Author Topic: Castration, why did it work  (Read 58227 times)

Hopeoneday

Re: Castration, why did it work
« Reply #180 on: January 07, 2020, 04:31:01 PM »
Yeah , this isnt forced stop when full ejaculation start, this is a go to the moment when first small muscule moves start an then i stopped on purpose
(then i sussces expell only drop of semen) .
Odher posibility is when semen from seminall vesicles hit prostate erea and then reaction happend,  i do not thing that sperm can go to area of prostate from only tiniy amount of semen , that is one drop of semen(in those my tests).
But i think that reaction happend when prostate ducts open.

Prostate is known to hawe a wery strong barier, that is why prostatitis is
wery hard to treat.
Dr-pois.

Disaster

« Reply #181 on: January 17, 2020, 12:23:43 AM »

Animus, I just thought of an important question that may give us more clues. I assume you had your prostate scanned before surgery. Have you ever had it scanned since? Or are there other tests like blood work that can determine the size of your prostate that you did before surgery, after surgery and years later? Lastly have you gone months without taking your prostate reduction supplement or BPH medication?

What I would like to ascertain is how sick you would be if your prostate grew back to pre-surgery size. As I said before it would have given us more clues if you have the TURP and SV maybe 1 year apart. I am wondering if the SV was the ultimate cure. The way to know if it is not is by you having symptoms still if your prostate enlarged again and it produced the same amount of semen. If you have never experimented with not taking the reduction meds then you may be taking it for no reason and can stop it. If symptoms return then we know for sure the prostate is as important a clue as the SV.

As I am gathering a Medical Think tank of sorts this information will be very useful. Plus one thing I am trying to wrap my brain around is that if Semen Volume is a cause/trigger then how did you get such a big reduction in symptoms because as you well know it doesn?t represent a amount of volume. It could be a threshold thing so I?m not convinced it?s not volume that is the problem. The more clues the better for any puzzle including medical ones.

Looking forward to your response  :)

Thank you,
D
« Last Edit: January 18, 2020, 10:34:23 PM by Disaster »
POIS sufferer for over 3 decades. Has progressively gotten worse over the years and I became completely disabled around 2011. My case of POIS is very severe.

Animus

« Reply #182 on: January 19, 2020, 04:56:19 PM »

Animus, I just thought of an important question that may give us more clues. I assume you had your prostate scanned before surgery. Have you ever had it scanned since? Or are there other tests like blood work that can determine the size of your prostate that you did before surgery, after surgery and years later? Lastly have you gone months without taking your prostate reduction supplement or BPH medication?

What I would like to ascertain is how sick you would be if your prostate grew back to pre-surgery size. As I said before it would have given us more clues if you have the TURP and SV maybe 1 year apart. I am wondering if the SV was the ultimate cure. The way to know if it is not is by you having symptoms still if your prostate enlarged again and it produced the same amount of semen. If you have never experimented with not taking the reduction meds then you may be taking it for no reason and can stop it. If symptoms return then we know for sure the prostate is as important a clue as the SV.

As I am gathering a Medical Think tank of sorts this information will be very useful. Plus one thing I am trying to wrap my brain around is that if Semen Volume is a cause/trigger then how did you get such a big reduction in symptoms because as you well know it doesn?t represent a amount of volume. It could be a threshold thing so I?m not convinced it?s not volume that is the problem. The more clues the better for any puzzle including medical ones.

Looking forward to your response  :)

Thank you,
D

Hi Disaster,
Those are great questions..!  Happy to shed light on that. Good questions about the Prostate...
So, I did have mine scanned by a urologist early on.  There are various methods to check the size of the Prostate.. the most common is simply the "finger through the anus" method.. Basically the doctor will feel the size there- it's very close to the anus.
Before my surgeries, I had it checked that way, and I also had it scanned.
The other way is to have the patient pee, and then do an ultrasound to see if there's any urine left in the bladder. 
That's what I did, and they found a lot of remaining urine in my bladder-- indicating that it was indeed enlarged, and I wasn't able to empty the bladder fully...

I haven't had it checked in a couple years.  But I can tell when it's enlarged because of the symptoms.
If it's enlarged, you'd have trouble holding your bladder- incontinence. You'll get up at night to pee.  Or you'll have to rush to the bathroom often.  I've gone as far as losing control of my bladder too-- and pissing in my pants!  So that's an obvious sign. 

