Author Topic: Best drug/suplements for Nocturnal Emissions?  (Read 6596 times)

whateverestest

Best drug/suplements for Nocturnal Emissions?
« on: March 13, 2019, 05:24:48 PM »
I'm looking for some drug/suplement for Nocturnal Emissions. I have tried lucid dreaming in the past, and will try it now, but it doesn't seem to be 100% NE-proof.

Lately I've tried very low dose of an SSRI venlafaxine (37.5 mg - it's 1/4 of a low dose used for actual depression). So far it worked pretty well, but I think during the day I've started to feel side-effects of that drug, so I'm looking for an alternative.

What are your pharmaceutical solutions for NE? Some say ashwagandha works...

(I couldn't see such a topic so I'm making new one. Pleas correct me if there was currently one.)
p.s. pleas just don't tell me about eating habits, this might be a solution but not for me, not now... thanks in advance.

nanna1

Re: Best drug/suplements for Nocturnal Emissions?
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2019, 09:54:56 PM »
If you are only looking to reduce NE symptoms and nothing else, here are a few ideas:
https://poiscenter.com/forums/index.php?topic=2683.msg23775#msg23775

If you are looking for something to help with POIS, these two stacks independently relieve all my symptoms:
https://poiscenter.com/forums/index.php?topic=2502.msg21497#msg21497
Results may vary, but the instructions are specific for a reason. So read carefully. Also it's always good to consult your doctor, listen to your body and adjust the stack to your personal needs.

Cheers!  :)
POIS clusters: 1,3,4,5,7
POIS criteria: 1,2,3,4,5
2 stacks that give me complete relief of POIS symptoms are listed here: POIS cure: theory & supplement stack
Find medical test: https://www.findlabtest.com/

whateverestest

« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2019, 08:36:32 AM »
If you are only looking to reduce NE symptoms and nothing else, here are a few ideas:
https://poiscenter.com/forums/index.php?topic=2683.msg23775#msg23775

Cheers!  :)

did any of these work for you? what have you tested?

btw. why is this in "Ideas on Herpes Induced POIS" is this for this kind of POIS specially?
« Last Edit: March 14, 2019, 04:50:20 PM by whateverestest »

FernandoPOIS

• 40 year old. POIS Since I was 28. Dopamine heals.
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2019, 12:19:32 PM »
Sertraline 25 mg - half the minimum dose - few side effects and I believe it will work. I took this sertraline dose for 3 years and at that time I never had NE.
My POIS only happens with masturbation. Normal sex does not generate POIS symptoms. My POIS is related to me mood and the health of my cervical spine. Dopamine/Inflammation/Body constitution (genetics) are factors that contribute to POIS.

whateverestest

« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2019, 04:46:22 PM »
Damn. I have bad experiences with selective serotonine inhibitors... I know it will probably be good for NE, but on the other hand I think it takes part of my audacity, you know - the little 'asshole mode' that I find usefull and which I like in my personality.

There must be some other ways as well...

Nas

« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2019, 04:55:43 PM »
Damn. I have bad experiences with selective serotonine inhibitors... I know it will probably be good for NE, but on the other hand I think it takes part of my audacity, you know - the little 'asshole mode' that I find usefull and which I like in my personality.

I personally never have NE's because I make sure that I orgasm once a week. If you don't have physical symptoms you might be better doing this. 

whateverestest

« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2019, 05:18:30 PM »

I personally never have NE's because I make sure that I orgasm once a week. If you don't have physical symptoms you might be better doing this. 
My POIS lasts around 7-9 days now. So orgasming once a week would mean permanent POIS state, no thanks. I don't have physical symptoms, but the emotional are killing my social life. I trying to work it out on other ways as well but therapies takes years...
Finding something to get rid of NE to at least have opportuninty to control whether I orgasm would be a bliss.

nanna1

« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2019, 09:43:10 PM »
did any of these work for you? what have you tested?
Hi whateverestest,

I have tested all of them in various stacks. Here are two of them (post). I do not think that we can isolate one supplement and say that it works or does not work. For nocturnal emissions, the following stack gave me the best results for the least cost/price:

Taken before bedtime:
-vitamin D3 (2000 IU, sublingual)
-melatonin (20 mg, sublingual)
-vitamin B12 (>50mcg, sublingual)

This stack did not eliminate NE, but it did reduce the POIS symptoms quite drastically. However, I do not currently take a NE-only stack.
2 stacks that give me complete relief of POIS symptoms are listed here: POIS cure: theory & supplement stack

whateverestest

« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2019, 08:59:18 AM »
What symptoms did it reduce and how exactly. Pleas describe what you mean by drastically. Did it have to be taken everyday before sleep or just on the day that you expect NE?

