Author Topic: What's the point of living like this...  (Read 5936 times)

IWontGiveUp

What's the point of living like this...
« on: March 09, 2019, 12:00:37 PM »
I am struggling to find a reason to stay alive or any purpose in life.

I've got fatigue and social anxiety in and out of POIS and 0 energy even tho I am 17 yrs old. I make everyone uncomfortable and cant keep friends at all, lost mostly all friends from before I had POIS. Can't study well because of brain fog.

I will probably fail college and be forced to do a 9-5 job that I will hate and all my co workers will hate me (already had a similiar experience during summer job). Ill come home too fatigued to even think about enjoying my free time and I'll just be depressed for the rest of my life, will never have a girlfriend and my family will be disgusted by me.

What is the fucking point?

Nas

Re: What's the point of living like this...
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2019, 12:21:16 PM »
Yeah it sucks, life is almost unlivable in this condition. I kind of evolved methods to adapt but I don't think it's sustainable. The only reason I'm still going on is because of this tiny hope that I can use the resources I have access to for now. I have tiny hope that the cognitive issues can be preventable because auto-immune/allergy does not usually lead to dementia like symptoms without at least direct immune attack on the brain, and since MRI does not show signs of swelling it seems the evidence points to bad neurotransmission. If I can pinpoint where this bad neurotransmission is located at I can target it. The problem is that I'm yet to find it. I hope people in this community focus on this part because I think it's the most self-destructing part of POIS.

IWontGiveUp

« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2019, 01:13:56 PM »
You mean bad cognitive symptoms?

Nas

« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2019, 01:28:14 PM »
You mean bad cognitive symptoms?
Bad Neurotrasnmission = Cognitive symptoms. Yes.

Iwillbeatthis

« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2019, 01:49:08 PM »
Listen you can carry on complaining for the rest of your life and end up wasting it. Or you can have a positive outlook on things and try and make something of your life. Try out as many of the treatments on this forum until you find something that works. Try and avoid masturbation as much as possible, are you really gonna mess up your life for a few seconds of pleasure. Exercise, change your diet and eat less carbs, meditate, do yoga all these things can help lower pois symptoms and improve the quality of your life.

I know I'm being harsh but just see POIS as a blessing and not a curse it will make you stronger as a person. And I know you're young and this might seem like the end of the world for you right now but trust me its not. You have so much time ahead of you... Try out the things I suggested if you want to live a better life.

demografx

• Administrator
  • All of us working together to defeat POIS!
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2019, 02:09:43 PM »
Listen you can carry on complaining for the rest of your life and end up wasting it. Or you can have a positive outlook on things and try and make something of your life. Try out as many of the treatments on this forum until you find something that works. Try and avoid masturbation as much as possible, are you really gonna mess up your life for a few seconds of pleasure. Exercise, change your diet and eat less carbs, meditate, do yoga all these things can help lower pois symptoms and improve the quality of your life.

I know I'm being harsh but just see POIS as a blessing and not a curse it will make you stronger as a person. And I know you're young and this might seem like the end of the world for you right now but trust me its not. You have so much time ahead of you... Try out the things I suggested if you want to live a better life.

Worth repeating.

Great post, IWBT.
10 years of significant POIS-reduction, treatment consisting of daily (365 days/year) testosterone patches.

TRT must be checked out carefully with your doctor due to fertility, cardiac and other risks.

40+ years of severe 4-days-POIS, married, raised a family, started/ran a business

Quantum

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2019, 04:06:06 PM »

I've got fatigue and social anxiety in and out of POIS and 0 energy even tho I am 17 yrs old. I make everyone uncomfortable and cant keep friends at all, lost mostly all friends from before I had POIS. Can't study well because of brain fog.

I will probably fail college and be forced to do a 9-5 job that I will hate and all my co workers will hate me (already had a similiar experience during summer job). Ill come home too fatigued to even think about enjoying my free time and I'll just be depressed for the rest of my life, will never have a girlfriend and my family will be disgusted by me.

The point is, you have to do your best to take up the POIS challenge.

What did you try so far, in the POIS Types Chart  ?

For how long are you able to abstain, and do you feel better when you do ?

You are 100% responsible for what you do with anything I post on this forum and of any consequence it could have for you.  Forum rule: ""Do not use POISCenter as a substitute for, or to give, medical advice" Read the remaining part at http://poiscenter.com/forums/index.php?topic=1.msg10259#msg10259

IWontGiveUp

« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2019, 04:49:28 PM »

I tried out NSAID and antihistamines and it didnt help. Next on my list is niacin.
Also started supplementing with vit D3 about a week ago 4000IU per day.

I can abstain for around 10+ days and then comes the NE. But sometimes I just get these massive urges like today for example where I am so horny and just give in even though it is day 4.

My anxiety and fatigue don't really improve much while abstaining tho, my irritability,guilt,self-esteem do.

I wanna try and maintain an Orgasm once every week with a treatment that works (hoping niacin does) to have a more stable lifestyle, but I feel like Im always gonna have slip ups.

Wolf berry

« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2019, 05:32:33 PM »

Worth repeating.

Great post, IWBT.

All POIS Suffered have Creative and Intelligence brain but the fight and flight response after ejaculation make us fool LOL!!!

Quantum

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2019, 06:35:13 PM »

I tried out NSAID and antihistamines and it didnt help. Next on my list is niacin.
Also started supplementing with vit D3 about a week ago 4000IU per day.

I can abstain for around 10+ days and then comes the NE. But sometimes I just get these massive urges like today for example where I am so horny and just give in even though it is day 4.