Your second question is great too... yes. I have neglected to take my prostate meds over the years in a few instances. For one reason or another.  And I've discovered the importance of staying on them. 
If I go off my prostate meds, I will get incontinence.  And it's a real pain. Even after a week without them, I will feel a marked change. 2 or more weeks would not be advisable at all for me. 

So, additionally... if I go off my Prostate pills for a longer length of time, and I ejaculate, I do notice that there is more fluid in the Ejaculation, and Yes, I will feel some mild POIS Symptoms, such as feeling very tired for a day, or getting a little depressed and antisocial... 

So those are great questions, Disaster.  I currently take Avodart (Dutasteride) daily, and also an herbal supplement called Super Beta Prostate. I'm pretty vigilant about keeping the regimen, because it's an easy way to ward off any problems for me.  When I'm taking them, I have no incontinence, and no POIS symptoms, and everything is fine.  My prostate reacts fairly quickly to the medicine, and will improve within a matter of Days.

And additionally, I do think it is a seminal volume issue. And I doubt/ am not sure whether it is a single organ... ( testes, seminal vesicles, prostate) which is responsible for POIS, but rather all three.  That is my thought.

Because I can honestly say that I had a Major improvement after the Castration (only the testicles). It was significant, but not 100%

Hope that helps.
best regards,
Animus

« Last Edit: January 19, 2020, 06:07:08 PM by Animus »

demografx

• Administrator
  • All of us working together to defeat POIS!
« Reply #183 on: January 19, 2020, 05:34:53 PM »
Thanks, Animus & Disaster!
10 years of significant POIS-reduction, treatment consisting of daily (365 days/year) testosterone patches.

TRT must be checked out carefully with your doctor due to fertility, cardiac and other risks.

40+ years of severe 4-days-POIS, married, raised a family, started/ran a business

Muon

• MCAD Thread
« Reply #184 on: January 22, 2020, 11:20:21 AM »
Animus, did you experience any stress or were you in a stressful situation just prior to your development of POIS symptoms?

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #185 on: January 22, 2020, 03:48:26 PM »
Animus, did you experience any stress or were you in a stressful situation just prior to your development of POIS symptoms?
(Emailed to Animus)
10 years of significant POIS-reduction, treatment consisting of daily (365 days/year) testosterone patches.

TRT must be checked out carefully with your doctor due to fertility, cardiac and other risks.

40+ years of severe 4-days-POIS, married, raised a family, started/ran a business

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #186 on: January 23, 2020, 01:01:35 AM »
Once again...
The Learning Channel's (TLC) feature TV presentation on
Animus’ 100% POIS cure:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=6sdaR18vw1s
« Last Edit: January 23, 2020, 01:03:51 AM by demografx »

Animus

« Reply #187 on: January 25, 2020, 08:18:07 PM »

Hi Muon,
Great question... thank you for asking. Short answer: YES.  Lots of stress at the time when I developed POIS.
I was stressed out with life in New York City, and wanting to leave.  Also intense physical stress I think. What really triggered it for me, was when I took some herbal "male enhancement pills". They were designed to give more powerful erections, and more volume ejaculations. They also caused my testicles to grow twice their size, seriously.  They had a very bad effect on me for some reason.

So, as to your question, I don't know if you mean physical or mental stress. But at the time, I certainly had both.
Did you have a period of stress too during onset of POIS?
best regards,
Animus

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #188 on: January 26, 2020, 12:53:27 AM »
Thanks, Animus!

Muon

• MCAD Thread
« Reply #189 on: January 27, 2020, 04:40:45 PM »
Did you have a period of stress too during onset of POIS?
Not during onset no. I always had food sensitivities though. I experienced some stress when POIS symptoms began to snowball, 4/5 years later after onset, but probably as a consequence of POIS. Also I did a lot of physical activity, as in sports, on a daily basis during the period that POIS began to snowball.

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #190 on: January 27, 2020, 06:32:43 PM »
(Emailed Muon reply to Animus)

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #191 on: January 28, 2020, 01:54:47 AM »

Once again...
The Learning Channel's (TLC) feature TV presentation on
Animus’ 100% POIS cure:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=6sdaR18vw1s

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #192 on: January 29, 2020, 10:31:08 AM »

...if you google "inhibit semen production" that would be my starting point.

