Author Topic: POIS NORD RESEARCH STUDY  (Read 118067 times)

demografx

• Administrator
  • All of us working together to defeat POIS!
Re: POIS 2022 NORD RESEARCH STUDY
« Reply #480 on: May 28, 2022, 02:55:35 AM »

What we…with POIS, need…[is NOT some] meager research effort that NORD is undertaking…

Hi Slight,

Sorry to read you come here essentially to express how much you are not satisfied…

Thank you, Quantum!

I am happy to see that this incredibly ungrateful forum negativity is confronted!
« Last Edit: May 28, 2022, 10:09:02 AM by demografx »
10 years of significant POIS-reduction, treatment consisting of daily (365 days/year) testosterone patches.

TRT must be checked out carefully with your doctor due to fertility, cardiac and other risks.

40+ years of severe 4-days-POIS, married, raised a family, started/ran a business

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #481 on: May 28, 2022, 02:59:13 AM »

…the forum…looks like some ancient suitcase from the 1940s…

Well, that is not very kind to express that much ungratefulness…

Quantum, million thanks for addressing  this unbelievable forum disrespect!
« Last Edit: May 28, 2022, 03:03:22 AM by demografx »
10 years of significant POIS-reduction, treatment consisting of daily (365 days/year) testosterone patches.

TRT must be checked out carefully with your doctor due to fertility, cardiac and other risks.

40+ years of severe 4-days-POIS, married, raised a family, started/ran a business

Hopeoneday

« Reply #482 on: May 30, 2022, 07:59:47 AM »

I have been saying here to finally upgrade the forum as it looks like some ancient suitcase from the 1940s and may repulse many new-comers but POISers here are lazy or something and no one ever puts any concentrated effort to make meaningful organized changes as you said

I am sure sr/nofap groups host hundreds of thousands of POISers

We got like 300-400 new users to /r/POIS from /r/nofap and /r/semenretention by many info spreading operations and in one day we got 100 POISers

However, once my post got around 30 upvotes the /r/nofap mods deleted it when it was growing more popular

Yourney, you are doing a briliant yob on reddit.

Obout web site... you must be happy that we hawe evan this one
relatet to pois, because if you reed about history of pois
and how old mebers here fight to hawe ewan this..you would
probbly understud then and cahange yours opinion.
I know that yours frustration is big, you hawe pois it is a
bad luck, but..imagine that you search on internet 15 years
is enyone sick after ejaculation and nowone respond,
its like you alone in universe... soo....

On other side i agree that we need a progres, but as you
can see, it is no an easy yob to do when pois is in quest..
On nofap, there are probbly a big nuber of poisers but
as you can se when you linked pois to them for info,
there are a big resistence there, etc..
But keep fighting, finger crossed for you.

Dr-pois.

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #483 on: May 30, 2022, 01:14:41 PM »
Hopeoneday, thank you for clarifying the struggle between our cyberfight for POIS’ existence vs. even more progress that is possible.

I have considered quitting many times since 2007 over the immense frustrations inherent in building a support center for POIS and especially in getting professional help from the outside world! I have failed in the latter effort at least twice. Major disappointments!!!

But as I said before, we are fortunately seeing much, much more progress than most other rare disorders.

After 15 years’ frustration, I have never felt more excited and hopeful for POIS’ future!
« Last Edit: May 30, 2022, 02:46:36 PM by demografx »

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #484 on: May 30, 2022, 02:56:23 PM »

…I read they [NORD’s 2022 POIS Research Study] have what? Like $32k worth of funding?

That's nothing.

Hi Slight,
Sorry to read…….

1. Read this:   https://poiscenter.com/forums/index.php?topic=3781.msg40119#msg40119. You will see all that has been done and also, you will read that our POIS Study has now far more than the initial 32K of funding -  an anonymous, generous donor from a family foundation has enhanced the NORD grant so that the research team added all the tests they have dreamed of adding to the upcoming 2022 POIS study.  So, once the pandemic will lift and the study will be allowed to begin, we will have a great, great study going on, more in dept than originally planned. This had been announced in this very research thread you are posting in, more than a year ago ( https://poiscenter.com/forums/index.php?topic=3006.msg40175;topicseen#msg40175 ).  Clearly, you missed that great news, even if this thread is clearly titled "POIS 2021-2022 NORD RESEARCH STUDY".

