Author Topic: Laboratories, online pharmacies & parameter discussion  (Read 2106 times)

Muon

• MCAD Thread
Re: Laboratories, online pharmacies & parameter discussion
« Reply #30 on: December 04, 2020, 04:45:00 PM »
Do you have any parameters on your mind Iwillbeatthis?

Iwillbeatthis

« Reply #31 on: December 04, 2020, 04:51:36 PM »

Not really, I'm not sure what to do atm as things have been better than usual.

I'm thinking to do some rounds of rifaximin to fix my remaining gut issues, I'm hoping the gastro I'm seeing will prescribe but it if not then I will order some from online.

Iwillbeatthis

« Reply #32 on: December 04, 2020, 04:52:47 PM »

If I decide to go to berlin I will get all the tests that Dr suggested plus probably some extra ones

Muon

• MCAD Thread
« Reply #33 on: January 01, 2021, 12:55:25 PM »
Celltrend offers a new test for autoantibodies involved in Small fiber neuropathy:

Small Fiber Neuropathy (SFN)
Small Fiber Neuropathy (SFN) is a subtype of neuropathy that is characterized by the selective involvement of non-myelinated or thinly-myelinated sensory fibers is marked. Its pathogenesis includes a wide range of immune-mediated, metabolic, toxic, hereditary and genetic disorders. SFN has been described in connection with Sjögren’s syndrome, celiac disease, systemic lupus erythematosus, rheumatoid arthritis, diabetes mellitus type 1, inflammatory bowel disease, sarcoidosis and paraneoplastic syndrome. Some data also suggest an association with Hashimoto’s thyroiditis. Clinical symptoms of SFN can manifest as isolated sensory disorders as well as isolated autonomic disorders.

Intravenous immunoglobulin therapy (IVIG) showed a significant effect in treating patients with autoimmune mediated SFN in two large retrospective studies with comparable response rates (77% and 83% of patients).

Autoantibodies against fibroblast growth factor receptor-3 (FGFR3-IgG) and tri-sulfate heparin di-saccharide (TSHDS-IgM) are elevated in SFN. A clinical study is currently evaluating the efficacy of IVIG administration in FGFR3-Ab and TSHDS-Ab positive patients.

FGFR3 auto-antibodies
TSHDS auto-antibodies

POISers should investigate their own individual immune/hormone profile in my opinion.

Muon

• MCAD Thread
« Reply #34 on: January 13, 2021, 04:08:00 PM »
If anyone is interested in the antioxidant profile I took, here is a link to the test and also documentation:

https://biolab.co.uk/index.php/cmsid__biolab_test/Antioxidant_Profile
https://www.biolab.co.uk/docs/antoxpr.pdf

Iwillbeatthis

« Reply #35 on: January 13, 2021, 05:41:29 PM »
I'm homozygous for the sod2 rs4880 gene, (super oxide).

When I had this chronic infection from 2018-2019, I would wake up feeling like death in the mornings, the worst brain fog, autistic symptoms, feeling brain dead and l arginine cleared it so that indicates it was some type of nitric oxide/oxidative stress disorder. I still have this going on sometimes outside of POIS but much less severe.

I've tried lots of things to combat oxidative stress: NAC, liposomal glutathione, exercise, agmatine sulfate, l arginine and in the end most weren't very helpful.

However Sulforaphane doesn't compare to any of these things above and it is a game changer for me so far.