Author Topic: Got Cured  (Read 4305 times)

drop247

Re: Got Cured
« Reply #30 on: November 22, 2020, 05:10:54 PM »
What antibiotic did you use?

BoneBroth

« Reply #31 on: November 22, 2020, 05:54:56 PM »
I'm working hard on my gut with the help of a FODMAP-Therapist. I have been diagnosed with SIBO.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2020, 03:43:43 AM by BoneBroth »

lw

« Reply #32 on: November 29, 2020, 01:01:20 AM »
I didn't just take antibiotics - It would blow my gut. I was on heavy medication-filled diet, taking more than 15-types of pills. - Antibiotics, Probiotics, pills for protecting gut, liver,
Ferments, Bismuth subcitrate, esomeprazole etc.

For anxiety and depression which I suspect all of you guys have I would recommend:
Feeling Good: The New Mood Therapy: David D. Burns
https://www.amazon.com/Feeling-Good-New-Mood-Therapy/dp/0380810336

lw

« Reply #33 on: November 29, 2020, 11:13:33 AM »
I have one question for you guys.
Do you fart a lot?
I'm serious. IBS and gut anxiety is connected to farting. I felt IBS symptoms when by gut was filled with gas.

BoneBroth

« Reply #34 on: November 29, 2020, 03:15:43 PM »
:) Not alot, but the smell is really bad if I eat alot. I'm on a stage in my SIBO plan now where I supplement with probiotics. Are you bloating and does your belly sound like hollow if you clap it with your hands? Then there is probably air in the small intestine that does not get out. And the gas is produces by bad bacteria.

kid_

« Reply #35 on: December 30, 2020, 05:45:23 AM »
Hi there,

low fodmap seems to work for me too.

My background
22yo and pretty stressful last 10y at least with a gaslighting/bullying brother and high academic pressure. Physically speaking I was also long term sleep deprived. Similar to most I think POIS fully developed at least during puberty, with symptoms mainly cognitive (depression, anxiety, brain fog). Physically, periods of hair loss are well correlated with O's. Im balding with 22yo even though I am currently stress-free, work out and sleep pretty normally for the last couple months.
Unsuccessfully tried many supplements here on this forum, but only ginger made a big difference.

My theory
Someone here hit home describing POIS as O causing "tryptophan breakdown". While many here overthink the process down to a nuclear level, the main thing to understand is the following: tryptophan -> serotonin -> melatonin
Basically, my stress-damaged gut tolerates less stress (which O's are to some extent) and with every O tryptophan is not digested properly/destroyed in mythe gut. See these links:
http://www.balancedgrub.com/constipation-motility/slow-gut-and-unhappy-you
http://whole9life.com/2014/11/food-mood-fodmaps/

With missing tryptophan, serotonin and melatonin aren't produced properly leading to depression and sleep troubles. You also can't just take tryptophan supplements because it's broken down again/"eliminated" in your body with every O.
Why am I so sure of the theory and of this in general? Just take collagen. (Collagen is popular with "leaky gut" people even though the science behind it is lacking) Nevertheless, collagen is used in science to clinically simulate depression (its effect on the brain). How? Well, collagen/gelating causes tryptophan depletion(https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/15084421/). Having taken collagen once, the immediate effects/impact on my body/brain felt EXACTLY like POIS, like if I had just had an O (which I hadn't for 2 weeks though)... Got depressed, anxious and foggy again with bad sleep.

My FODMAP experience
After ginger, the gut-relation seemed pretty prominent so I started no/low FODMAP diet for 6 weeks (week 5 now) just for fun and the change is tremendous (with ups and downs though normally). I am doing a strict elimination diet basically just eating eggs, meat, fish, greens, carrots, and paprika (rarely ginger) disallowing for any other foods diluting the diets effects (nuts, fruit).

POIS is 99% gone  which is insane because no single suggested treatment on this forum apparently eliminated mental effects completely except for IBS-related treatments as far as I know. Additionally, my previous "clinical depression" is gone completely as well. And the best health indicator for physical effects: Hair loss, is also gone. This change got rid of my brain fog finally (even non-POIS related) and the overall adjustment is relatively minor (diet).

Hopeoneday

« Reply #36 on: December 30, 2020, 06:31:31 AM »
Intresting, keto diet is bad for me.
Dr-pois.

Mushnikk

« Reply #37 on: December 30, 2020, 09:10:15 AM »
Hi there,

My background
22yo and pretty stressful last 10y at least with a gaslighting/bullying brother and high academic pressure. Physically speaking I was also long term sleep deprived. Similar to most I think POIS fully developed at least during puberty, with symptoms mainly cognitive (depression, anxiety, brain fog). Physically, periods of hair loss are well correlated with O's. Im balding with 22yo even though I am currently stress-free, work out and sleep pretty normally for the last couple months.
Unsuccessfully tried many supplements here on this forum, but only ginger made a big difference.

