Author Topic: The Summer Vacation Factor (SVF)  (Read 2537 times)

BoneBroth

The Summer Vacation Factor (SVF)
« on: July 24, 2019, 10:58:51 AM »
Earlier in life when I went for summer vacation with lots of sun, activity, sometimes swimming, hotter weather (30-40 degrees celcius) and good friends, I experienced a hughe relief in my POIS symptoms, sometimes they were even gone for over a months, though regulary O. It happens now too in some extent. What is the hughe diffrence? I did perhaps eat a little more healthier and more regular, but not very much diffrent then usual. Some thoughts:

1. More sun exposure makes more vitamin D (vitamin D is very important for immune system (and intestines) and for making and balancing hormones, absorption from sun is much better then from supplements (specially if you have a gut issue).
2. Less stress. Adrenals are recovering fast on relaxation and restoring hormone balances (anabolic/catabolic hormones are balanced upon secretion which inhibit inflammation). Release of opioids and less negative thoughts. We also get a long-awaited distance from the people we don't like in our everyday life.
3. Higher blood (and lynph) circulation due to more physical movement (exercise, swimming) --> organs get more nutrition/oxygen and recover. At the rest of the year we might end up sitting in front of the computer and TV making all systems clogged.
4. Avoidance of addictive behaviour that causes dopamin excess secretion (smartphones, facebook, computer gaming, fapping etcetera). The dopamine receptors can recover fast.
5. Higher and more consistent cortisol production because of higher exposion to light (cortisol lowers inflammation).
6. Better sleep due to better circadian rhythm and light exposure (highter cortisol on day makes higher melatonin in night) and exercise etcetera

Does anyone here experienced the same?
« Last Edit: September 04, 2022, 01:45:20 PM by BoneBroth »

lycopoulos

Re: The Summer Vacation Factor (SVF)
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2019, 08:43:43 PM »
I totally experience the same thing, on vacation symptoms are always a lot lighter. I believe its due to all the factors you mentioned

BoneBroth

« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2019, 03:32:45 PM »
Then we should be able to mimic those things and get relief

BoneBroth

« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2019, 02:47:59 AM »
During holliday we also stay away from addictive behaviours (smartphone, facebook, computer gaming, fapping etcetera) that can cause excessive dopamine production. The dopamine receptors can recover during holliday. We also stay away from negative thoughts.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2019, 02:51:23 AM by BoneBroth »

Muon

• MCAD Thread
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2019, 04:42:14 AM »
It's the opposite for me. Winter is the best especially at sub-zero temperatures. Heat is inducing, what I think, some kind of low grade inflammation in me. Low temp gives me stronger muscles, better metabolism and more sleep. POIS is always there though. I'm probably a minority here.

BoneBroth

« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2019, 04:57:35 AM »
I'm also heat sensitive, I prefer the cold seasons and out temperatures under 18 degrees. Thats how I feel all year around on a daily basis, but when combined with vacation and "vacation activities" it strangely enough becomes better again, even if its 40 degrees.

BoneBroth

« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2021, 03:22:54 PM »
After watching this pois video again i have to emphasize the dopamine factor. The guy on the clip points out how important it is to avoid any dopamine stimulating activity, and on vacations we do not sit in front of the computer, smartphone, watch tv, or dwell in dopamine stimulating thoughs.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2021, 03:26:59 PM by BoneBroth »

mike_sweden

« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2022, 01:14:37 PM »
winter is horrible for me and i also usually get a severe depression