Author Topic: Advice on the Skin Prick test  (Read 2243 times)


  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 22
Advice on the Skin Prick test
« on: January 29, 2012, 09:41:05 AM »
Hi, you may know me from the Naked Scientists post. Well, finally i'm in this forum too. So, the next step i want to make is to get done the Skin Prick test by an allergist. I'd like to know your advices at demanding that. Any success stories? I can't afford right now to take a trip to visit Drs. Goldmeier or Waldinger, so i'm thinking about regular allergists.

Thanks in advance!
« Last Edit: January 29, 2012, 08:13:23 PM by Quasar »


  • Guest
Re: Advice with the Skin Prick test
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2012, 03:48:01 PM »
if i can find the letter an allergist wrote to my normal doctor, saying i reacted, i will email it to you, you can include that with dr waldingers paper.
Do you know anything about this doctor, try to find out if he is openminded or not. If he is not is going to be hard.
i guess you can mention the at least five people on this forum that have done the test and reacted.
you can print out their experience.

You can go online to check ratings, the ones rated highest are the ones that actually listen to their patients.   

When i ask doctors around. using email
I sent them all of the papers on pois and dr waldingers paper.
a sobb letter about how bad my pois is
pscychologist test showing problems with my brain.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2012, 04:03:19 PM by Ccconfucius »


  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 22
Re: Advice on the Skin Prick test
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2012, 08:20:26 PM »
Thanks Ccconfucius

I live in Spain, so here i can go directly to an allergist, bypassing the GP. But the problem is that here is not so usual to send emails to doctors before having had a first appointment. So i guess i will have to try some different allergists until i find one openminded...