Author Topic: Histamines for POIS? (Thread about Antihistamines too)  (Read 94525 times)

sameer7777

• pls send what ever working pls thankyou
Re: Histamines for POIS?
« Reply #40 on: November 15, 2011, 03:53:19 PM »
Well, you probably have to try at least, who knows. We can add it to our list of YES or NO.

Most probably becasue you are cognitively affected, it won'y help much, but give it a go!!

where is the list of yes and No , pls tell me the link
pls don't expose me.
AFTER SEX/MASTERBATION (FLU LIKE SYMPTOMS)
1)BACK NECK PAIN GOES TO DOWN SPINE
2)NERVES LIKE SQUEEZED OUT
3)MORNING FEET NERVES PAIN
4)NASAL INFLAMMATION
5)BRAIN FOG
6)DEPRESSION
7)HIGH SUGAR LEVELS (TRIED INSULIN FOR 1 YEAR MAKE ME MORE SICK

Ccconfucius

« Reply #41 on: November 15, 2011, 04:45:58 PM »
Hi Dave,

I understand where your coming from, but for me, POIS has ruined every single thing in my life, ive tried all sorts of methods and never managed to get my POIS symptoms below 90%. My experience today however has blown my mind, ive been able to work out today and do some studying, I am normally bedridden for 3 days after ejaculation. Plus with all the research ive read supporting the cause of autoimmune disorders being animal protein, i know there is hard evidence to support why I feel so much better.

I am the biggest meat/dairy lover out there, all my friends always ask me if I had to be a vegetarian would i commit suicide?

Its quite ironic that I am now following a vegan diet.

I would plead you to do two things before you decide not to even try a vegan diet,

1) Read Dr. Colin Campbells chapter on Autoimmunde Disorders (I am sending you the e-book right now) and

2) Watch his documentary detailing how animal proteins cause many issues we face today (which I am also sending you via e-mail)

The only issue I have with the niacin treatment is that our body will become reliant on it and therefore start to require more and more, Niacin essentially protects our cells from the antibodies that our body creates, this is why it is often used to suppress the symptoms of Type-1 Diabetes. It does not however stop the creation of these antibodies.

what your friend dont know that pois is already suicide.

Ccconfucius

« Reply #42 on: November 15, 2011, 04:55:53 PM »
Hi jackson...
I somehow feel you are right..I am vegetarian and I will try the vegan diet from today and let all know what change I discover...its possible for me to shift easily to vegan because I am brought up in that way all my life I have been a strict vegitarian and jus to stop having milk products will be easy for me...bye
are you strict vegetarian right now,  am thinking if you are strict vegetarian and still have  pois, if taking out milk helps your pois then we ought to be looking into milk.

I have always being curious about milk.

jacksonean how long were you on diet before you started seeing results.

jacksonsean

« Reply #43 on: November 15, 2011, 05:15:30 PM »
Hi,

Only 4 days, and I was still eating a small portion of fish, but all meat, dairy, eggs was cut out.

jacksonsean

« Reply #44 on: November 15, 2011, 05:18:11 PM »
Just to add, I believe personal testimony is not substantial to stand alone, and our 'experiences' must be supported by theory and evidence, which I have gained from my research as described above. I encourage you to look into it.

Vincent M

• Physical overshadows cognitive symptoms. 10yrs.
« Reply #45 on: November 16, 2011, 06:09:30 AM »

I understand where your coming from, but for me, POIS has ruined every single thing in my life, ive tried all sorts of methods and never managed to get my POIS symptoms below 90%. My experience today however has blown my mind, ive been able to work out today and do some studying, I am normally bedridden for 3 days after ejaculation. Plus with all the research ive read supporting the cause of autoimmune disorders being animal protein, i know there is hard evidence to support why I feel so much better.

I am the biggest meat/dairy lover out there, all my friends always ask me if I had to be a vegetarian would i commit suicide?

Its quite ironic that I am now following a vegan diet.

What specific foods do you eat while on your vegan diet? I was a vegan for 5 months but the only positive result I found was that it reduced my sex drive. Other than that it just drained my strength and energy because I didn't know how to get the correct nutrients from only plant sources.
Taking ginger tea, no wheat, fenugreek+green tea/garlic, saw palmetto, niacin, boswellia, huperzine, B complex and nutmeg. See my treatment summary post for more info: http://poiscenter.com/forums/index.php?topic=81.msg3513#msg3513

omen

« Reply #46 on: November 16, 2011, 06:24:19 AM »
But what about the pois then??did it exist??

jacksonsean

« Reply #47 on: November 16, 2011, 06:44:25 AM »
Ive been eating a lot of fruits, lentils for protein, brown rice and sweet potato for carbs and vegetables for nutrients such as brocolli, kale, pepper ect. Were you following a strict vegan diet, for example did you drink milk/ eat cheese? And how were your POIS symptoms?