Quantum, i wanted to add this below to your excellent overview above!
Demo

!

VERY EXCITING POIS RESEARCH NEWS!

“Hey Demo,

My name's Eric and I've been a member of the forum for a while now.  I only learned about the UNL [NORD] study recently and decided to investigate.  After learning of a few deficiencies as a result of limited funding (they weren't going to look into delayed onset symptoms and other autoimmune/inflammatory biomarkers) I decided to get in contact with them to see how much funding they would require to expand their study to cover the things I thought were important.

I asked them to give me numbers for how much they would need for the basic additions I requested along with any other ones they could think of for their "dream" study.  They came back to me with some ideas which I thought were good.

I and my family's foundation have decided to fully fund the "dream" study!  Before I gave them the go ahead, I had asked Quantum if he knew any medical researchers in the forum I could contact.  That's why I'd gotten in touch with him prior.  Thanks again Quantum! 

I also reached out to an autoimmune researcher friend of mine for suggested expansions to the study and she gave me a few that Tierney and Nicole hadn't thought of so those might be added too.

The study will be tracking more inflammatory biomarkers, including delayed onset people, adding research assistants, larger sample size, etc.  I've been asked not to share their hypotheses or the study proposal so I can't share those details.  Suffice it to say, the study should be more comprehensive than before and hopefully allow for some real progress.

I'm personally deeply motivated to increase visibility and research for POIS (since it's taken away a lot of joy from my life).  This study seems like a great start.

Thanks for all your hard work organizing this study!  The funding is almost the easy part, I think what you did was incredible.  Hope you keep up your good work!

Thanks,
Eric”

Thank you, Eric!
Best wishes!
Demo
« Last Edit: May 30, 2022, 03:25:09 PM by demografx »

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #485 on: June 01, 2022, 06:26:42 PM »
For those of you who are not aware that our original scope of study has expanded significantly
Demo

!

VERY EXCITING 2022 POIS RESEARCH NEWS!

“Hey Demo,

My name's Eric and I've been a member of the forum for a while now.  I only learned about the UNL [NORD] study recently and decided to investigate.  After learning of a few deficiencies as a result of limited funding (they weren't going to look into delayed onset symptoms and other autoimmune/inflammatory biomarkers) I decided to get in contact with them to see how much funding they would require to expand their study to cover the things I thought were important.

I asked them to give me numbers for how much they would need for the basic additions I requested along with any other ones they could think of for their "dream" study.  They came back to me with some ideas which I thought were good.

I and my family's foundation have decided to fully fund the "dream" study!  Before I gave them the go ahead, I had asked Quantum if he knew any medical researchers in the forum I could contact.  That's why I'd gotten in touch with him prior.  Thanks again Quantum! 

I also reached out to an autoimmune researcher friend of mine for suggested expansions to the study and she gave me a few that Tierney and Nicole hadn't thought of so those might be added too.

The study will be tracking more inflammatory biomarkers, including delayed onset people, adding research assistants, larger sample size, etc.  I've been asked not to share their hypotheses or the study proposal so I can't share those details.  Suffice it to say, the study should be more comprehensive than before and hopefully allow for some real progress.

I'm personally deeply motivated to increase visibility and research for POIS (since it's taken away a lot of joy from my life).  This study seems like a great start.

Thanks for all your hard work organizing this study!  The funding is almost the easy part, I think what you did was incredible.  Hope you keep up your good work!

Thanks,
Eric”

Thank you, Eric!
Best wishes!
Demo
« Last Edit: June 01, 2022, 06:35:23 PM by demografx »

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #486 on: June 08, 2022, 07:32:49 AM »

Dr Nicole Prause - co-Investigator
2022 POIS RESEARCH STUDY
(the Study is mentioned in this video)

“Advancing Research In Sexual Psychophysiology, Sexual Biotechnology, And Sex-Tech”

https://youtu.be/rFiehQLjPpk

Dr. Nicole Prause, PhD is an American neuroscientist researching human sexual behavior, and the physiology of sexual response.

