Author Topic: I think I cured my POIS  (Read 1107 times)

JohnJames

Re: I think I cured my POIS
« Reply #15 on: June 01, 2019, 06:46:07 AM »
I've been on the carnivore diet for over a year now, eating pretty much only beef. I do eat raw milk/honey occasionally too (though I have had stints of months of only beef). Still have pois, though it is improved.

I have supplemented vitamin A in the past which had no effect on my pois (in theory this should make pois worse no?), and also eating fresh animal liver (high source of vitamin A) doesn't change symptoms for me.

I think the improvements you have experienced and many experience are not from vitamin A depletion, but due to improved gut microbiome, digestion, and avoiding plant toxins, as well as the increased nutrient density, and most people feel better in ketosis anyway.

I personally think that my POIS is caused by mercury toxicity, in which case the removal of thiol foods and supplementing selenium reduces symptoms (which it does for me). Interestingly, foods which are high in vitamin A also tend to be high in thiols.

Also evolutionarily speaking, vitamin A toxicity makes no sense, there's no way our ancestors ate a low vitamin A diet, I'm sure if this was a factor natural selection would select for people who don't get sick when consuming vitamin A.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2019, 06:59:09 AM by JohnJames »

tearjerker

« Reply #16 on: June 01, 2019, 03:01:00 PM »
I'm keeping the possibility open that this might be about plant toxins or simply carotenoids intolerance. I don't want to try any retinol yet because I don't want to ruin my state. About our ancestors, most traditional diets didn't contain as much VA as today especially considering fortification and supplements, besides there might be more to this, vaccines and glyphosate are suspected.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2019, 03:02:55 PM by tearjerker »

tearjerker

« Reply #17 on: August 10, 2019, 12:01:36 PM »
It wasn't vitamin a, I had an e. Coli infection. Certain foods would feed the bacteria and the bacteria were in turn causing inflammation.

itsmel

« Reply #18 on: August 10, 2019, 12:55:31 PM »
@tearjerker,

How did you came upon finding out that you had e.coli and what steps afterwards?

tearjerker

« Reply #19 on: August 10, 2019, 02:35:56 PM »
As a part of the scd diet you're supposed to introduce probiotics after a while, so I searched up some probiotics on iherb that didn't contain prebiotics since I was obviously reacting to that after testing, and also because scd said it would feed bad bacteria. I found this https://iherb.com/pr/Life-Extension-Florassist-GI-with-Phage-Technology-30-Liquid-Vegetarian-Capsules/72248. After a week of diarrhea I no longer had brainfog. I then searched on the net and it appears that the bacteriophage part of the product are viruses that kill different kinds of e. Coli bacteria https://www.healio.com/family-medicine/nutrition-and-fitness/news/online/%7B56ebd9f8-66cf-4329-b30c-83743254d66a%7D/bacteriophages-potentially-eliminate-pathogenic-gut-bacteria. I went to Sri Lanka in 2016 and got bad diarrhea, the Sri Lankan doctor said it was e. Coli. and prescribed antibiotics and the diarrhea stopped, but I thing that wasn't enough. Possibly resistant strains continued to thrive in my gi. It all started with gluten intolerance in 2010 and with time I had eliminated all gluten containing foods but still not getting better, because of e.coli. Both gluten and e. Coli. Feeling the same because as you can see from the last link there was a reduction in inflammation with phages and gluten creates inflammation in celiac. After killing the e. Coli. I had a significant improvement in wellbeing, but I'm still getting better every day even a month after as inflammation is subsiding.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2019, 02:41:43 PM by tearjerker »

Guts

« Reply #20 on: August 12, 2019, 10:03:10 AM »
I do raw meat diet and my physical health also improved

However i also notice a tremendous increase in sexdrive which is excruciating.

Vitamin A toxicity is pure BS..eskimo's don't die and eat liver and fish oils all day

orlands

« Reply #21 on: September 13, 2019, 01:20:46 PM »
Makes 100% sense to me that raw meat diet is one of the best possibles..
Eggs milk and raw meat, like Weston Price said.
Also some low glycemic fruits, such and cucumbers
And for those who exercise daily, some tangerines, oranges, watermelon, apples, and so on, to stimulate those growth hormones.