Vincent M

« Reply #48 on: November 16, 2011, 07:04:16 PM »
Ive been eating a lot of fruits, lentils for protein, brown rice and sweet potato for carbs and vegetables for nutrients such as brocolli, kale, pepper ect. Were you following a strict vegan diet, for example did you drink milk/ eat cheese? And how were your POIS symptoms?

It was a strict vegan diet. No products that came from any animal including milk & cheese. I did eat brown rice and lentils, but I skipped out of the green veggies like brocolli and spinach which is probably where my mistake was. I also ate a lot of original lays potatoe chips since I was surprised they were a vegan meal lol. And peanut butter. I found that if a day went by without brown rice and beans I couldn't function due to exhaustion. Oh I ate a lot of various nuts as well. However the entire time I didn't have sexual activity leading to an "o" at all, but I did have a nocturnal emission every 3 to 4 weeks. My symptoms after those NEs manifested mainly as slightly burning eyes, exhaustion, brain fog, and back pain, but it was still during the period my POIS was in it's early development state.
Taking ginger tea, no wheat, fenugreek+green tea/garlic, saw palmetto, niacin, boswellia, huperzine, B complex and nutmeg. See my treatment summary post for more info: http://poiscenter.com/forums/index.php?topic=81.msg3513#msg3513

jacksonsean

« Reply #49 on: November 16, 2011, 07:13:54 PM »
Hi Vincent,

There is little evidence that I know of to suggest that certain vegetables help to decrease autoimmune disorders. The evidence merely supports certain animal proteins (in Mr Campbell's Studies- Dairy and Red meat) as a cause of autoimmune disorders. I think it will be a bit more time before we can say for sure if POIS can be eradicated be elliminating these foods. I would suggest trying at least to cut out red meat and dairy to see how that affects your symptoms.

Vincent M

« Reply #50 on: November 20, 2011, 04:50:43 PM »
Took one pill of diphenhydramine (generic Benadryl) last night about 15min before an "o" and today I felt great. I think I feel the best I have since I got POIS. I may still have some brain fog and I can tell my anxiety is still a bit high, but physically I'd say I'm 90% free of POIS. Mentally I'd say at least 50% free of POIS. I can't tell if benadryl works better than Claritin or not just yet, but it seems it does. Also it's possible that I feel good due to a cumulative effect of the other meds I've been taking. I plan on testing benadryl again next weekend. I don't have as much time to experiment now that I'm working unfortunately.

hurray

• Lab1
« Reply #51 on: November 27, 2011, 02:52:39 PM »
Hi VM,

Feeling great is a potential side-effect of diphenhydramine, since it's a mild SSRI.

from wikipedia - In the 1960s, diphenhydramine was found to inhibit reuptake of the neurotransmitter serotonin. This discovery led to a search for viable antidepressants with similar structures and fewer side-effects, culminating in the invention of fluoxetine (Prozac), a selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor (SSRI).[24][25] A similar search had previously led to the synthesis of the first SSRI, zimelidine, from brompheniramine, also an antihistamine.

I hope you find diphenhydramine useful for treating your POIS - I look forward to more reports.

Daveman

• Administrator
« Reply #52 on: November 27, 2011, 06:50:02 PM »
Thanks guys, good information!
WITHOUT RESEARCH THERE WILL BE NO CURE!
Sessions 5 to 9 days, mostly Flu-like, joints, digestion problems, light cognitive.
Niacin has changed my lif though, now 1 day MAX.
Somewhere in this interaction with Niacin is the answer!

Vincent M

« Reply #53 on: November 27, 2011, 08:40:52 PM »
I took 1 diphenydramine (benadryl) last night as well about 15 min before an "o" and today I had the same large reduction in POIS symptoms. About 80 to 90% of my physical symptoms are eliminated and about half of my cognitive symptoms. It seems that benadryl works stronger and prevents more POIS symptoms than claritin, but claritin lasts longer which is good for me because I can take a single claritin and be about set for 3 days before i have to take another since I "o" every night. I haven't tested yet to see if benadryl has the same residual effect, but I'm guessing it doesn't. I've decided I'm just going to switch between the two so I take less of a chance of developing a tolerance to either.

As I've read that alcohol suppresses the immune system I've also been experimenting with it and it seems I feel better on a day after I've drank a number of beers. This could be due to anxiety reduction however.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2011, 08:43:24 PM by Vincent Marcus »

Vincent M

« Reply #54 on: December 26, 2011, 05:52:06 PM »
Last night I took 4 benadryl, 1 Claritin, two 100mg pills of niacin( one of which i cut open and took as powder), and 4 keystone light beers. I didn't notice a flush and had an orgasm an hour after the dose then went to bed. Felt great today. Basically no sign of POIS at all except some remaining cognitive slowness, but I feel that I'm closing in on the ideal med combination to start myself on a healing path.

as a side note I also did sublingual self treatment immediately following the orgasm. I ejaculated into a small cup filled with just a bit of water, mixed it with a spoon then held the mixture under my tongue for about 5 min. Had no reaction to the sublingual treatment, but I hope over time if I do it every night that the  treatment may help.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2011, 03:27:01 AM by Vincent Marcus »

b_jim

« Reply #55 on: March 29, 2012, 09:12:17 AM »
I quote again Horizon's first post :

* Histamine is necessary to modulate sleep.
* During an orgasm, histamine is released, and has been connected to the sex flush among women. However, men with high histamine levels may suffer from premature ejaculations.

