Author Topic: Hey everyone !  (Read 1425 times)

John 19

Hey everyone !
« on: December 12, 2019, 06:11:20 PM »
Hey everyone ! My name is John, I 'm from Brazil, I have POIS since I was 17 years old, now I am 22. When I found this forum I felt very excited, because I found out that I was not the only one with POIS looking for some answer. I am a medical student, and one of the reasons why I became a medical student was because  I was and I am looking for answers about my, our condition. I have a YouTube channel called MegaMed, and recently I made a video about POIS aiming to spread information about this disease to people in Brazil.
I hope we can beat this disease!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VJsK7ItPHTA
« Last Edit: December 12, 2019, 06:14:38 PM by John 19 »

Quantum

• Administrator
Re: Hey everyone !
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2019, 07:02:14 PM »
Hi John and welcome to the forum !

Congrats for your POIS video... I do not understand Portuguese, but I see that you explain the diagnosis criteria in it.

You may be interested to know that, in our quite limited list of Doctors who knows about POIS and have an interest in POIS research, there is one in Brazil ,  Dr Keity Souza Santos  ( immunologist ).  For more information and her contact information, see in the POIS Dr list, at https://poiscenter.com/forums/index.php?topic=2575.msg22338#msg22338 ( She is at #9 in the list)

Also, if you are a medical student, I suppose that you so not have major cognitive symptoms while in POIS, or that they do not last long.  What are your main symptoms?  Allergy-like, emotional, physical ? 

I, for one, have no cognitive symptoms ( mostly physical and emotional), so I had no problems going through my pharmacy course in university, but most POIS sufferers have significant cognitive symptoms, and in some case, cannot go on with any college or university program, even if they have very good intellect out of POIS, as NE can become a big issues then.

« Last Edit: December 12, 2019, 07:11:08 PM by Quantum »
You are 100% responsible for what you do with anything I post on this forum and of any consequence it could have for you.  Forum rule: ""Do not use POISCenter as a substitute for, or to give, medical advice" Read the remaining part at http://poiscenter.com/forums/index.php?topic=1.msg10259#msg10259

demografx

• Administrator
  • All of us working together to defeat POIS!
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2019, 07:20:32 PM »
Welcome, John.
10 years of significant POIS-reduction, treatment consisting of daily (365 days/year) testosterone patches.

TRT must be checked out carefully with your doctor due to fertility, cardiac and other risks.

40+ years of severe 4-days-POIS, married, raised a family, started/ran a business

John 19

« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2019, 06:03:15 AM »
Thank you Quantum !
I will contact Dr Keity . My main symptoms are cognitive and emotional, because of this POIS is a BIG issue in my daily life. When I am not with my symptoms I can easily memorize almost anything and I can think very fast, but when I get into a crisis I get totally changed and incapacitated. To try to solve this I try to control my orgasms as much as possible, and when I'm in a crisis I take caffeine to ease my symptoms.

John 19

« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2019, 06:04:22 AM »
Thank you demografx!