Author Topic: Joystik Intro  (Read 3115 times)

Joystik

Joystik Intro
« on: April 18, 2019, 07:30:13 PM »
Sorry if wrong section, this forum is confusing.

I've been suffering from POIS for years and God damn its frustrating. It hit in my late teens and now I'm in my mid 20s. Diagnosed with ADD. I've tried dozens of supplements and find phenibut, allergy meds, noopept, and advil to be the best. Dexedrine is ok too. Listening to brainwave entertainment / binaural beats helps a bit too. I think at my peak, I refrained from ejacukating for a few months while listening to a certain very expensive subliminal audio product, I think I lasted maybe 2 months. I am starting to listen to it again because I've been getting urges and is totally messing up my life right now. I feel like a potato. Damn, it took me a solid 10 minutes to figure out that Brain Fog was the answer to the stupid registration question.

Anyway, I hope to find some answers here about treatment and other supplements to try. Thanks!

Joystik

Re: Joystik Intro
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2019, 07:42:31 PM »
Wow I don't think I'll stick around because of this annoying Spam prevention measures. I shouldn't need to know the Dutch researcher / who has the most posts just to participate and learn more about this condition. I run a MyBB forum and have found that turning off caotcha and spam prevention while posting greatly encourages members to post. You get lots more content that way. We use Cloud Flare to stop a lot of spammy IPs from visiting and have our registration status set to manual. Just FYI... I'd hate to see a community tank because of this.

demografx

• Administrator
  • All of us working together to defeat POIS!
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2019, 01:03:34 PM »
Wow I don't think I'll stick around because of this [sic] annoying Spam prevention measures.
I'd hate to see a community tank because of this.

We’ve been around for 12 years. 800 members. #1 in POIS Research.

Welcome to the forum, Joystik
« Last Edit: April 20, 2019, 01:06:09 PM by demografx »
10 years of significant POIS-reduction, treatment consisting of daily (365 days/year) testosterone patches.

TRT must be checked out carefully with your doctor due to fertility, cardiac and other risks.

40+ years of severe 4-days-POIS, married, raised a family, started/ran a business

Eliasjoelrivera

« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2019, 06:38:38 AM »
Sorry if wrong section, this forum is confusing.

I've been suffering from POIS for years and God damn its frustrating. It hit in my late teens and now I'm in my mid 20s. Diagnosed with ADD. I've tried dozens of supplements and find phenibut, allergy meds, noopept, and advil to be the best. Dexedrine is ok too. Listening to brainwave entertainment / binaural beats helps a bit too. I think at my peak, I refrained from ejacukating for a few months while listening to a certain very expensive subliminal audio product, I think I lasted maybe 2 months. I am starting to listen to it again because I've been getting urges and is totally messing up my life right now. I feel like a potato. Damn, it took me a solid 10 minutes to figure out that Brain Fog was the answer to the stupid registration question.

Anyway, I hope to find some answers here about treatment and other supplements to try. Thanks!
Indeed, our experiences or, rather, the way of understanding or assuming day-to-day problems, can lead us to suffer from what is currently known as chronic stress. It is true that maintaining a certain tension can be positive in trying to solve the everyday problems that we can all face, but our inability to deactivate this physiological response will cause the problems to appear soon. This involves the activation of two pathways that start from the brain: Hypothalamic-Pituitary-Adrenal Axis / Brain-Intestine Axis.

Chronic stress (caused by great tragedies or overloads maintained over time, including those of physical origin), can greatly influence our immune system, although the mechanisms are not entirely clear, they involve the activation of the hypothalamic-pituitary axis -adrenal. The main response of the brain to stress is the increase in the production of hormones (CRF) that travel from the hypothalamus to the pituitary gland where it induces the release of another hormone (ACTH) which, in turn travels through the bloodstream to the adrenal glands to release cortisol - and adrenaline -, which is a potent immune system suppressant and a precursor to inflammation.

This type of chronic stress could have disastrous effects on the body and brain. Chronic adrenaline and cortisol exposure could be related to cardiovascular diseases, visceral obesity, high blood pressure, cancer, immune system problems, diabetes, osteoporosis, deterioration of intestinal flora and increased intestinal permeability. Initially cortisol levels inhibit macrophage activation by blocking the production and action of inflammatory cytokines that initiate the immune response, something essential to "cut off" the inflammatory cascade that starts in response to an aggression, but an exposure Permanent high levels of cortisol could induce desensitization of these glucocorticoid receptors in immune cells by altering control over inflammation and increasing the production of inflammatory cytokines.

But it was for whatever reason, the increase of these pro-inflammatory molecules that reach the brain, could damage neurons, and may be behind a series of psychological disorders, as already said. Chronic stress also causes an increase in glutamate in the brain. Glutamate is a neurotransmitter that, in excess, is known to cause migraines, depression and anxiety. On the other hand, high cortisol levels chronically reduce the hippocampus (part of the brain responsible for the formation of new memories of the events experienced).