Author Topic: Anyone here has high progesterone levels?  (Read 497 times)

takedrugstoletgo

Anyone here has high progesterone levels?
« on: December 01, 2020, 03:28:15 PM »
Im a female so my progesterone naturally fluctates, but i notice during the 2 weeks that my progesterone rises i feel almost constant POIS with flu-like symptoms and fatigue. When my period starts and the 2 weeks before ovulation i feel pretty much normal with no flu symptoms and energy is pretty good most of the time.

Does anyone here know their progesterone levels? Are they high aswell?

Muon

• MCAD Thread
Re: Anyone here has high progesterone levels?
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2020, 08:30:52 AM »
I have never measured progesterone, idk. You could set up a poll for this in the poll category.

Investigator

« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2020, 04:09:47 AM »
Yes, I had elevated 17-alpha-OH-progesterone, https://poiscenter.com/forums/index.php?topic=2532.msg21915#msg21915.

I tested in a lab in a hospital and on the form with results, I looked and it said it was elevated. But then I haven't found anyone who would interpret this. I spoke with a few endocrinologists, they would say "Oh, you're not even supposed to measure this, we monitor it only for women." Another one said that that yes, it would make sense to measure it for a man as well, but he has no experience with the meaning of a value higher than the lab norm. So, I never figured out the significance of that.

Journey

• INTP, 19 y.o. aware of POIS since 2019
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2020, 06:10:34 AM »
Yes, I had elevated 17-alpha-OH-progesterone, https://poiscenter.com/forums/index.php?topic=2532.msg21915#msg21915.

I tested in a lab in a hospital and on the form with results, I looked and it said it was elevated. But then I haven't found anyone who would interpret this. I spoke with a few endocrinologists, they would say "Oh, you're not even supposed to measure this, we monitor it only for women." Another one said that that yes, it would make sense to measure it for a man as well, but he has no experience with the meaning of a value higher than the lab norm. So, I never figured out the significance of that.
What are your DHEA, Estrogen, Cortisol, Prolactin, Thyroid, Testosterone, SHBG, Albumin levels like?

Investigator

« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2020, 08:15:38 AM »
What are your DHEA, Estrogen, Cortisol, Prolactin, Thyroid, Testosterone, SHBG, Albumin levels like?

All normal.

Journey

• INTP, 19 y.o. aware of POIS since 2019
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2020, 08:42:56 AM »

All normal.
State exact numbers please.