Author Topic: Successful hCG treatment for POIS?  (Read 13408 times)

demografx

• Administrator
  • All of us working together to defeat POIS!
Re: Successful hCG treatment for POIS?
« Reply #20 on: July 05, 2020, 12:23:57 PM »
Yes. Good point. Anti-inflammatory enthusiasts take note!  ;D
10 years of significant POIS-reduction, treatment consisting of daily (365 days/year) testosterone patches.

TRT must be checked out carefully with your doctor due to fertility, cardiac and other risks.

40+ years of severe 4-days-POIS, married, raised a family, started/ran a business

mardi

« Reply #21 on: July 05, 2020, 12:34:36 PM »
Thanks for your answers.

Fortunately I don't need to resort to illegal means of obtaining the drug (which is called Pregnyl). I know that taking testosterone, despite my normal levels, shouldn't have any negative effects.
However, I am concerned that it is not testosterone, but HCG. I simply wanted to know if anyone else tried to use it, or if I was the first (except the subject of the study mentioned).

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #22 on: July 05, 2020, 02:10:09 PM »

I know that taking testosterone, despite my normal levels, shouldn't have any negative effects.

I lost my sperm count from TRT.

No more children.

As my profile below indicates, there are fertility, cardiac and other risks.

I also have heart issues (had open heart surgery, 5-way bypass), so my doctor is not thrilled with my taking TRT for POIS.

« Last Edit: July 05, 2020, 02:11:45 PM by demografx »
10 years of significant POIS-reduction, treatment consisting of daily (365 days/year) testosterone patches.

TRT must be checked out carefully with your doctor due to fertility, cardiac and other risks.

40+ years of severe 4-days-POIS, married, raised a family, started/ran a business

ramore

« Reply #23 on: July 05, 2020, 02:52:00 PM »
Hello all. First my post here. I am having POIS since 11-12.
On a surge of that research I found this forum and i want to try HCG. Because ultimately testosteron will show if this branch of treatment will be effective on me but in my case (27, no children), outer testosteron can't be the way to go. I want to ask, if HCG use is relatively safe to try/use? I want to take 1500 2-3 times a week (didn't decided yet 2 or 3) no more than a month. Should i be afraid of something with this dosage and length? Or it is relatively safe?
« Last Edit: July 05, 2020, 03:06:39 PM by ramore »

Nas

« Reply #24 on: July 05, 2020, 03:02:32 PM »
Oh yeah hCG doesn't cause infertility which is why hCG was chosen instead of TRT according to the original paper.

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #25 on: July 05, 2020, 04:33:53 PM »
ramore, welcome to the forum!
« Last Edit: July 05, 2020, 04:42:11 PM by demografx »

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #26 on: July 05, 2020, 04:38:57 PM »

I know that taking testosterone, despite my normal levels, shouldn't have any negative effects.

Should the above post be corrected to hCG - not testosterone?

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #27 on: July 05, 2020, 04:43:26 PM »
Hello all. First my post here. I am having POIS since 11-12.
On a surge of that research I found this forum and i want to try HCG. Because ultimately testosteron will show if this branch of treatment will be effective on me but in my case (27, no children), outer testosteron can't be the way to go. I want to ask, if HCG use is relatively safe to try/use? I want to take 1500 2-3 times a week (didn't decided yet 2 or 3) no more than a month. Should i be afraid of something with this dosage and length? Or it is relatively safe?

ramore,

We have a testosterone thread, which may be of interest to you:
https://poiscenter.com/forums/index.php?topic=17.525

mardi

« Reply #28 on: July 06, 2020, 12:53:42 PM »

Should the above post be corrected to hCG - not testosterone?

Sorry, I have expressed myself in a bad way. I wanted to say that I know that taking testosterone (in the right amount and under the right conditions) should not provoke negative effects on health. I don't know if hCG could have negative effects and if yes, which ones.

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #29 on: July 06, 2020, 07:12:36 PM »
mardi, thank you very much for clarifying! Best, Demo

ramore

« Reply #30 on: July 30, 2020, 10:59:39 AM »
Trying to take HCG right now. The dose is 1500 and i am doing it once in 2 days.
First 5 doses were great. Almost immediate changes after the shot.

