Author Topic: POIS is not due to autologous semen allergy  (Read 10356 times)

demografx

• Administrator
  • All of us working together to defeat POIS!
Re: POIS is not due to autologous semen allergy
« Reply #20 on: March 30, 2019, 01:12:39 PM »
Great!
10 years of significant POIS-reduction, treatment consisting of daily (365 days/year) testosterone patches.

TRT must be checked out carefully with your doctor due to fertility, cardiac and other risks.

40+ years of severe 4-days-POIS, married, raised a family, started/ran a business

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #21 on: March 30, 2019, 01:24:46 PM »
Keep in mind that - - whatever we come up with - - it’s still the investigators’ decision whether or not to pursue auto-allergy.
10 years of significant POIS-reduction, treatment consisting of daily (365 days/year) testosterone patches.

TRT must be checked out carefully with your doctor due to fertility, cardiac and other risks.

40+ years of severe 4-days-POIS, married, raised a family, started/ran a business

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #22 on: March 30, 2019, 01:39:19 PM »
Keep in mind that - - whatever we come up with - - it’s still the investigators’ decision whether or not to pursue auto-allergy.
I just sent the above to Drs Tierney and Prause.

nanna1

« Reply #23 on: March 30, 2019, 06:59:14 PM »
Hey Demo and fernab,

I wrote a review article on POIS (see POIS literature review). It talks about some of the auto-allergy stuff that people have done as well as everything else. If you have anything to add/subtract or any question, I would love to hear it.
POIS clusters: 1,3,4,5,7
POIS criteria: 1,2,3,4,5
2 stacks that give me complete relief of POIS symptoms are listed here: POIS cure: theory & supplement stack
Find medical test: https://www.findlabtest.com/

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #24 on: March 30, 2019, 09:40:18 PM »

Thank you, nanna1!

That was very helpful!

Our investigators are reading this page :)

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #25 on: April 01, 2019, 02:38:44 PM »
From the NORD researchers (thank you fernab, nanna1, et al!)

We intend to test both models (the autoimmune and autonomic/endocrine/inflammation models) as rigorously as possible. We have included the auto-immune hypothesis as (a) it is currently one of the few models that has been formally proposed and documented in the research literature, and thus any reviewer of our research would want to know why we didn’t consider it, and (b) we see evidence of POIS patients (including some on the POISCenter forum) continuing to seek treatment for a perceived auto-allergy, so there are at least some members of the community who will benefit from additional research into the model. Both for the purposes of being systematic, and to show external reviewers (and any future funders we approach to continue the research), we need to test the “standard” model against anything new we propose.

Luckily, the means by which we are testing the auto-allergy model should add no additional burden to the participants (or the research funds) as we have constructed our study to test head-to-head our hypothesized model (the autonomic/endocrine/inflammatory model) against the “standard" hypothesis (i.e., the auto-allergy model). The same measures will be used in either case - if they go one way it will support our model, and if they go the other way it will support the auto-allergy model.

Cheers
Dr L

« Last Edit: April 01, 2019, 03:20:49 PM by demografx »

nanna1

« Reply #26 on: April 01, 2019, 08:25:33 PM »
Great! At this point, that seems like the reasonable next step to studying the POIS problem. That info from Dr L was very appreciated.
POIS clusters: 1,3,4,5,7
POIS criteria: 1,2,3,4,5
2 stacks that give me complete relief of POIS symptoms are listed here: POIS cure: theory & supplement stack
Find medical test: https://www.findlabtest.com/

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #27 on: April 01, 2019, 08:47:54 PM »
Thank you, nanna1, for your positive endorsement!

fernab

« Reply #28 on: April 02, 2019, 02:18:51 AM »
I think this will be a serious and rigorous way they will carry out without leaving any possible cause and at the same time, giving continuity to previous studies.

Sounds great. I agree with nanna1!

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #29 on: April 02, 2019, 03:00:27 PM »
And I agree with fernab :)

fernab, nice job coordinating the auto-allergy theory info for us!

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #30 on: April 04, 2019, 12:15:19 PM »
Great! At this point, that seems like the reasonable next step to studying the POIS problem. That info from Dr L was very appreciated.
I passed your comments on to the investigative team.

berlin1984

• Administrator
  • Use Adaptogens and Antioxidants, they can help.
« Reply #31 on: January 18, 2021, 02:38:00 PM »
   I was recently informed that there are still POIS papers discussing POIS as a semen allergy. So I wanted to [...]