=======================
After 3 years of working with them, I firmly believe that Dr. Prause - - and Dr Lorenz,
2022 POIS Research Study’s Primary Investigator - - are both strongly committed in the long run to eliminate the scourge of POIS. To find a
cure
for our misery!

Best wishes to us all,
Demo
=======================

« Last Edit: June 08, 2022, 12:27:20 PM by demografx »

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #487 on: June 08, 2022, 04:47:32 PM »

Dr Nicole Prause - co-Investigator
2022 POIS RESEARCH STUDY

Tweet today about her new MATH Magazine podcast:
https://twitter.com/NicoleRPrause/status/1534620404760776704
« Last Edit: June 08, 2022, 04:50:50 PM by demografx »

Drew1312

Re: POIS 2021-2022 NORD RESEARCH STUDY
« Reply #488 on: June 13, 2022, 07:41:24 AM »
Amy update about the study? Will it continue  in 5 years or so?

Quantum

• Administrator
« Reply #489 on: June 13, 2022, 07:58:08 AM »
Amy update about the study? Will it continue  in 5 years or so?
Hi Drew, see at https://poiscenter.com/forums/index.php?topic=3006.msg44252#msg44252
You are 100% responsible for what you do with anything I post on this forum and of any consequence it could have for you.  Forum rule: ""Do not use POISCenter as a substitute for, or to give, medical advice" Read the remaining part at http://poiscenter.com/forums/index.php?topic=1.msg10259#msg10259

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #490 on: June 13, 2022, 09:16:24 AM »

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #491 on: July 02, 2022, 11:29:25 PM »

I had a very pleasant meeting this morning with Dr. Nicole Prause,
POISCenter-funded 2022 NORD Study’s POIS researcher/co-Investigator

https://poiscenter.com/forums/index.php?topic=3006.0

As most of you know, our 2022 POIS Study lab work, directed by Dr Prause, has now been officially approved to be conducted by UCLA (University of California, Los Angeles).

*****With UCLA now as the POIS Study lab researcher, our study has much more prestige!

As Dr Prause indicates: “Two universities
[UCLA and UN-L (University of Nebraska - Lincoln)] make the NORD [POIS] study sound like a powerhouse. :)” *****

I visited her POIS laboratory, which was very impressive, especially the computer systems. I even saw that the ejaculate-sample bottles had already arived for the POIS Study!
https://www.liberoscenter.com/

Dr. Tierney Lorenz,
our PI (Primary
POIS Investigator)

hurray

• Lab1
« Reply #492 on: July 03, 2022, 07:19:46 AM »

I had a very pleasant meeting this morning with Dr. Nicole Prause,
POISCenter-funded 2022 NORD Study’s POIS researcher/co-Investigator

As most of you know, our 2022 POIS Study lab work, directed by Dr Prause, has now been officially approved to be conducted by UCLA (University of California, Los Angeles).

*****With UCLA now as the POIS Study lab researcher, our study has much more prestige!

As Dr Prause indicates: “Two universities
[UCLA and UN-L (University of Nebraska - Lincoln)] make the NORD [POIS] study sound like a powerhouse. :)” *****

I visited her POIS laboratory, which was very impressive, especially the computer systems. I even saw that the ejaculate-sample bottles had already arived for the POIS Study!
https://www.liberoscenter.com/

Dr. Tierney Lorenz,
our PI (Primary
POIS Investigator)

Wow, that must have been a really interesting visit! Thanks for keeping us all up to date on events, Demo.

Limejuice

• Administrator
« Reply #493 on: July 03, 2022, 08:48:37 PM »
Amazing that you met with her!  Thank you for leading the research and organizing everything!

Can you share your first impressions on meeting her?  Do you think she's the right fit for our study?
« Last Edit: July 03, 2022, 09:48:19 PM by demografx »

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #494 on: July 04, 2022, 12:32:10 PM »
==================================================
2022 POIS Research Study!
======================================================
funded by all of us here at POISCenter:

Amazing that you met with her!
[Dr. Nicole Prause, 2022 POIS Study researcher] Thank you for leading the research and organizing everything!

