Author Topic: Transiently Induced Immune Deficiency and Therapy  (Read 71014 times)

Prospero

Re: Transiently Induced Immune Deficiency and Therapy
« Reply #160 on: November 12, 2020, 04:43:47 PM »
The last one is the good one. Interesting, thank you.

kingfisher

« Reply #162 on: November 17, 2020, 12:59:27 PM »
Hello Nanna1,

I have a question but maybe it is a foolish one...

I read on google that Covid mRNA vaccines (Moderna, Pfizer) can stimulate innate immunity. I am ignorant about the other types of Covid vaccines like AstraZeneca if they boost the innate immune system or not.

https://horizon-magazine.eu/article/five-things-you-need-know-about-mrna-vaccines.html

"Classical vaccine molecules usually only work with the acquired immune system and the innate immune system is activated by another ingredient, called an adjuvant. Interestingly, mRNA in vaccines could also trigger the innate immune system, providing an extra layer of defence without the need to add adjuvants."

One paper suggested SARS CoV-2 suppresses the innate immune response:
https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S1074761320303332

Assuming the FDA clears mRNA vaccines in 2021 - do you think getting vaccinated by such a vaccine can increase the innate immunity of POISers ( at least those who think they have an innate immunity deficiency) so that there is a theoretical possibility for improving the transient immune deficiency condition during ejaculation?

I am completely ignorant if this mRNA vaccine-induced increase in innate immunity will help for other types of viruses like DNA viruses. As far as I could understand, innate immunity is not antigen-specific.

It will be great to hear your comments. Thanks!

« Last Edit: November 20, 2020, 05:17:00 AM by kingfisher »

nanna1

« Reply #163 on: November 26, 2020, 02:31:03 AM »
I read on google that Covid mRNA vaccines (Moderna, Pfizer) can stimulate innate immunity...

...One paper suggested SARS CoV-2 suppresses the innate immune response:
https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S1074761320303332

...Assuming the FDA clears mRNA vaccines in 2021 - do you think getting vaccinated by such a vaccine can increase the innate immunity of POISers ( at least those who think they have an innate immunity deficiency) so that there is a theoretical possibility for improving the transient immune deficiency condition during ejaculation?...

...As far as I could understand, innate immunity is not antigen-specific.
Hi kingfisher,
  Good question! I am not sure if it will or won't work for stimulating general innate immunity. But the CEO of Pfizer thinks that it does, which is encouraging. I am also not sure whether RNA virus vaccines can have any effect on DNA viruses. Most vaccines do not give cross-immunity to other pathogens. I took the influenza vaccine almost every year but it didn't seem to help my POIS (or maybe the effect was small). But anything is possible.
  Thanks for sharing the paper on COVID immune suppression. That's a really good paper. Yes COVID-19 causes a suppression of innate (NK) and adaptive (T) cells that last even after the adaptive (B cell) immunity has removed the virus. Some scientist call this Post-acute COVID-19 Syndrome or post-COVID syndrome for short. I think that this is the same thing that happens with POIS except that POIS is caused by a different virus.
Some patients, that "recover" from COVID-19, experience POIS-like symptoms. It may give some insights into what is happening with POIS.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iu_Gs7N4lGk
  I think that once COVID-19 disables the NK, T and dendritic cells, the immune system looses the ability to control prior latent infections (other latent viruses and bacteria). And those latent infections can then reactivate to cause post-COVID symptoms. This is my guess. But in any case, I think we can learn a lot about POIS from the research on post-COVID syndrome.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2020, 02:54:27 AM by nanna1 »
POIS clusters: 1,3,4,5,7
POIS criteria: 1,2,3,4,5
2 stacks that give me complete relief of POIS symptoms are listed here: POIS cure: theory & supplement stack
Find medical test: https://www.findlabtest.com/

Limejuice

• Administrator
« Reply #164 on: November 26, 2020, 11:48:10 AM »
Nanna, trying your protocol and the immuno complex is hitting hard only after two days with symptoms of headache, brain fog, and insomnia. Should I layoff until symptoms subside and restart then?

nanna1

« Reply #165 on: November 28, 2020, 10:59:09 AM »
Nanna, trying your protocol and the immuno complex is hitting hard only after two days with symptoms of headache, brain fog, and insomnia. Should I layoff until symptoms subside and restart then?
  Sure, if the symptoms become unbearable, then cycling (stop/restart) the Immuno Complex is an option. Unfortunately, most immune therapy's (i.e. IL-2 therapy) cause symptoms just from having a more active immune system. The symptoms are often a result of the immune cells correcting some problem (infection, cancer, toxin/allergen detox, wound repair, etc...). It's hard to know what problem is being addressed, but I would stay within personal tolerance/comfort limits.