If NE happens while on this stack, do I have to keep using it to remain the reduced symptoms?

whateverestest

« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2019, 05:55:43 PM »
Hi whateverestest,

I have tested all of them in various stacks. Here are two of them (post). I do not think that we can isolate one supplement and say that it works or does not work. For nocturnal emissions, the following stack gave me the best results for the least cost/price:

Taken before bedtime:
-vitamin D3 (2000 IU, sublingual)
-melatonin (20 mg, sublingual)
-vitamin B12 (>50mcg, sublingual)

This stack did not eliminate NE, but it did reduce the POIS symptoms quite drastically. However, I do not currently take a NE-only stack.

Do they all have to be sublingual? I see the liqids for B12 vitamin, but not for melatonin... D3 would be probably easy as it's sold in capsules.

Why haven't you included Niacin here can it be added as well? What do you think of it? Can I use ashwagandha with this stack? I use it normally for better sleep...

So I see you posted 2 "stacks" here... https://poiscenter.com/forums/index.php?topic=2683.msg23775#msg23775
One for preventing symptoms and one for actually reducing chance of getting NE.

I'm especially curious about the second one. Have you tried it or hear anyone trying it for NE? Either magnesium or beta-alanine? Any success or fail opinions?

Could you pleas tell me the approximate amount of magnesium/beta-alanine as well?

Thanks in advance, and thank you for your current feedback. Thanks!

nanna1

« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2019, 10:01:00 PM »
Do they all have to be sublingual? I see the liquids for B12 vitamin, but not for melatonin... D3 would be probably easy as it's sold in capsules.
Hi whateverestest,
   The sublingual B12 and melatonin are usually sold as dissoluble tablets. The vitamin D3 that I use comes as a spray that I spray under my tongue (post). You don't have to use a sublingual supplement, but many people (including myself) do not absorb supplements well through the stomach. I could get about 70 percent reduction of NE POIS symptoms if I only took these 3 supplements.

Why haven't you included Niacin here can it be added as well? What do you think of it? Can I use ashwagandha with this stack? I use it normally for better sleep...
You can add niacin and/or ashwagandha.

So I see you posted 2 "stacks" here... https://poiscenter.com/forums/index.php?topic=2683.msg23775#msg23775
One for preventing symptoms and one for actually reducing chance of getting NE.

I'm especially curious about the second one. Have you tried it or hear anyone trying it for NE? Either magnesium or beta-alanine? Any success or fail opinions?
  This probably deserves some background information: Neurons have on and off states. When a neuron is on, neurotransmitters like catecholamines (dopamine, adrenaline, etc...) and acetylcholine can send signals by binding to their receptors. But when a neuron is turned off, the neuron becomes unresponsive to neurotransmitters even when those neurotransmitters bind to the receptor.

The on state of a neuron is controlled by the NMDA and other glutamate receptors. When glutamate and glycine stimulate the NMDA receptor, then a neurotransmitter like dopamine can stimulate the D2-dopamine receptor (signaling sexual pleasure). Or a neurotransmitter like norepinephrine can stimulate the alpha1-adrenergic receptor (signaling ejaculation).

The off state of a neuron is controlled by the glycine and GABA receptors. When GABA stimulates the GABA receptors, then a neurotransmitter like dopamine cannot stimulate the D2-dopamine receptor and norepinephrine is prevented from stimulating the alpha1-adrenergic receptor. So GABA prevents the signals of sexual pleasure and ejaculation.

The idea behind taking magnesium threonate and beta-alanine is to block the NMDA receptor with magnesium and stimulate the GABA and glycine receptors with beta-alanine. In principal, this would turn off neurons involved with sexual arousal and prevent wet dreams. I can say that magnesium threonate and beta-alanine reduce libido and make me sleepy. But I have not done enough testing to know if they are any good for NE. I do not know if anybody has used these supplements for NE. I mainly take beta-alanine with my pre-workout exercise shake. POIS from NE is not a problem for me right now.

