Author Topic: Sitting a long time  (Read 1723 times)

mike_sweden

Sitting a long time
« on: July 22, 2019, 11:56:43 AM »
Was out flying between countries in europe recently and this meant sitting still for a long time in the airplane.

Had clear POIS symptoms after every trip, this happens nowadays also after long car trips.

any thoughts or ideas?

Iwillbeatthis

Re: Sitting a long time
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2019, 12:14:14 PM »
High stress from being in a closed space next to people where you can't move. Try and meditate next time you go or take a sleeping pill.

BoneBroth

« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2019, 12:19:04 PM »
When sitting still the lymphic system becomes clogged and the blood circulation slows down. That can cause headache and probably inflammation. Exercise is a relief for some people with POIS here.

mike_sweden

« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2019, 12:24:05 PM »
High stress from being in a closed space next to people where you can't move. Try and meditate next time you go or take a sleeping pill.

its often worse after a long car trip and there is usually no moment of anxiety there, but yes sitting among other people could be an explanation for some of the symptoms

Muon

• MCAD Thread
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2019, 12:47:04 PM »
There are 3 problems I can encounter with standing/sitting still (standing still is much worse).

1) Blood pooling (can happen within minutes or it could take hours)

2) Less stamina/weak muscles leading to more pressure on spine because muscles can't hold out for too long. At a certain point you are actively fighting gravity. I can't hold out for long on chairs without good back support. It can lead to physical stress and can overlap with pois.

3) Literally stress from being in one position for a long period of time (could also happen when laying down). This one overlaps with pois symptoms and with symptoms induced by heat. When the stress (is it stress?) disappears my muscles get stiff. When it cools down in the evening on hot days this similar symptom decreases leading to stiff muscles.

Not sure if I make much sense to the reader.

Animus

« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2019, 04:12:32 PM »

Yes, I've noticed that sitting puts pressure on the Prostate, actually.  And in general the sex organs. I have noticed that certain sitting positions are better than others. It's always a good idea to get up and stretch periodically. Or just pull over and get up for a minute.
Also stretch every morning & touch toes.

berlin1984

• Administrator
  • Use Adaptogens and Antioxidants, they can help.
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2020, 03:36:12 AM »
When sitting still the lymphic system becomes clogged and the blood circulation slows down. That can cause headache and probably inflammation. Exercise is a relief for some people with POIS here.

Or doing a lymphatic massage?
https://poiscenter.com/forums/index.php?topic=2864.msg35952

aswinpras06

« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2020, 10:15:05 PM »
Sitting for a long time increases symptoms of nocturnal emissions for me.  Because of my lung disease I am bedridden and have lost lot of weight.  For me both sitting for  long time and being very skinny multiplies my POI's symptoms.   Being skinny also triggers mast cell activation manifold as the fat layer protects us from environmental triggers.  I am struggling a lot because of this in addition to my lung problems.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2020, 10:19:20 PM by aswinpras06 »