In my opinion insomnia is a problem. You want to get high quality sleep because during sleep is when your immune system is boosted the most. I'm not sure which of your symptoms occurred first, but insomnia can cause headaches and brain fog. I personally did not experience insomnia with this supplement. I did experience brief headaches some times, but no sleep problems or brain fog.

The first thing I can think of that could cause this could be related to appetite and food intake. If the immune stimulation is suppressing your appetite, you may not be eating enough protein later in the day to stay asleep. The brain consumes protein (amino acids) and carbs when you sleep. The amino acid, tryptophan, is used make serotonin and melatonin. The amino acid, glutamine, is used to make GABA. The carb, glucose, is used for energy and to make adenosine. Your brain needs enough melatonin, GABA, adenosine to remain asleep. If you run low on these neurotransmitters, you will wake up. If I wake up in the middle of the night, I just eat a non-dairy source of protein and avoid blue light (smart phones, computer screens). That usually helps me go back to sleep.

The second thing that I think might cause those brain symptoms is that there is some thing in the diet (or being taken) after 6pm that causes wakefulness. Often times supplements and medications that affect dopamine or adrenaline levels are recommended to be taken earlier in the day (before 5pm) so that they don't suppress melatonin and GABA levels later in the day.

Also, if I don't feel hydrated, I will have a hard time falling asleep. So drinking water throughout the day helps me sleep better at night. Warning: drinking water while taking Immuno Complex could initially lead to more runny nose or watery eyes. But in my experience it only lasted a week. I hope this helps.
POIS clusters: 1,3,4,5,7
POIS criteria: 1,2,3,4,5
2 stacks that give me complete relief of POIS symptoms are listed here: POIS cure: theory & supplement stack
Find medical test: https://www.findlabtest.com/

Limejuice

• Administrator
« Reply #166 on: November 28, 2020, 02:25:28 PM »
This is a tremendous help and thank you for the thorough explanation and troubleshooting!!!

All three symptoms are tied to my POIS (including insomnia) so I’m realistically optimistic that the immune system is staging a fight against some intruder. Unfortunately, for the last 30 years I’ve suffered mild insomnia.

About two month ago I was diagnosed with low vitamin D (high 20’s range) and began taking a D3 supplement. Considering where I was born/raised along with outdoor exposure in general this may have been chronically low. At first low doses of the vitamin created an alert and wakeful state up to 24 hours after ingesting but over weeks my body is no longer sensitive in that regard and believe it or not it about faced and I sleep the best I ever have, no exaggeration (it’s this success that has spurred me to try your stacks again... tried originally in 2014). I’ve been able to increase the dose to 4000 IU with vitamin K2 now and continue to sleep and feel better. However, it’s not until trying immuno complex that sleep has regressed. It’s been 48 hour since cycling off and the insomnia and cognitive symptoms had disappeared after 18 hours from last dose.

Food sensitivity issues have been the only consistent problems along side POIS and rightful or wrongfully I associate the two. Gluten and dairy being the biggest issues. My diet is interesting to put it mildly and the night of insomnia it may have added fuel to the fire, so to speak. Diet is typically ‘low inflammatory’ like paleo and carb consumption, especially starches, is often low. I will try the immuno complex again and monitor the diet for adequate carbs, protein, and hydration.

Great thanks again Nanna!
« Last Edit: November 28, 2020, 06:44:45 PM by Limejuice »

Prospero

« Reply #167 on: December 04, 2020, 05:51:59 PM »
Hi nanna1,

I posted in this thread the results of my two experiences with the opioid Tramadol, which I took immediately after O. Short story: I had no POIS symptom the first time, and the second time I got a serotonin syndrome in the following hours but not the usual POIS symptoms.

I wonder if, in your opinion, there could be a link with Jiang, Yin & al.'s thesis regarding mu-opioid receptors, and with your own theory.

Of course there may be many possible explanations for the success of Tramadol.

certainlypois2

« Reply #168 on: December 06, 2020, 12:23:21 AM »
When i do a lot of ejaculation  in a short period, i get pain on my neck, close to the side. It is not sore throat because when i swallow it doesn't hurt. It only hurts when i touch my neck. The pain last a few days.  I have always suspected that is my lymph node hurting.

If i use antihistamine and nsaid together it takes much fewer ejaculation to get the same pain.  This has always swayed me towards Nanna's theory. I think he said the body releases all those inflammatory chemicals during orgasm to fight a dormant infection that is trying to spread.   

