Author Topic: Immunophenotypical Characterization of a Brazilian POIS Patient (15 oct 2019)  (Read 749 times)

Quantum

• Administrator

The reported failure of psychological test is positive too, in a sense.  This is a way to say that there is, really, a biological, neurological, hormonal or immune cause, and it has to be found.    It is not "all in our head" ( even if it can be to some extent, and more in some cases than others), and if we find the physical/physiological aspects of the illness, we will ba able to get some relief for POIS sufferers.

The problem I have with this, is clumsiness. I think most of us have a bad experience with psychologists since they always write us off as not ill, or it's "all in your head".
A good psychological assessment should compare psychological/neurological symptoms with potential neurological factors.
For example when you have depression a psychiatrist would prescribe you an SSRI; assuming that you have low serotonin.
If you have ADHD he will prescribe you a DRI or a NRI. Assuming that these are also low.
In fact psychologists sometimes take genetic and serum tests to treat rare cases of treatment resisting depression.
In short a psychiatrist is not a therapist. He should always have a more accurate etiological assessment that should definitely give a better insight of the situation.
That's why I have a hard time believing he was assessed by the psychiatrist properly.

I am not sure, Nas, that the patient was evaluated by a psychiatrist.  The abstract talks about a psychologist  ( so not a MD that has specialized in psychiatry, but a psychotherapist.)

My guess is that they have tried a short term, behavioral therapy, with 10 to 20 sessions, probably one to two session a week for a few months.   It is not possible that the patient went through a 3 to 5 years analytic therapy, considering the scope of the article. 

You are 100% responsible for what you do with anything I post on this forum and of any consequence it could have for you.  Forum rule: ""Do not use POISCenter as a substitute for, or to give, medical advice" Read the remaining part at http://poiscenter.com/forums/index.php?topic=1.msg10259#msg10259

demografx

• Administrator
  • All of us working together to defeat POIS!
It is the 3rd POIS related article in less than a year :)
I’m glad you don’t include the garbage articles that come through on Google’s “popular” POIS articles
:)

Surely not, indeed... that thread (  http://poiscenter.com/forums/index.php?topic=2392.msg20182#msg20182   ) is for a list of scientific articles only, articles you can show your physician, like the title says.   They are referenced, and published in a medical journal. That is what doctors look at when they want information.

Yes, that is why I severely restricted reporting the Google POIS Alerts that I receive :)

Thank you, Quantum.
10 years of significant POIS-reduction, treatment consisting of daily (365 days/year) testosterone patches.

TRT must be checked out carefully with your doctor due to fertility, cardiac and other risks.

40+ years of severe 4-days-POIS, married, raised a family, started/ran a business

demografx

• Administrator
New paper as of October 2019:

Immunophenotypical Characterization of a Brazilian POIS (Post-Orgasmic Illness Syndrome) Patient: Adding More Pieces to Puzzle

Does anyone got access to it? I would like to read it. Do we have a thread that compile POIS papers? I have seen nanna1 posting something similar but forgot which thread.

Muon, I already asked our researchers.

You could also try emailing the authors. First click “Show all authors”, right below the article headline. Then co-authors Santos and Galvão email addresses are shown, look for the envelope icons.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2019, 11:48:15 AM by demografx »
10 years of significant POIS-reduction, treatment consisting of daily (365 days/year) testosterone patches.

TRT must be checked out carefully with your doctor due to fertility, cardiac and other risks.

40+ years of severe 4-days-POIS, married, raised a family, started/ran a business

Muon

Ah ok, thanks Demo.

Nas

Ok yeah that makes sense quantum.
I just wish there would be a full psychiatric or neurological assessment of a POIS patient. It could help many of us a lot.

demografx

• Administrator

Ah ok, thanks Demo.

From our research friends:

“Sci-Hub is a great resource for this kind of thing:

https://sci-hub.se/10.1080/0092623x.2019.1677835

And for future reference: https://sci-hub.se/
« Last Edit: October 25, 2019, 05:05:01 PM by demografx »

demografx

• Administrator
I went to the article to request a free copy (academic), but I was stopped at username/password, I don’t have one :(

But it seems the right path.

Maybe you or Quantum can figure it out!
« Last Edit: October 25, 2019, 03:12:48 PM by demografx »

demografx

• Administrator
Muon, sorry if I accidentally hit lock topic. I hit unlock.

Muon

Muon, sorry if I accidentally hit lock topic. I hit unlock.
Hahah no problem. I have sent an email to the author just before you posted the link and received an email back from the author of that paper just after I got the paper from the link above.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2019, 05:34:59 PM by Muon »

demografx

• Administrator
Wonderful, Muon!

Quantum

• Administrator

Ah ok, thanks Demo.

Thanks for this free access link !

So, I have just read the whole article, and in my book, it is a confirmation that desensitization with autologous semen does not work, or at least, does not work in all of POIS cases  ( in fact, is there anyone that had lasting, significant results, with desens , ever ?  I am not aware of any case )

Also, this case report, with two control patients, confirm that skin prick test with own semen can be positive for ANY man, even when he does not have POIS.  Let's hope every POIS researchers, at last, will forget about skin prick tests !!!   And, hopefully, about the allergy theory.  So we can carry on to something new, and find useful relief for a majority of POIS sufferers.

You are 100% responsible for what you do with anything I post on this forum and of any consequence it could have for you.  Forum rule: ""Do not use POISCenter as a substitute for, or to give, medical advice" Read the remaining part at http://poiscenter.com/forums/index.php?topic=1.msg10259#msg10259

demografx

• Administrator
Quantum, I passed along your post above to Drs. L&P

certainlypois2

• Global Moderator

Ah ok, thanks Demo.

Thanks for this free access link !

So, I have just read the whole article, and in my book, it is a confirmation that desensitization with autologous semen does not work, or at least, does not work in all of POIS cases  ( in fact, is there anyone that had lasting, significant results, with desens , ever ?  I am not aware of any case )

Also, this case report, with two control patients, confirm that skin prick test with own semen can be positive for ANY man, even when he does not have POIS.  Let's hope every POIS researchers, at last, will forget about skin prick tests !!!   And, hopefully, about the allergy theory.  So we can carry on to something new, and find useful relief for a majority of POIS sufferers.

What were they saying about  NK cell subsets and activation markers.
All I understood was the result in pois patient is seen in some psychiatric problems.

nanna1

What were they saying about  NK cell subsets and activation markers.
All I understood was the result in pois patient is seen in some psychiatric problems.
They measured deficient (low) NK cells and B cells in the patient. These immune deficiencies are see in some psychiatric disorders.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2019, 11:50:27 PM by nanna1 »
POIS clusters: 1,3,4,5,7
POIS criteria: 1,2,3,4,5
2 stacks that give me complete relief of POIS symptoms are listed here: POIS cure: theory & supplement stack
Find medical test: https://www.findlabtest.com/