The first thing that popped up for me:

Chemotherapy drugs will inhibit sperm production and other medications such as spironolactone, cimetidine, nifedipine, sulfasalazine, colchicine, and oral ketoconazole can also negatively impact male fertility. Sep 10, 2019

Demo, This is GREAT! 
Thank you for this.  I think this is JUST the direction that POIS research can go in.
These drugs may work to inhibit semen production. So will radiation therapy. It is used commonly for the Prostate to treat cancer. It could be additionally used to treat the Testicles, and Seminal vesicles too.
This could be a very promising alternative to Surgery.

So...the end goal here is to approach a pharmaceutical manufacturer to sponsor a Clinical Trial for POIS, as I have tried to do with my Androderm-brand testosterone manufacturer (Allergan Pharmaceuticals) in the past.

I plan on continuing my search for the “right” company that produces a semen inhibiting drug, such as the above, e.g., chemotherapy.

The model for all this is Animus’ “dry ejaculation” success for 10 years that has defeated his POIS symptoms.

I encourage anyone else interested here at the forum - - or outside readers - - to help find the “right” drug company to approach for a Clinical Trial!
« Last Edit: January 29, 2020, 12:07:15 PM by demografx »

Limejuice

• Administrator
« Reply #193 on: January 29, 2020, 10:53:47 AM »
I like your logic and direction with this! Also, pharmaceutical companies have funds and the experience to sponsor research and clinical trials, and the upside for creating a sperm-free drug for not only POIS but birth control is a huge opportunity.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2020, 10:56:54 AM by Limejuice »

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #194 on: January 29, 2020, 10:55:44 AM »

I like your logic and direction with this! Also, drug companies have funds to sponsor expensive research , and the upside for creating a sperm-free drug for not only POIS but birth control is a huge opportunity for a pharmaceutical company.

Thank you, Limejuice!
« Last Edit: January 29, 2020, 10:57:20 AM by demografx »

kingfisher

« Reply #195 on: January 30, 2020, 08:19:27 PM »

...In theory BPH medications like the one you are taking reduces semen production/volume so I was thinking that if semen volume was a problem for us or any POIS guy the  a trial on a BPH medication should show some reduction even if it’s 20%. Probably it is best tested on those of us who have longer lasting symptoms to measure reduction based on duration of symptoms.. for example if someone has 7 days of symptoms and they have 5-6 days after the BPH med then it is more obvious of a help then if someone has 1-2 days of symptoms. And maybe everyone could do this through their urologist and have the improvement documented..

Disaster,

I had taken a BPH medication (dutasteride + tamsulosin) for prostate enlargement for almost a year. It did not help my POIS problem for the duration I was taking the drug. I am not saying it is not worth a try, but it did not help in my case.

Also the drug gave me a side effect of retrograde ejaculation just a few weeks after starting the drug. The urologist told me it was expected (the BPH drugs loosen the bladder neck). I felt I had reduced volume too but there was no way I could know it for sure as the ejaculate was going back into the bladder. I got back to normal ejaculations after stopping the drug.

Anyone trying it out for long-term use should become aware of the side effects. Please do not try it without the recommendation of a competent doctor as some of it's side effects can be permanent.

From whatever little I know, Tamsulosin will help urine flow by easing the compression pressure around the bladder neck, while dutasteride is the one that acts directly on the prostate.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2020, 02:20:12 AM by kingfisher »

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #196 on: January 30, 2020, 08:35:08 PM »
kingfisher, thanks for that input!

Animus

« Reply #197 on: April 11, 2020, 01:32:46 AM »

...if you google "inhibit semen production" that would be my starting point.

The first thing that popped up for me:

Chemotherapy drugs will inhibit sperm production and other medications such as spironolactone, cimetidine, nifedipine, sulfasalazine, colchicine, and oral ketoconazole can also negatively impact male fertility. Sep 10, 2019

Demo, This is GREAT! 
Thank you for this.  I think this is JUST the direction that POIS research can go in.
These drugs may work to inhibit semen production. So will radiation therapy. It is used commonly for the Prostate to treat cancer. It could be additionally used to treat the Testicles, and Seminal vesicles too.
This could be a very promising alternative to Surgery.