I want to ejaculate like crazy after it (a lot more sperm overall,  and you feel crazy `itch for sex`, and i end up ejaculating 3-6 times in a shot days) and almost weren't feeling seek (may be a little bit on last times of the day). In the second day you feeling better than usual but effectiveness is dropping comparing it to a previous day when you did a shot (if you are ejaculating)

Fifth shot went a little bit weird. I guess i aimed somewhere wrong on my butt and i end up with a little bit of a blood (around 1-1.5ml, all other shots that i am doing are almost completely bloodless). That shot was the most powerful that i had. My guess is that i went somewhere near a bloodstream or something and it end up dissolving more efficient in me.

The sad part is i am feeling that i did get a lot more tolerable after that shot. I even thought that the new pack of it(they are packing it in 5 doses) was somehow not working. But that was not the case. I did a pause for a week. The shot was better than the powerless (after fifth one) but far from the first 5.

I guess i will do a few more and will do a pause for 1 or 2 month. May be after a big pause the tolerance will go away.

Overall idea is - for me it is not a cure. Right now i am very tolerable to HCG. I am ejaculating the same amount of sperm as i usually do. The `itch` is not there and without it not there are the effectiveness on POIS side too.
It is doing me better on my panic front of POIS, but lesser and lesser each time.

So basically right now i don't think that it can be the cure. May be in long therapy it can do things a little bit better but  :( But i recommend to try it, may be somebody of you won't be having the same fast appearing tolerance for it. I would say the dosage needed to be 1000 once 3 days.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2020, 11:14:47 AM by ramore »

Muon

• MCAD Thread
« Reply #31 on: July 30, 2020, 11:36:00 AM »
What are you saying here ramore that you are losing your response to hCG?

ramore

« Reply #32 on: July 30, 2020, 11:39:27 AM »
Yeah. I would describe the effect of HCG (first 5 times) as with one shot your balls start producing sperm and testosterone (in matter of hour or 2) as they would be in 10-14 days without ejaculation. your sperm and testosterone is peaking and the POIS goes away. after HCG gone in your body (with time or ejaculations) the pois comes back. My hope was and still is that with HCG stimulation the balls will start producing more sperm/testosteron overall, even without HCG stimulation and the POIS will be less severe/will go away faster.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2020, 12:20:01 PM by ramore »

mardi

« Reply #33 on: August 17, 2020, 10:54:25 AM »
Hello guys,

I haven't written on the forum for a long time, but I have always followed it carefully. Today I am writing because I was intrigued by the study published a few months ago on HCG and its positive effects. I was in fact able to have access to that drug (injections) and I would be interested in experimenting it on me. However my testosterone is normal (my latest blood tests under public), unlike the subject of the study.

My doctor, who knows nothing about POIS, told me that testosterone levels are ok in my case, despite the fact that the prolactin is a little high. Therefore he does not recommend giving HCG injections.

I would however be willing to try. But I'm afraid I can have negative effects. So I ask you, has anyone by chance tried to make such injections? Did it have any results? Can HGC injections pose any risk?

Here my latest results:

Prolactin: 454,3 mlU/l   (98-456)
Testosteron: 4,81 ng/ml   (2,8-8)
FSH: 3,95 u/l   (1,5-12,4)
LH:  3,76mlU/ml   (1,7-8,6)
Estradiol:  26,7 pg/ml   (11,3-43,2)

Thank you all

Eventually I had trouble getting enough hCG so I haven't started taking it yet. However, I think the mechanism of functioning is similar to that of testosterone: that's why I want to convince my doctor to prescribe testosterone patches to try that route.

ramore

« Reply #34 on: August 18, 2020, 04:31:49 AM »
@mardi DON'T !
The mechanism is indeed the same. The HCG is stimulating the production of semen and the TRT! So in your body you end up with more TRT (that was produced by you). If you start introducing TRT externally, than your organism will decide that it is more than enough TRT already in you, and it will stop producing it in your testicueles and with it will stop producing health sperm. So, logical end of taking external TRT is your testecules will be atrophied and they won't be producing neither the healthy sperm (and you will with the sertanty of 100% will go sterile), and they won't be producing TRT ether, and you will end up with TRT patches all your life because you wont be producing any TRT too.
Taking TRT is the stupidest decision for my taste, especially now, when there are other known methods, who can boost the production of your own TRT.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2020, 04:42:59 AM by ramore »

mardi

« Reply #35 on: August 18, 2020, 09:24:04 AM »
Ramore, thanks for your reply. Indeed your reasoning is flawless.
However, reading your experience with hCG, I don't understand why you think that in the long run hCG should guarantee more testosterone production, even after you stop taking it.
Theoretically, if you stop taking hCG, the situation should return as before, right?