My theory
Someone here hit home describing POIS as O causing "tryptophan breakdown". While many here overthink the process down to a nuclear level, the main thing to understand is the following: tryptophan -> serotonin -> melatonin
Basically, my stress-damaged gut tolerates less stress (which O's are to some extent) and with every O tryptophan is not digested properly/destroyed in mythe gut. See these links:

With missing tryptophan, serotonin and melatonin aren't produced properly leading to depression and sleep troubles. You also can't just take tryptophan supplements because it's broken down again/"eliminated" in your body with every O.
Why am I so sure of the theory and of this in general? Just take collagen. (Collagen is popular with "leaky gut" people even though the science behind it is lacking) Nevertheless, collagen is used in science to clinically simulate depression (its effect on the brain). How? Well, collagen/gelating causes tryptophan depletion(https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/15084421/). Having taken collagen once, the immediate effects/impact on my body/brain felt EXACTLY like POIS, like if I had just had an O (which I hadn't for 2 weeks though)... Got depressed, anxious and foggy again with bad sleep.

My FODMAP experience
After ginger, the gut-relation seemed pretty prominent so I started no/low FODMAP diet for 6 weeks (week 5 now) just for fun and the change is tremendous (with ups and downs though normally). I am doing a strict elimination diet basically just eating eggs, meat, fish, greens, carrots, and paprika (rarely ginger) disallowing for any other foods diluting the diets effects (nuts, fruit).

POIS is 99% gone  which is insane because no single suggested treatment on this forum apparently eliminated mental effects completely except for IBS-related treatments as far as I know. Additionally, my previous "clinical depression" is gone completely as well. And the best health indicator for physical effects: Hair loss, is also gone. This change got rid of my brain fog finally (even non-POIS related) and the overall adjustment is relatively minor (diet).

So, you basically are doing a low-carb-high-fat (ketogenic) diet?

Quantum

• Administrator
« Reply #38 on: December 30, 2020, 11:09:59 AM »
Hi there,

My background

My theory

My FODMAP experience

Hi Kid, thanks for sharing.  Let me know in a couple of months if you are still POIS-free ( or almost POIS-free), I would like to add your diet in the diet section of my chart of POIS Types ( at https://poiscenter.com/forums/index.php?topic=2338.msg19448#msg19448 ).  It would be interesting to underline that you had POIS-like symptoms when taking collagen, which could be a hint to predict if someone else could benefit or not from this diet.
You are 100% responsible for what you do with anything I post on this forum and of any consequence it could have for you.  Forum rule: ""Do not use POISCenter as a substitute for, or to give, medical advice" Read the remaining part at http://poiscenter.com/forums/index.php?topic=1.msg10259#msg10259

lw

« Reply #39 on: January 08, 2021, 04:21:10 PM »
I'm happy for you kid, good luck!

Another question, I'm deadly serious:
Did you guys worry about things in early years after you orgasmed? Like "I smell bad, I'm bad dirty wanker" etc. Did you suffer from humiliations?
I think there are connections.

You guys need to treat stress and anxiety and heal your gut. That worked for me

lw

« Reply #40 on: January 08, 2021, 04:21:43 PM »
Oh and also, Wim Hof works pretty well!

berlin1984

• Use Adaptogens and Antioxidants, they can help.
« Reply #41 on: January 08, 2021, 04:48:24 PM »

May I ask if you had bad physical symptoms (like bone pain when weaking up on next day, strong tiredness some hours later, ...) too?

If you go into re-introduction phase of FODMAP, can you pinpoint the problem to one of the specific letters of "FODMAP"?
Please vote on: https://poiscenter.com/forums/index.php?topic=3386.0
(There's real science behind it, not Astrology..)

My Protocol

drop247

« Reply #42 on: January 09, 2021, 12:00:28 AM »
I'm curious about what antibiotics you took, lw?

lw

« Reply #43 on: January 09, 2021, 11:02:27 AM »
Yes sir,
I was tired and in strong pain for 5 days streak. I spoke differently and I couldn't feel things. Life was just a dream, bad, grey dream and I know how you feel.

Now,
I'm strongly sure it's anxiety + bad bacterias that stored trauma in the gut.
You need to clean from bacteria and treat your mental health.

For me, before I started healing my gut different things worked:
Fenugreek as it increases testosterone and lowers cortisol.
Poetry and spirituality because it helps with stress.
Anti-Histamines because most of medicaments have additional pain-easer that relieves the pain.

I don't think there are that many kinds of POIS as I have seen in many threads. Most of them are stress+ anxiety + bad bacteria.
I did experience neck pain after orgasm and I think it's related to vagus nerve. That nerve was mostly excited because of bacterial imbalance.

I took many kinds of antibiotics, rifaximin didn't work for me. I think the best one was amoxicillin.
But it must be decided by doctor.

Don't stress, and check in with gastroenterologist .

lw

« Reply #44 on: January 13, 2021, 11:02:24 AM »
Cold shower and cold water onto stomach and genitals and neck might ease your symptoms.