Could you pleas tell me the approximate amount of magnesium/beta-alanine as well?
Sorry, I do not know what dose or how much would be best. This task might be a question for others in the POIS community.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2019, 10:10:03 PM by nanna1 »

whateverestest

« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2019, 06:27:26 PM »

Thanks for your input into the forum.

Do you know - can any of the things you suggested like Niacin, Vitamin D, Melatonine, D12 decrease libido also at a day time?
Does L-arginine taken for trenings also decreases your libido at the day-time?

I would rather remain "in my norm" during the day, not totally off.

demografx

• Administrator
  • All of us working together to defeat POIS!
« Reply #12 on: March 18, 2019, 07:48:41 PM »
whateverestest, this forum doesn’t offer or promote one-on-one personal medical advice. That is strictly between you and your personal health practitioner or doctor.

However, you can find excellent generalized information that might apply in your own case. We are all different.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2019, 07:51:37 PM by demografx »
10 years of significant POIS-reduction, treatment consisting of daily (365 days/year) testosterone patches.

TRT must be checked out carefully with your doctor due to fertility, cardiac and other risks.

40+ years of severe 4-days-POIS, married, raised a family, started/ran a business

whateverestest

« Reply #13 on: March 19, 2019, 01:46:32 PM »
I have a practitioner and doctor, I'm relying on posts here only as  a form of backup.

demografx

• Administrator
  • All of us working together to defeat POIS!
« Reply #14 on: March 19, 2019, 05:37:08 PM »
Very good. Thank you!
10 years of significant POIS-reduction, treatment consisting of daily (365 days/year) testosterone patches.

TRT must be checked out carefully with your doctor due to fertility, cardiac and other risks.

40+ years of severe 4-days-POIS, married, raised a family, started/ran a business

VSmasher

• Kratom helps my POIS
Herb to stop Nocturnal Emissions..
« Reply #15 on: July 11, 2021, 06:21:48 PM »
The antioxidant compounds isolated from the fruits of chinese wild raspberry Rubus Chingii Hu

Yangqing He 1, Shanshan Jin 1, Zhanying Ma 2, Jie Zhao 1, Qian Yang 1, Qian Zhang 1, Yingjuan Zhao 1, Binghua Yao 1

Affiliations expand

PMID: 30345814 DOI: 10.1080/14786419.2018.1504046

Full text linksCite

Abstract

Raspberry, the fruit of Rubus Chingji Hu, is a widely distributed economic staple food in China. It has long been used as a traditional medicine in mainland China to treat kidney enuresis, nocturnal emission and premature ejaculation in clinic. In this paper, six known compounds (1 - 6) were purified from the fruits of Rubus chingji. Their structures were elucidated as (16?)-16,17-dihydroxy-ent-kauran-2-one17-O-?-D-glucopyranoside (1), (16R) -16,17-dihydroxy-ent-kaurane-2-one (2), 3,3'-di-O-methylellagic acid 4-(5''-acetyl)-?-L-arabinofuranoside (3), quercilicoside A (4), esculetine (5) and ethyl-?-D-glucoside (6). All the compounds were isolated from Rubus Chingji Hu for the first time. Compounds 3 and 5 shown distinctive free radical scavenging activities in DPPH and FRAP assays. In addition, no cytotoxicity was observed for compounds 3 and 5 against different cancer cells, suggesting that they might be useful as potential antioxidant agents against various reactive oxygen species.[Formula: see text].

Anyone ever try this? I ordered some from Amazon. I'll let you know if it works..
« Last Edit: July 11, 2021, 06:28:14 PM by VSmasher »
My POIS Symptoms:  Brain Fog, frustration, stuffed nose, anger, anxiety, intense hunger, low self esteem, swollen face, and feel zoned out.

Cursed

« Reply #16 on: July 18, 2021, 03:00:15 PM »
I think taurine might be what you're looking for. It has some GABAergic properties I believe. 1000mg twice a day is what I take.

VSmasher

• Kratom helps my POIS
« Reply #17 on: August 04, 2021, 03:55:01 PM »
Also, a 50mg dose of kanna extract about an hour before bed also blocks Nocs.
My POIS Symptoms:  Brain Fog, frustration, stuffed nose, anger, anxiety, intense hunger, low self esteem, swollen face, and feel zoned out.