ramore

« Reply #36 on: August 18, 2020, 10:40:14 AM »
Taking hcg CAN actually increase production of sperm/TRT that will remain after HCG cansel. It is used in men infertility for this stimulation reason.

In my case i don't think HCG will be the ultimate solution. First, i made a tolerance after 5th shot. The effect was still there, but a lot less than first 5 times.
After a bigger pause (around 5 days) i felt that the effect was coming back. I think when doing 1-2 month pauses i think the tolerance will be canceled.

I was doing 1500 every 2 days.  I think in future courses I will do 1000-1500 every 3-4 days.

Second, you can't take HCG in forever course. From what i read you have slight chance to end up producing antibodies (to something, i don't in a theme, fully), which will be bad, so you need to take 1-2 months of brakes, and you will be completely fine.

Third, the effect is subtle in tolerance state, and drooping with ejaculations.

Forth, with HCG your sperm production is increased, I ending up very horny, with a lot more masturbations a day, and this way the positive effect of HCG is cancelled to some degree.

The second what i tested was Clomifene. Check my post
CLICK "Quote from: ramore on August 13, 2020, 04:42:47 AM"

It has far stronger effect. Actually, on it, i don't feel any POIS effects, even after 5-6 ejaculations. And it stays for 2 days or more. I think i can take the 1/4 of a tablet (50mg/4==12.5mg) once in 2 days and the most unwanted symptome will still be sedated to a manageable level (for me it is an anxiety, because right now in summer the fatigue is not severe ). So i can take it in little doses for long until i fully do a research about everything(mostly safety and prognosis).

I only found the name of the disease in june, and i found some first working solutions for myself already.

From what i read the clomifene can be taken for long, it actually can decrease your TRT level, but from what i heard the decrease will be 10-20% in a year of use of it (after canceling) ( the 10-20% can be all bullshit, so don't quote me on them yet, i need to do i big research with a lot of sourses as i said).

The external TRT is an ultimate, final solution that you can't undone, you will go infertile, ending up taking TRT all your life. Why to do it, when there are other possible solutions with no side effects compared to destruction path of TRT.

There is no cure right now, with any medication, TRT especially, we just winning time for the next shot. External TRT will just deprive you from TRT that you are producing yourself, making you fully dependent on external TRT, why?

I think, with work, in a few years we will find non destructive cure. Basically TRT is not the way.

Try to take clomifene, it is working on me like a charm.

i think i will rotate clomiphene/HCG monthly until gathering more info.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2020, 11:00:22 AM by ramore »

drop247

« Reply #37 on: October 14, 2020, 11:18:00 AM »
Any updates on this from anyone taking hCG? My urologist prescribed it for me today and I'm wondering if it only provides temporary relief or if it's a long term solution. Currently my total testosterone is 632 ng/dl which is well in the normal range. For this reason he is prescribing less than the 1500 IU three times a week used in the POIS study. That patient started with total T of 374 ng/dl (which is also in the normal range btw).

johndias77

« Reply #38 on: May 02, 2021, 09:56:06 AM »
Any updates on this from anyone taking hCG? My urologist prescribed it for me today and I'm wondering if it only provides temporary relief or if it's a long term solution. Currently my total testosterone is 632 ng/dl which is well in the normal range. For this reason he is prescribing less than the 1500 IU three times a week used in the POIS study. That patient started with total T of 374 ng/dl (which is also in the normal range btw).

Any update on your hCg treatment?

drop247

« Reply #39 on: May 02, 2021, 01:36:06 PM »
I had to stop hCG since it made me feel terrible. I'm currently on regular TRT but I think I'll have to stop this too since I'm dealing with a major anxiety problem now.