Poll

Do you suffer from seasonal allergies

Yes
No
No, but I live in an area without much pollen

Author Topic: Seasonal allergies  (Read 1481 times)

Scary sheep

Seasonal allergies
« on: June 20, 2019, 01:51:26 AM »
I find that my body tends to overreact to certain stimuli. Grass and certain plants make my skin itchy, pollen makes me sneezy and my eyes red. Certain fruits make my throat itch. Though POIS symptoms are very different from allergies and the "allergic to own semen" hypothesis has been mostly discredited, I think an overactive immune system could still be a common underlying trait in sufferers. I'm interested to see how our rate of hay fever differs, if at all, from the general population.
Symptoms last 6-7 days. Onset of muscle weakness after 30 seconds. Symptoms include: brain fog, fatigue, depression, pale skin/dark circles under eyes,  digestive problems, difficulty taking a full breath, irritability. NONE of these are present out of POIS.

jeejay79

Re: Seasonal allergies
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2019, 09:16:08 AM »
Hi Scary Sheep,

I think I agree with you...as a child I had an asthmatic tendency that disappeared. But around age 16 I developed cholinergic urticaria after years of no symptoms of any illness. Then age 17/18 I developed POIS (I'm now 22). Although I don't have hayfever or any food allergies and never have done yet, I definitely have an allergic tendency in the general sense. Sneezing, itching, the urticaria...and the POIS.

Would love to do a study for the concordance rates between having POIS and having another immunological or allergy related illness.
Symptoms last 4-7 days: brain fog, itchy/watery eyes, warm sensation in back, difficulty getting full breath, headache, muscle spasms, weak legs, fast heart rate, stomach pain, social isolation, anxiety. Symptoms not present out of POIS state. Currently on daily Fexofenadine and low-histamine diet