Author Topic: POIS NORD RESEARCH STUDY  (Read 124781 times)

demografx

• Administrator
  • All of us working together to defeat POIS!
Re: POIS 2019-2020 NORD RESEARCH STUDY
« Reply #160 on: February 10, 2020, 03:58:40 PM »
Wonderful, Investigator!!
10 years of significant POIS-reduction, treatment consisting of daily (365 days/year) testosterone patches.

TRT must be checked out carefully with your doctor due to fertility, cardiac and other risks.

40+ years of severe 4-days-POIS, married, raised a family, started/ran a business

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #161 on: February 10, 2020, 04:03:25 PM »
Will answer your Q shortly, Investigator!
10 years of significant POIS-reduction, treatment consisting of daily (365 days/year) testosterone patches.

TRT must be checked out carefully with your doctor due to fertility, cardiac and other risks.

40+ years of severe 4-days-POIS, married, raised a family, started/ran a business

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #162 on: February 10, 2020, 04:23:32 PM »

This is amazing news!!!
Thank you! From Demo, the POISCenter Admin/Mod Team & The POIS Researchers!

Does anybody know for how long the experiments are going to run? I want to fly from Europe to LA and participate, really, this is our chance.

Investigator,
The test session itself should only be 2 hours. There is a one-week followup, but it is all online. 
« Last Edit: February 10, 2020, 05:21:40 PM by demografx »

Investigator

« Reply #163 on: February 10, 2020, 04:32:54 PM »
I meant, do you know until when one can participate? I am trying to figure out when my earliest possibility to fly to LA would be. 
« Last Edit: February 10, 2020, 05:13:49 PM by Investigator »

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #164 on: February 10, 2020, 04:51:57 PM »
Hi, Investigator. I revised the ad notation above: the study will be done through September, and we will do everything possible to accommodate your travel schedule & availability! If you wish, PM me with any special request.
Best
Demo
« Last Edit: March 04, 2020, 11:20:29 PM by demografx »

Investigator

« Reply #165 on: February 10, 2020, 05:30:11 PM »
Thanks so much, Demo! I've already started looking at flights and will pm you once I am ready to make the specific plan.

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #166 on: February 10, 2020, 05:37:15 PM »
Wonderful, Investigator!!!!

This is POIS Science History In The Making!!
« Last Edit: February 28, 2020, 04:01:45 PM by demografx »

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #167 on: February 10, 2020, 05:42:52 PM »

Wow, exciting [POIS Study news]!  Thank you Demo. I will check it out soon in more depth.
have a great week,
Animus

« Last Edit: February 10, 2020, 05:52:40 PM by demografx »

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #168 on: February 10, 2020, 06:13:25 PM »
Thanks so much, Demo! I've already started looking at flights and will pm you once I am ready to make the specific plan.
Investigator, please make sure you qualify before booking flights!

You can do that right now:)
https://tinyurl.com/ttffxz4

Many thanks!
Demo
« Last Edit: February 12, 2020, 06:22:21 PM by demografx »

CarloFrancesco

« Reply #169 on: February 11, 2020, 12:21:34 PM »
Hm, altough I have classical POIS symptoms, I do unfortunately not qualify. I don’t know anything about study design(a potential candidate probably shouldn’t) but has this something to do with the fact that I do not have any prior injuries(hard facts) which could correlate with(cause) POIS. ??? Or is there preference for Americans because of the language barrier or legal reasons? Maybe I should redo the questionnaire with a vpn.

Investigator

« Reply #170 on: February 11, 2020, 12:36:56 PM »
"When you have an orgasm, do you have any of these symptoms start right away, last at least 2 days, and happen with every orgasm?"

I think this is clearly meant to ask if you have POIS symptoms. However, technically speaking, the symptoms don't really "start right away" in most of us. For me, they usually appear within 24 hours. Yes, occasionally they do start away, but then this would not be the case "with every orgasm." Waldinger described POIS in terms of symptoms starting a few hours following an orgasm, not "right away."

I really think "right away" should mean "within several hours and up to a day" here. In the last POIS survey that we were filling out, the questions meant to identify if the participant has POIS or not was worded more in line with the language of Waldinger and were streamlined at POIS more directly.

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #171 on: February 11, 2020, 07:03:52 PM »
Hm, altough I have classical POIS symptoms, I do unfortunately not qualify. I don’t know anything about study design(a potential candidate probably shouldn’t) but has this something to do with the fact that I do not have any prior injuries(hard facts) which could correlate with(cause) POIS. ??? Or is there preference for Americans because of the language barrier or legal reasons? Maybe I should redo the questionnaire with a vpn.
We do not screen out anyone based on their location. Please do not fill out the survey again, as we will report you as two people not qualifying for the same reason, if we do not catch the duplication.

Medical history definitely can disqualify someone from participating. Even if that ultimately caused POIS for that individual, we are trying to recruit a group as homogenous as reasonable for this first study. This way we can help the most people who have the most common presentations of POIS.