Can you share your first impressions on meeting her?  Do you think she's the right fit for our study?

First impression was exactly your words
“She’s the right fit for our study” - -
intellectually, academically grounded, with great sincerity, and with healthy skepticism for the non-scientific sentiments that surround sexual research.

« Last Edit: July 04, 2022, 12:39:39 PM by demografx »

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #495 on: July 04, 2022, 12:35:49 PM »
For those of you who are not aware that our original scope of study for our 2022 POIS Research has expanded significantly!!
Demo

!

VERY EXCITING 2022 POIS RESEARCH NEWS!

“Hey Demo,

Thanks,
Eric”

Thank you, Eric!
Best wishes!
Demo
« Last Edit: July 04, 2022, 12:49:18 PM by demografx »

Hopeoneday

« Reply #496 on: July 04, 2022, 04:42:49 PM »
Well, i personaly think that
all this yob wich is done from some old mebers is incredible, beacuse we
are so "rare" and small comunity.
It would be wery hard to replicate all this
even in todays times.
So a big respect for all that
you all together  done so far.

« Last Edit: July 04, 2022, 04:56:01 PM by demografx »
Dr-pois.

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #497 on: July 04, 2022, 04:58:19 PM »
Well, i personaly think that
all this yob wich is done from some old mebers is incredible, beacuse we
are so "rare" and small comunity.
It would be wery hard to replicate all this
even in todays times.
So a big respect for all that
you all together  done so far.

On behalf of “some old members”…….
Thank you, Hopeoneday :)
« Last Edit: July 04, 2022, 05:00:55 PM by demografx »

Limejuice

• Administrator
« Reply #498 on: July 04, 2022, 11:49:49 PM »
After reading Demo's reply about Dr Prause I can't help but think that in many ways the long delays in our self-sponsored research has been a blessing in complete disguise.  After all how could an extended multi-year delay be beneficial?

Well, as Demo said, to find a researcher who's a complete fit A to Z is extremely difficult and well worth the wait as a lesser study could simply be a waste of money, energy, and lead us back to square one.  In addition, one of our very generous friends Eric  (above) and his family has recently offered to fund a 'dream study' requiring much more resources, ultimately giving us all the best chance to know as much as possible about POIS - that would not have occurred if our study was already done and over with.  Also, our leadership team are all much wiser about the complicated and intricate process of medical research having gone through a study iteration that failed, and can make more informed decisions regarding our dream study (along-side Eric). Lastly, all of us members now have more realistic expectations and a better understanding of what is about to happen.  Volunteer members for the study can also be better prepared (which is around the corner!)!

I think we are actually lucky in our research timing in that we've worked hard, never gave up, and were in the right place at the right time as a result of preparation, hard work, and overcoming obstacles.  Us POISers create our own luck.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2022, 11:25:29 AM by Limejuice »

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #499 on: July 05, 2022, 12:18:12 AM »
After reading Demo's reply about Dr Prause I can't help but think that in many ways the long delays in our self-sponsored research has been a blessing in complete disguise.  After all how could an extended multi-year delay be beneficial?

Well, as Demo said, to find a researcher who's a complete fit A to Z is extremely difficult and well worth the wait as a lesser study could simply be a waste of money, energy, and lead us back to square one.  In addition, one of our very generous friends Eric  (above) and his family has recently offered to fund a 'dream study' requiring much more resources, ultimately giving us all the best chance to know as much as possible about POIS - that would not have occurred if our study was already done and over with.  Also, our leadership team  are all much wiser about the complicated and intricate process of medical research having gone through a study iteration that failed, and can make more informed decisions regarding our dream study (along-side Eric). Lastly, all of us members now have more realistic expectations and a better understanding of what is about to happen.  Volunteer members for the study can also be better prepared (which is around the corner!)!

I think we are actually lucky in our research timing in that we've worked hard, never gave up, and were in the right place at the right time as a result of preparation, hard work, and overcoming obstacles.  Us POISers create our own luck.

Thank you, Limejuice, for this and for many years of your service to our community and to the cause of wiping out this dreaded illness we all call POIS!
« Last Edit: July 06, 2022, 05:33:23 PM by demografx »