Author Topic: Are there instances of disappearance of POIS?  (Read 1929 times)

Investigator

Are there instances of disappearance of POIS?
« on: May 17, 2019, 03:39:03 AM »
I vaguely remember reading somewhere in the forum about people writing how their POIS spontaneously disappeared, just as it spontaneously appeared. This was very encouraging for me at the time I read it and has given me encouragement during the hard brain-fog periods.

I am seriously thinking of relocating. My POIS started a year after I moved from one country to another, and I am thinking of going back. I am wondering if there is any reason for me to believe this would help. I somehow believe POIS has to do with climate, or at the very least, with lifestyle. 

fernab

Re: Are there instances of disappearance of POIS?
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2019, 04:09:59 AM »
Hi Investigator,

Still nobody knows today what is the root cause of POIS.

Several hypotheses are considered. Hormonal imbalance. Nervous system, inmune system, stress, feeding and yes, It could be life style.

Some people say they got relief by taking something. (For which medical supervision is always recommended).

Many others don't get a good remedy yet (in which I include myself).

Here you have a good start point in order you find which type of POIS could be yours. But please, remember that it's always advisable medical supervision for any thing you want to try as a relief method. In this Forum we are no Doctors.

Best,
fernab.

Investigator

« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2019, 09:23:20 AM »
Hi Fernab,

Thanks for the answer - yes, I've been reading this great forum and have posted a few comments, I am also experimenting with some supplements, under the supervision of a doctor, to achieve some (partial) relief.

I'm wondering about those cases in which POIS has disappeared. Understanding "why" it has disappeared in these people is unreasonable, but at least even recalling that such cases exist is encouraging enough. This gives hope. It is particularly interesting to note what those people have changed in their lifestyles when their POIS disappeared. So my question was whether someone can recall where in the forum we can find this.   

fernab

« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2019, 09:47:20 AM »
Sorry I forgot passing you this good thread from Quantum:

https://poiscenter.com/forums/index.php?topic=2338.0

My personal believe (but this doesn't have to be the truth) is that the root cause of POIS is originated by an hormonal imbalance. And this hormonal imbalance, can affect and cause problems in the nervous system and also in the inmune system.

Ok. To trying to answer your question is not easy. I know that some people found a good relief. Some of them near 100% or even 100%. But POIS is not exactly the same for everybody. This is why I wanted to give you the link above.

Apart from that. You also have to know (although maybe you already know) that the things that a Poiser finds useful a diferent Poiser don't find anything useful (or maybe It could you feel even worse).

I know people feeling better taking flushing niacin. Other with taurine. Others doing a diet (like FODMAP). Others some more complex with their own stack of things...

You do well to seek medical supervision. and whatever anyone wants to test, It is always advisable to do it under medical supervisión.

If you want some links here in the forum where to read the solutions some Poisers found I could try to search some for you. But this link above is a good start point.

Best,
fernab.

Investigator

« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2019, 02:37:59 PM »
Thanks so much, this list is awesome!

demografx

• Administrator
  • All of us working together to defeat POIS!
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2019, 12:57:16 AM »
Great to hear, Investigator!
10 years of significant POIS-reduction, treatment consisting of daily (365 days/year) testosterone patches.

TRT must be checked out carefully with your doctor due to fertility, cardiac and other risks.

40+ years of severe 4-days-POIS, married, raised a family, started/ran a business

Journey

• MM group
  • INTP, 19 y.o. aware of POIS since 2019
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2020, 01:10:49 PM »
I wonder too