desire, I have peace. I've done a lot of cogntive therapy on many aspects of my life some of which was even related to POIS, relearning to talk to people comfortably, to breath normally, even to get to sleep amongst other things. Yet this feeling persists... this is probably beyond the scope of the group, more in philosophy then medicine, but I don't know how much value to give to these feelings? I've had this issue for at least a decade now, and I'm not that old. Is my body trying to send me a signal?

My POIS went away for a bit with the Russian glands technique, I still have it, but it isn't as severe. It now gives me a generalized anxiety and breathing issues. I think that they are partly mental, partly physiciocigal because I have (with difficulty) thought my way out of this anxiety before.

As I write, I think that dating could just be incredibly fearful for me, the uncertainity of what it will bring. I'm afraid to get married or have children, dealing with a frustrated spouse, or screaming child with POIS is something I don't look forward to. I feel a great deal of emotion thinking about this, I think that this will be a fruitful area for me to explore then.

-DS

Daysleeper

Re: Feeling not to date
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2020, 04:25:52 PM »
I went on a Zoom date today. I was experiencing POIS, I just can?t feel a connection to people when I am in this state.  Everything inside of me feels spacey and distant. This is what I remember from my first gf.

demografx

• Administrator
  • All of us working together to defeat POIS!
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2020, 08:25:17 PM »
I don’t think a virtual date like Zoom can spark the same interest as much as a face-to-face, even if it’s 6 feet apart.
10 years of significant POIS-reduction, treatment consisting of daily (365 days/year) testosterone patches.

TRT must be checked out carefully with your doctor due to fertility, cardiac and other risks.

40+ years of severe 4-days-POIS, married, raised a family, started/ran a business

mindlesstree

« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2021, 09:45:33 PM »
Mine began from what I can remember when I was 17-18 years old or at least that when I remember it getting noticeable before progressively getting worse. After ejaculation I would feel more tired and a little sickly but it eventually moved on to what is going on now where I  get extreme fatigue, severe anxiety problems, major speech issues from vocal tone to getting and forming words, my face gets very hot and later turns into a feeling like someone dumped icy hot all over my face (my forehead in particular and cheeks), and to keep this short since I get laundry list of problems ending this with the worst one for me my facial muscles hurt and begin to things on their own usually involving pulling themselves in different directions. It's extremely painful and the most visible problem I get.

mike_sweden

« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2023, 02:05:04 AM »
would actually not recommend dating for those suffering from real POIS

POIS is life-changing, accept and move on, i have had it for around 20 years now.