So...the end goal here is to approach a pharmaceutical manufacturer to sponsor a Clinical Trial for POIS, as I have tried to do with my Androderm-brand testosterone manufacturer (Allergan Pharmaceuticals) in the past.

I plan on continuing my search for the “right” company that produces a semen inhibiting drug, such as the above, e.g., chemotherapy.

The model for all this is Animus’ “dry ejaculation” success for 10 years that has defeated his POIS symptoms.

I encourage anyone else interested here at the forum - - or outside readers - - to help find the “right” drug company to approach for a Clinical Trial!

Demo,
Thank you for your encouragement along these lines...!
Yes, I agree, that a clinical trial should be an "End Goal" of the research.
There are many ways to skin a cat. as they say. But This was the theory that cured it for me.
Dry Ejaculation, and Zero Semen production...
It is shutting down the semen production system.  Taking out surgically, or somehow inhibiting the 3 main organs that produce semen was my goal, while still being able to have sex- dry ejaculation.

However, in retrospect, I see how drastic my solution is... At the time, it was my mission- and I would not take No for an answer.   (Sometimes, you don't have a decade or more to wait until the research catches up with the problem... by then, much of your life can be ruined by POIS.) I think we all feel the pressure to do something.  I feel very lucky that I overcame POIS, regained my ability to work, socialize, move forward with my dreams, and enjoy life again.

I hope we can somehow glean some kind of data, or knowledge from my case history...  I'm aware that it requires quite a few "leaps". My solution also goes AGAINST, or contradicts medical advice. I'm aware of that. No doctor wants to be held responsible for "radical, or invasive" experimental treatment.

So it should be noted, that at NO POINT in my procedures, was my life every in jeopardy. The worst outcomes of my procedures were not life threatening. The danger was incontinence, and inability to have an erection.

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #198 on: April 11, 2020, 03:14:23 PM »

Demo,

Thank you for your encouragement along these lines...!

I encourage ANYONE to think of Animus’
dry ejaculation success and how we might
‘reverse-engineer’ that concept without undergoing Animus’ drastic but utmost courageous AND SUCCESSFUL approach of radical surgery.

Perhaps we can think of experimental-but-safe ways to do this even before a Clinical Trial, which might take years to achieve.

Please NOTE: the above is only my opinion. I realize there are many paths to POIS success, and I encourage you all to follow your good instincts as to what might best work for you. In the absence of hard, clinical evidence.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2020, 07:17:08 PM by demografx »

Muon

• MCAD Thread
« Reply #199 on: September 13, 2020, 05:51:31 PM »

Hi Muon,
Great question... thank you for asking. Short answer: YES.  Lots of stress at the time when I developed POIS.
I was stressed out with life in New York City, and wanting to leave.  Also intense physical stress I think. What really triggered it for me, was when I took some herbal "male enhancement pills". They were designed to give more powerful erections, and more volume ejaculations. They also caused my testicles to grow twice their size, seriously.  They had a very bad effect on me for some reason.

So, as to your question, I don't know if you mean physical or mental stress. But at the time, I certainly had both.

Dr. Theoharides:

" Therefore, any type of stress by definition is likely to stimulate the mast cells directly or make them more responsive either to new triggers or whatever triggers a patient might have had to begin with."

"We published a paper a long time ago that stress meaning CRH we add CRH to human mast cells they become much more responsive to Mercury, for instance, okay. And this is an area that just not being discussed, that the mast cells must have some threshold that is being reset. Because I have so many patients who basically say, "Something happened, and all of a sudden I'm allergic or I respond to everything"
Ref

Stress ---> could made his genitourinary mast cells responsive to constituents of semen.

They also caused my testicles to grow twice their size, seriously.  They had a very bad effect on me for some reason.

Could be swelling and could be a sign of mast cell activation (MRGPRX2 is a key player in drug hypersensitivities), plus it may be an additional trigger to stress (on top of his true allergies which are IgE mediated triggers):

"Combination of triggers is more important than individual ones as they can lower the stimulation threshold of mast cells and 'prime' them for additional triggers." Ref

Castration prevents direct contact between the constituents of semen and the primed mast cells of the genitourinary system.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2020, 06:30:46 PM by Muon »