I think this is the good point of view if allergy to semen is negative.
But I failed to get claritin today.
Taurine = Anti-Pois
Lyme disease "cured" in 2020.

Going less Crazy

« Reply #56 on: August 07, 2012, 08:59:55 PM »
I am one of the POIS'ers with good results from antihistamines, specifically claritin 24-hour.  Usually I take claritin about an hour pre-orgasm and it leaves me probably 75% or greater symptom free.  While off claritin and on about day 5 since my last O, I am usually symptom free, but I noticed a strange ache in the back of my head.  This sometimes happens after I exercise, and I have been exercising a lot in the heat the past couple of days.  So for this strange "ache" I decided to take excedrin migraine.  It really didn't do anything.  So I got fed up with it and took a quarter of a claritin 24-hour pill.  It was almost instantaneously gone. I was just amazed how the claritin cleared the ache in my head that has been with me for about 2 days.

*updated
« Last Edit: August 12, 2012, 09:06:24 PM by Going less Crazy »
My POIS managed with Diet (@ diet that 100% manages my pois)Believe my POIS stems from inflammation in the gut. O = neuro POIS from inflammation from the gut

supps: microdose zyrtec if needed for food sens. ibuprofen for infl. as needed. Melatonin as needed. Big Pinch Black cumin  seeds once daily

demografx

• Administrator
  • All of us working together to defeat POIS!
« Reply #57 on: August 08, 2012, 01:36:41 AM »

$9,270.00 $9,350.00 $10,272.00 $10,802.00 raised    
THANK YOU TO  OUR RETURNING MONTHLY DONOR!
towards our $33,500 goal.

Click here to CURE POIS:

Click here to read more about The POIS Medical Fund
« Last Edit: August 08, 2012, 01:39:06 AM by demografx »
10 years of significant POIS-reduction, treatment consisting of daily (365 days/year) testosterone patches.

TRT must be checked out carefully with your doctor due to fertility, cardiac and other risks.

40+ years of severe 4-days-POIS, married, raised a family, started/ran a business

Bulbo

« Reply #58 on: May 25, 2013, 08:46:09 AM »
Hello everyone. I tried antihistamine (desloratidine 5mg) and the muscle weakness and brain fog were gone.I was almost normal except for feeling sleepy. I was able to remember things but I felt very sleepy (which is a side effect of anti histamines). I have tried anti inflammatories and they too helped me (brain fog, muscle weakness were gone and I felt normal). I strongly feel that allergy to our reproductive secretions may be the cause for POIS. I come to know from this topic that antihistamines do not work for everyone. I do not know what causes POIS in those persons. But, in my case I strongly believe that allergy (Type 1 hypersensitivity reaction) is the cause for POIS.
             To say allergy is the cause for POIS,we should check our Serum IgE (Immunoglobulin E) level. I also kindly request those, for whom antihistamines did not work, to check your IgE levels. Immunoglobulin E triggers Type 1 hypersensitivity reactions by causing histamine release and histamine triggers production of inflammatory mediators.
             I checked my IgE level and it was 350 IU/ml ( normal value for adults is <190 IU/ml ).
             I have copied a quote from my textbook about allergy (atopy or type 1 hypersesitivity reaction). The quote is as follows.
" Predisposition to atopy is genetically determined, probably linked to MHC genotypes. Atopy therefore runs in families. What is inherited is not sensitivity to a particular antigen, or a particular atopic syndrome but the tendency to produce IgE antibodies in unusually large quantities. All individuals are capable of forming IgE antibodies in small amounts, but in atopics IgE production is markedly high."
             I think I have inherited the gene to produce markedly increased amount of IgE. But unlike my parents, I have developed type 1 hypersensitivity against my reproductive secretions. After type 1 hypersesitivity reaction has been triggered , the other type of hypersensitivity reactions like type2,3 or 4 can accompany. This means that different type of hypersensitivity reactions can co-exist.
             If you are interested to read about different hypersensitivity reactions, read this textbook " Pathological basis of disease" by Robbins and cotran 8th edition. Read topic "Hypersensitivity reactions" in chapter 6 "Diseases of immune system".This is a standard book used by medical students. There are pdf versions of the book available in the internet.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2013, 09:02:47 AM by Bulbo »

Vincent M

« Reply #59 on: May 25, 2013, 10:01:58 AM »
Hello everyone. I tried antihistamine (desloratidine 5mg) and the muscle weakness and brain fog were gone.I was almost normal except for feeling sleepy. I was able to remember things but I felt very sleepy (which is a side effect of anti histamines).

How long has desloratadine been working to improve your pois symptoms?