Author Topic: POIS Paper Archive - a list of scientific articles about POIS  (Read 74979 times)

Muon

• MCAD Thread
Re: POIS Paper Archive
« Reply #40 on: November 28, 2019, 06:06:40 PM »
Clogged arteries, arrhythmia, chest pain.
I'm asking this because I developed cardiac issues over the years like arrythmia, POIS is making this worse.

demografx

• Administrator
  • All of us working together to defeat POIS!
« Reply #41 on: November 28, 2019, 06:41:00 PM »
Muon, I wouldn’t be surprised if years of POIS agony drove me to the ER (actually my wife drove me
:) )

I also suspect entrepreneurial-business pressure + poor diet + alcohol. Plus my father died of BP complications, so much of my condition I suspect is hereditary. Thankfully, my BP meds work wonderfully, even on this caffeine-addicted body of mine :)
10 years of significant POIS-reduction, treatment consisting of daily (365 days/year) testosterone patches.

TRT must be checked out carefully with your doctor due to fertility, cardiac and other risks.

40+ years of severe 4-days-POIS, married, raised a family, started/ran a business

Muon

• MCAD Thread
« Reply #42 on: November 29, 2019, 06:32:27 AM »
''Treatment was initiated with hCG 1500IU injected subcutaneously three times per week. At six-week follow-up his symptoms had resolved completely, and he had discontinued use of alprazolam. He ejaculated more frequently, and experienced no weakness, anxiety, brain fog, or malaise afterwards. He noted improved mood, overall energy, and libido. Blood tests showed robust levels of total testosterone at 952 ng/dl and free T (direct) at 2.8 ng/dl. LH and FSH were below threshold limits. He reported this was the first time since he was 16y that he could experience orgasm without negative physical or emotional consequences afterwards. At six months of follow-up he continued hCG treatment, was happy, and masturbated several times per month. He still described mild POIS symptoms immediately following orgasm, but these resolved within 12 h and were not bothersome. Importantly, he no longer experienced dread with anticipated sexual activity.''

At six-week follow up his symptoms had resolved completely.
At six months of follow up he described mild POIS symptoms.

Did he stop doing hCG injections after the six-week follow up and continued after the 6-month follow up or did he use it all the time during these 6 months?

Eliasjoelrivera

« Reply #43 on: November 29, 2019, 06:55:15 AM »
Muon communicate with me. I was consulting with an endocrinologist and he told me that hcg medication is very expensive and is only prescribed on the basis of hypogonadism or infertility problems. In my case the testorene is within the normal ranges. Somewhat low, but normal. I am 382 ng / dl. It does not justify the treatment.
Will there be a way to go to the research team nord or pois to perform tests ?.
Next week I have another shift with an endocrinol, hopefully it will be positive to give me the medication and be able to experiment with me.

Eliasjoelrivera

« Reply #44 on: November 29, 2019, 07:02:05 AM »
We have a degree of hope. I will try by all means to apply the treatment, under medical prescription. In Argentina the treatment is very expensive. That is why it is very difficult to access it. I will keep you informed about everything.

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #45 on: November 29, 2019, 05:44:42 PM »
Just use CTRL + F on this page and search for title or author keywords.
Is there an equivalent to CTRL-F on a mobile device?
10 years of significant POIS-reduction, treatment consisting of daily (365 days/year) testosterone patches.

TRT must be checked out carefully with your doctor due to fertility, cardiac and other risks.

40+ years of severe 4-days-POIS, married, raised a family, started/ran a business

Muon

• MCAD Thread
« Reply #46 on: November 29, 2019, 05:53:09 PM »
Dunno I rarely use my mobile device.

Nas

« Reply #47 on: November 29, 2019, 06:02:40 PM »

On browser look for options and look for "find" or "find in page". I use this method all the time on my phone.

Muon

• MCAD Thread
« Reply #48 on: November 29, 2019, 06:04:05 PM »
Ok I have compiled full versions of all papers in PDF format here:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/i4ploderhgty86o/AAABk_eHd89Af66YjyGLZa7Ta?dl=0

Some titles have been slightly adjusted because they gave me (syntax) errors. You can also find this link on page 1 of this thread.

Have fun reading!

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #49 on: November 29, 2019, 06:34:02 PM »

On browser look for options and look for "find" or "find in page". I use this method all the time on my phone.

Thanks, Nas!
« Last Edit: November 29, 2019, 07:13:22 PM by demografx »

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #50 on: November 29, 2019, 06:34:36 PM »
Muon, splendid effort!