CarloFrancesco

« Reply #172 on: February 12, 2020, 12:58:08 AM »
Noted, I won’t redo it. But I was thinking that I have classical POIS symptoms. All of them mentioned in the questionnaire minus the influenza like feeling and feaver. But of course other background infos do matter.

Regards

Investigator

« Reply #173 on: February 12, 2020, 01:47:33 AM »
Oooooops, good call, Demo, I have to tell you that I had filled it out 3 times and only now did I read your comment that one should not redo it.

First time I did it, yes, I qualified, then I got to the page that says how to book an appointment for a short 10-minute phone talk. But I didn't write down this number. Then afterwards I was trying hard to find the number, checked the lab webpage and all of that, but couldn't find it. So, I redid the survey but since I knew I qualified, I was just skipping to the last page, without answering some questions. Then it said "No, you don't qualify." Third time I filled it out carefully, as in the first time, so I got to the last page with the phone number that I have to call. Now I have this number written down.

I hope that now as you know about the triple submission on my side, it won't create a mess.

Speaking of making the phone appointment, I called this number several times, but it was voice mail, asking me for my contact info. But I don't want to be called while I am in the office and other people could hear. Should I leave my contact info to this voicemail or just keep trying to call again?

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #174 on: February 12, 2020, 10:25:22 AM »
"When you have an orgasm, do you have any of these symptoms start right away, last at least 2 days, and happen with every orgasm?"

I think this is clearly meant to ask if you have POIS symptoms. However, technically speaking, the symptoms don't really "start right away" in most of us. For me, they usually appear within 24 hours. Yes, occasionally they do start away, but then this would not be the case "with every orgasm." Waldinger described POIS in terms of symptoms starting a few hours following an orgasm, not "right away."

I really think "right away" should mean "within several hours and up to a day" here. In the last POIS survey that we were filling out, the questions meant to identify if the participant has POIS or not was worded more in line with the language of Waldinger and were streamlined at POIS more directly.

Investigator, it’s a good point, and as you noted, the researchers aren’t trying to exclude people whose symptoms start shortly after, but maybe not immediately after, orgasm.

Dr. Prause and Dr. Lorenz will discuss.

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #175 on: February 12, 2020, 12:30:53 PM »

Speaking of making the phone appointment, I called this number several times, but it was voice mail, asking me for my contact info. But I don't want to be called while I am in the office and other people could hear. Should I leave my contact info to this voicemail or just keep trying to call again?

We are only asked to call if we request a phone appointment within the hour (changed from 24 hours) , because they may not be able to accomodate our request that soon. If we pick any times in the future, they will automatically reserve the time, they will see it, and they manually confirm that they have seen it and will call.

Hope that helps. In general, we do not need to call.

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #176 on: February 12, 2020, 12:47:10 PM »
Noted, I won’t redo it. But I was thinking that I have classical POIS symptoms. All of them mentioned in the questionnaire minus the influenza like feeling and feaver. But of course other background infos do matter.

Regards

Thanks for understanding!

CarloFrancesco, for what it’s worth,
I was also disqualified!
« Last Edit: February 12, 2020, 01:14:22 PM by demografx »

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #177 on: February 12, 2020, 02:00:53 PM »

Investigator, it’s a good point, and as you noted, the researchers aren’t trying to exclude people whose symptoms start shortly after, but maybe not immediately after, orgasm.

Dr. Prause and Dr. Lorenz will discuss.

The POIS Researchers have added a clarification to the online questionnaire:

" start right away (that is, shortly after, with symptoms starting no later than 24 hours after orgasm) "

Thanks, Investigator!
Demo
« Last Edit: February 12, 2020, 02:33:41 PM by demografx »

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #178 on: February 12, 2020, 03:54:11 PM »

Please visit & explore!

https://tinyurl.com/ttffxz4

Please fill out this  form to help us look at early responders’ data - and to see if you qualify!

They will recruit until they get enough participants to fill the study - which includes 40 men with POIS.

They will definitely be collecting data from participants for months, until at least September. They will accommodate travelers in coordination with them, such as evening and weekend times.

« Last Edit: February 28, 2020, 03:48:03 PM by demografx »

Investigator

« Reply #179 on: February 13, 2020, 02:16:29 AM »

We are only asked to call if we request a phone appointment within the hour (changed from 24 hours) , because they may not be able to accomodate our request that soon. If we pick any times in the future, they will automatically reserve the time, they will see it, and they manually confirm that they have seen it and will call.

Hope that helps. In general, we do not need to call.

I am still confused about this. After I completed the questionnaire, I saw a little calendar with available time slots for a short 10-minute phone appointment. These were all within the next few days. Once I click on a specific time slot, a little pop-up window appears and says "to book this time slot, call ()---" I called several times (it was during business hours in LA), but it's a voicemail that answers.

Now, I can't get to the mini-calendar again, because the only way to get there is to go through the survey, which we shouldn't do. But I still have the number written down. However, it's voicemail that answers. What should I do, should I just leave a message with my name and contact info, and ask them to call me when they have a chance, and if I can't answer, to call me again? Thanks for the clarification!