Author Topic: POIS 2020-2021 NORD RESEARCH STUDY  (Read 22880 times)

demografx

• Administrator
  • All of us working together to defeat POIS!
Re: POIS 2019-2020 NORD RESEARCH STUDY
« Reply #255 on: May 24, 2020, 06:25:11 PM »
Cross-posted

...we recently got great news: The [POIS] Research Study is expanding in scope.

https://tinyurl.com/y85suu2p

« Last Edit: May 24, 2020, 06:34:04 PM by demografx »
10 years of significant POIS-reduction, treatment consisting of daily (365 days/year) testosterone patches.

TRT must be checked out carefully with your doctor due to fertility, cardiac and other risks.

40+ years of severe 4-days-POIS, married, raised a family, started/ran a business

joelawerence

« Reply #256 on: May 25, 2020, 04:31:43 AM »
Great stuff, Eric. Highly appreciated  :)
33 years old, POIS for around 12 years with increasing severity.
Major symptoms - Severe fatigue, back pain, unrefreshed even after 9+ hours sleep, pain behind eyes, very dry face, bald head with inflamed scalp, digestion issues and constipation. Very low testosterone and high glucose in blood tests

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #257 on: May 28, 2020, 07:24:56 PM »
Cross-posted

Thank you, it’s been a long long life struggle. And I’m still hoping for research to discover how to treat myself without becoming a groggy mess :)

We have both put a lot of time and energy into beating POIS. The new research into POIS is exciting, and I really hope they can find a treatment for everybody.

hurray, thank you! Your enthusiasm for the current POIS research program is hugely appreciated!

Whatever the outcome, it’s guaranteed to put us on the medical map.

It means far more serious visibility of POIS in the medical community, and an easier entry into the world of large scale medical research such as NIH, which funds billions of dollars into scientific inquiry of medical disorders.

And our research team is committed to getting us there!

Without this important first step, our chances of POIS treatment success would be extremely limited. Simply said, we desperately need outside professional help, which we’re finally getting!
« Last Edit: May 31, 2020, 10:23:23 PM by demografx »
10 years of significant POIS-reduction, treatment consisting of daily (365 days/year) testosterone patches.

TRT must be checked out carefully with your doctor due to fertility, cardiac and other risks.

40+ years of severe 4-days-POIS, married, raised a family, started/ran a business

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #258 on: May 31, 2020, 04:30:08 PM »
VERY EXCITING POIS RESEARCH NEWS!

"I [Eric] and my family's foundation have decided to fully fund the "dream" [POIS] study!"

Great stuff, Eric. Highly appreciated

joelawerence, thank you for posting!
« Last Edit: May 31, 2020, 10:22:13 PM by demografx »

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #259 on: June 01, 2020, 03:40:43 PM »

I [Eric] and my family's foundation have decided to fully fund the "dream" [POIS] study! 

Hi Demo,
Thank you so much for keeping me in the loop.
This is Wonderful news!!  Many many thanks to Eric and his Family for funding more comprehensive research. It's amazing that they will do their "dream" project. And I'm excited for the researchers to have that opportunity...
This will most surely advance the scientific investigation into POIS. In a major way.
Congratulations for keeping up the good fight, keeping people connected, and managing the forum. Many many thanks.
Please keep me in the loop. Thank you,
Animus.

Thank you, Animus!!

[Animus is POIS-free since his elective radical surgery 10 years ago
https://poiscenter.com/forums/index.php?topic=3004.0 ]
« Last Edit: June 03, 2020, 02:36:21 AM by demografx »

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #260 on: June 05, 2020, 01:28:52 AM »

Dr. Tierney Lorenz, University of Nebraska - Lincoln (UNL)

POIS Scientific Researcher

POISCenter-funded NORD PI (Principal Investigator)
and researcher Dr. Tierney Lorenz
Video: When Dr Lorenz was on faculty as a Post-Doctoral Research Fellow at The Kinsey Institute:
https://tinyurl.com/y2c6ryod

Aladin

« Reply #261 on: June 05, 2020, 06:30:20 AM »
Any news on when the study will resume?

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #262 on: June 05, 2020, 12:12:53 PM »
Any news on when the study will resume?
I will ask the POIS Research Team. Thank you, Aladin!

Demo;

Good question, and one we don’t have a great answer for. We were waiting for things to settle down following COVID, and now we are also waiting out the series of protests across LA (as I am sure you are aware). We will apprise you as soon as we are able to confirm that it is safe (and considering the curfews, legal) for participants to come to the lab again.

TKL
« Last Edit: June 07, 2020, 12:36:36 AM by demografx »

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #263 on: June 05, 2020, 11:37:03 PM »
Dr. Nicole Prause, Founder, Liberos, LLC

POIS Scientific Researcher

POISCenter-funded NORD researcher/co-Investigator
Dr. Nicole Prause’s TedX talk on orgasm:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=aK-zBBSqFV4
« Last Edit: June 05, 2020, 11:42:08 PM by demografx »

Observer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #264 on: June 06, 2020, 07:19:06 PM »
Well, again Eric, many thanks for what you have done and the positive consequences we are witnessing about it right now. You're a real hero!

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #265 on: June 06, 2020, 07:27:01 PM »

"I [Eric] and my family's foundation have decided to fully fund the "dream" [POIS] study!"

Well, again Eric, many thanks for what you have done and the positive consequences we are witnessing about it right now. You're a real hero!

Observer, thank you for posting!
« Last Edit: June 07, 2020, 12:37:45 AM by demografx »

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #266 on: June 06, 2020, 08:50:43 PM »
Qualified POIS volunteers will be tested at:

The POIS Research Laboratory

www.liberoscenter.com
« Last Edit: June 07, 2020, 12:27:47 AM by demografx »

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #267 on: June 17, 2020, 12:33:41 PM »
POIS Scientific Research Study Co-Investigator Dr. Nicole Prause’s recent discussion with Emily Dinuzzo about what happens in your brain during sex
https://www.thehealthy.com/sex/happens-to-brain-when-have-sex/

POISse

« Reply #268 on: June 21, 2020, 12:10:18 AM »
I haven't been here in a while and what a good surprise. Not all heroes wear capes... Thank you Eric, your gesture will be remembered.

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #269 on: June 21, 2020, 12:49:28 AM »

I haven't been here in a while and what a good surprise. Not all heroes wear capes... Thank you Eric, your gesture will be remembered.

POISse, welcome back!

Thanks for posting!