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #51 on: November 29, 2019, 07:06:33 PM »
Ok I have compiled full versions of all papers in PDF format here:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/i4ploderhgty86o/AAABk_eHd89Af66YjyGLZa7Ta?dl=0

Some titles have been slightly adjusted because they gave me (syntax) errors. You can also find this link on page 1 of this thread.

Have fun reading!
Sent to our POIS Research Team
« Last Edit: November 29, 2019, 07:14:05 PM by demografx »

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #52 on: November 30, 2019, 07:54:06 PM »
''Treatment was initiated with hCG 1500IU injected subcutaneously three times per week. At six-week follow-up his symptoms had resolved completely, and he had discontinued use of alprazolam. He ejaculated more frequently, and experienced no weakness, anxiety, brain fog, or malaise afterwards. He noted improved mood, overall energy, and libido. Blood tests showed robust levels of total testosterone at 952 ng/dl and free T (direct) at 2.8 ng/dl. LH and FSH were below threshold limits. He reported this was the first time since he was 16y that he could experience orgasm without negative physical or emotional consequences afterwards. At six months of follow-up he continued hCG treatment, was happy, and masturbated several times per month. He still described mild POIS symptoms immediately following orgasm, but these resolved within 12 h and were not bothersome. Importantly, he no longer experienced dread with anticipated sexual activity.''

At six-week follow up his symptoms had resolved completely.
At six months of follow up he described mild POIS symptoms.

Did he stop doing hCG injections after the six-week follow up and continued after the 6-month follow up or did he use it all the time during these 6 months?

At age 25, I worry about his fertility! After TRT, my sperm count went to 0.00, presumably because of my TRT.

I’m not familiar with hCG, if it has the same downside risk.

I already had grown adult children. But this guy has his whole life ahead of him!
« Last Edit: November 30, 2019, 07:55:58 PM by demografx »

Nas

« Reply #53 on: November 30, 2019, 08:35:10 PM »

At age 25, I worry about his fertility! After TRT, my sperm count went to 0.00, presumably because of my TRT.

I’m not familiar with hCG, if it has the same downside risk.

I already had grown adult children. But this guy has his whole life ahead of him!

They mentioned in the paper that they decided to use hCG instead of TRT because the patient wished to keep his fertility and keep his testicular size.

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #54 on: November 30, 2019, 10:33:12 PM »
Thanks again, Nas.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2019, 03:07:42 AM by demografx »

Muon

• MCAD Thread
« Reply #55 on: December 01, 2019, 08:16:01 AM »
Muon, I wouldn’t be surprised if years of POIS agony drove me to the ER (actually my wife drove me
:) )

I also suspect entrepreneurial-business pressure + poor diet + alcohol. Plus my father died of BP complications, so much of my condition I suspect is hereditary. Thankfully, my BP meds work wonderfully, even on this caffeine-addicted body of mine :)

I'm wondering whether the POIS reaction dumps molecules into circulation increasing the risk of Atherosclerosis. I often get the impression circulation slowing down or at some spots feeling a local flow. Inflammation?--->Increased vascular resistance--->increased friction--->flow + friction = resonance/turbulence (less laminar flow)--->sense of flow. Also sometimes it feels just locally instable at spot X for a few seconds it disappears quick and soon after the same dynamic pops up somewhere else at spot Y.

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #56 on: December 01, 2019, 11:52:54 PM »
Makes sense!

Muon

• MCAD Thread
« Reply #57 on: December 02, 2019, 07:15:18 AM »
I wonder if BDNF is involved in poisers with relatively low levels of testosterone. Some POIS case reports state patients were stressed or having IBD prior to developing POIS aside from other things like allergies. PE and stress could be related to low levels of BDNF. I wouldn't be surprised when hCG upregulates BDNF. POIS is rare and you may ask yourself what the frequency is of non-poisers with low levels of testosterone. People don't completely recover from POIS by androgen treatment, which can be another indication you are modifying something else via T indirectly.

Brain‐derived neurotrophic factor: A steroidogenic regulator of Leydig cells
« Last Edit: December 02, 2019, 07:25:41 AM by Muon »

Nas

« Reply #58 on: December 02, 2019, 07:33:46 AM »
I agree Muon. Testosterone, or whatever hCG does else, seems to regulate the mechanism POISers suffer from.
We should never look at what's common as indicator to the cause rather we need to look towards something equally as rare as POIS.

Muon

• MCAD Thread
« Reply #59 on: December 02, 2019, 08:21:17 AM »
The change in testosterone per unit time could be responsible for positive effects rather than the higher absolute T levels...or both. It would not surprise me when the POIS symptoms returned and T levels remain normally high after the patient stopped hCG treatment.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2019, 08:44:47 AM by Muon »