Limejuice

• Administrator
« Reply #169 on: December 15, 2020, 08:20:31 PM »
Hey Nanna, just wanted to share that I’m beginning to feel really good - perhaps the best I’ve felt in 10 years. I also feel like this treatment is addressing the root cause and not just the symptoms. It’s been 2.5 months on your treatment. Thanks!

demografx

• Administrator
  • All of us working together to defeat POIS!
« Reply #170 on: December 15, 2020, 08:45:33 PM »
Limejuice, congratulations!
10 years of significant POIS-reduction, treatment consisting of daily (365 days/year) testosterone patches.

TRT must be checked out carefully with your doctor due to fertility, cardiac and other risks.

40+ years of severe 4-days-POIS, married, raised a family, started/ran a business

Limejuice

• Administrator
« Reply #171 on: December 15, 2020, 09:17:15 PM »
Thank you Demo!

certainlypois2

« Reply #172 on: December 15, 2020, 10:10:23 PM »
Hey Nanna, just wanted to share that I’m beginning to feel really good - perhaps the best I’ve felt in 10 years. I also feel like this treatment is addressing the root cause and not just the symptoms. It’s been 2.5 months on your treatment. Thanks!
are you doing high IV vit c too.

Limejuice

• Administrator
« Reply #173 on: December 15, 2020, 11:52:48 PM »
No, I’m taking easily administered things like immuno complex (that has a reduced vitamin C dose), copper, and vitamin D 4000 IU (that’s in addition to the treatment). I’ve ordered beta-glucan (a gluten free version for my needs). The IV vitamin C would probably help speed along recovery but the logistics won’t work.

Iwillbeatthis

« Reply #174 on: December 16, 2020, 08:40:54 AM »
How many immuno complex bottles have you gone through? I went through three and did see big improvements then I tried an AHCC supplement from other brand and it didn't have the same effects. I haven't bought any since the summer now as I got distracted with other triggers and other treatments, and its also a pain to buy them as I could only get from america so I was getting charged customs and they don't last more than ten days either.

Muon

• MCAD Thread
« Reply #175 on: December 16, 2020, 09:27:18 AM »
nanna, out of all the meds/supplements you have posted, which one is the strongest booster of IL-2? Secondly if you see people benefit significantly from your stacks and/or suggestions then you may drop a link in the comment section of the thread below so I can implement them in the list.

https://poiscenter.com/forums/index.php?topic=3551.0
« Last Edit: December 16, 2020, 09:31:12 AM by Muon »

Limejuice

• Administrator
« Reply #176 on: December 16, 2020, 01:06:01 PM »
Similarly I went through 2 or 3 bottles before seeing significant improvements, along with the other supplements. As Nanna recommends I'll try to continue through 6 months and evaluate on the way.

The immuno complex is very expensive as each bottle costs $30 and lasts for 5 days (30 capsules per bottle, 2 capsules per serving, 3 servings per day). That doesn't include shipping and customs costs.  Easily $100/month just for that supplement. Too bad the other AHCC isn't working for you.

berlin1984

• Administrator
  • Use Adaptogens and Antioxidants, they can help.
« Reply #177 on: December 16, 2020, 03:03:56 PM »
Hm, it looks like I was too impatient with the AHCC treatment.

Maybe the prices will drop again "after covid".

So AHCC also needs to be from "Quality of Life" brand?

Muon

• MCAD Thread
« Reply #178 on: December 17, 2020, 03:12:25 PM »
Hi nanna1,

I posted in this thread the results of my two experiences with the opioid Tramadol, which I took immediately after O. Short story: I had no POIS symptom the first time, and the second time I got a serotonin syndrome in the following hours but not the usual POIS symptoms.

I wonder if, in your opinion, there could be a link with Jiang, Yin & al.'s thesis regarding mu-opioid receptors, and with your own theory.

Of course there may be many possible explanations for the success of Tramadol.

https://poiscenter.com/forums/index.php?topic=3551.msg38184#msg38184

berlin1984

• Administrator
  • Use Adaptogens and Antioxidants, they can help.
« Reply #179 on: December 18, 2020, 02:27:47 PM »

Similarly I went through 2 or 3 bottles before seeing significant improvements, along with the other supplements. As Nanna recommends I'll try to continue through 6 months and evaluate on the way.

Great to hear. May I ask how long you got bad feelings from taking it? When did headache etc stop?

Did you ever notice this kind of pattern from other supplements?

(I sometimes feel bad in morning from taking supplements, especially when taking them in late in evening and I'm now wondering if this is a similar effect that you get, something is killed off but can't get flushed out)

Same question (and congrats) to Iwillbeatthis :)