My anxiety and fatigue don't really improve much while abstaining tho, my irritability,guilt,self-esteem do.

I wanna try and maintain an Orgasm once every week with a treatment that works (hoping niacin does) to have a more stable lifestyle, but I feel like Im always gonna have slip ups.

Niacin is a good one to try.  Let us know the results you get.

Also, try to reduce sugar and junk food, and eat healthier food, that helps a lot too.

If you still have anxiety and fatigue even when not in POIS "attack", you may have also a anxiety disorder in addition to having POIS ( it may have been caused by POIS itself or by the same cause that triggered POIS ).   Maybe some behavioral or cognitive therapy for the relief of anxiety would help as well for your general well-being. There are tons of tips about anxiety reduction, on the internet -  see here .   

You could also try to take some magnesium daily, it usually helps to reduce anxiety in a natural and safe manner ( it did for me, though).  Living with a high level of anxiety, all the time, is very, very hard, I can testify, I have been living with a very high level of anxiety for decades.  But,  you can slowly lower you baseline anxiety. I did, to the point I have no more anxiety.  But it will not happen overnight, it will get better with each new good decision you make and each good new habit you take.

Hang on, IWBT !

You are 100% responsible for what you do with anything I post on this forum and of any consequence it could have for you.  Forum rule: ""Do not use POISCenter as a substitute for, or to give, medical advice" Read the remaining part at http://poiscenter.com/forums/index.php?topic=1.msg10259#msg10259

IWontGiveUp

« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2019, 05:46:22 AM »

Worth repeating.

Great post, IWBT.

All POIS Suffered have Creative and Intelligence brain but the fight and flight response after ejaculation make us fool LOL!!!

Yea I used to do pretty good in school just cause I would actually learn a lot in class while listening, and also Id read my book assignements and do my homework. I feel like I actually enjoyed reading to some degree.

Now I cant get myself to read a book at all cause of brain fog and OCD thoughts.

Muon

• MCAD Thread
« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2019, 08:58:36 AM »
I know I'm being harsh but just see POIS as a blessing and not a curse it will make you stronger as a person.
What a ridiculous comment.

Nas

« Reply #12 on: March 10, 2019, 09:25:07 AM »
I know I'm being harsh but just see POIS as a blessing and not a curse it will make you stronger as a person.
What a ridiculous comment.
I didn't want to say it, but now that you said it, yeah, POIS is definitely nowhere near a blessing.
Maybe we should tone down the optimism, POIS is a debilitating issue and it shouldn't be treated from a positive perspective. 

Nas

« Reply #13 on: March 10, 2019, 09:29:26 AM »
Yea I used to do pretty good in school just cause I would actually learn a lot in class while listening, and also Id read my book assignements and do my homework. I feel like I actually enjoyed reading to some degree.

Now I cant get myself to read a book at all cause of brain fog and OCD thoughts.
pure OCD is such a pain. I've learnt to deal with them to a degree but good god do they drive you to some really dark thoughts. Probably because of depletion in serotonin if I had to guess. 

Iwillbeatthis

« Reply #14 on: March 10, 2019, 11:11:55 AM »
Yes of course POIS is unfortunate but what I meant by that statement is that there is no point endlessly complaining and being negative about it. It will make us stronger as in we have to go through all these horrible symptoms on a frequent basis and when we do find our cures we will be immensely grateful for normal life that everyone else takes for granted.

Yes maybe some people now think I'm a weird shy autistic freak but I've learnt not to give a crap and get on with my life.

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #15 on: March 10, 2019, 12:38:03 PM »
...there is no point endlessly complaining and being negative...
Yes! 100% agreed.

10 years of significant POIS-reduction, treatment consisting of daily (365 days/year) testosterone patches.

TRT must be checked out carefully with your doctor due to fertility, cardiac and other risks.

40+ years of severe 4-days-POIS, married, raised a family, started/ran a business

IWontGiveUp

« Reply #16 on: March 10, 2019, 12:53:49 PM »
Yes of course POIS is unfortunate but what I meant by that statement is that there is no point endlessly complaining and being negative about it. It will make us stronger as in we have to go through all these horrible symptoms on a frequent basis and when we do find our cures we will be immensely grateful for normal life that everyone else takes for granted.

Yes maybe some people now think I'm a weird shy autistic freak but I've learnt not to give a crap and get on with my life.

What other people think doesn't really bother me either at this point, you could say I aquired an IDGAF attidue but what bothers me is that I can't enjoy my free time with this sickness or pursue my passion/goals. Also never at ease since in the back of my mind I always know Ive got POIS.

I can't remember when was the last time I was carefree and had a legitimately good time out with friends or during any other activity.

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: March 10, 2019, 01:13:58 PM »
What other people think doesn't really bother me either at this point, you could say I aquired an IDGAF attidue but what bothers me is that I can't enjoy my free time with this sickness or pursue my passion/goals. Also never at ease since in the back of my mind I always know Ive got POIS.

I can't remember when was the last time I was carefree and had a legitimately good time out with friends or during any other activity.
Very well expressed IDGAF attitude. I struggle just like you with, “I know what’s just around the corner [POIS!] :(
« Last Edit: March 10, 2019, 01:18:18 PM by demografx »

Hopeoneday

« Reply #18 on: March 10, 2019, 03:02:57 PM »

IWGP.
Well, you can read the answer on your nick name!

Take a look at pois from different angle, you are only 17.
You found that you hawe a pois early enough and in wright
time, because of this you have enormous advantage.

You have a lot of info about pois now(you can help yourself).

For exemple, from my 17, a spend 15 years on typing in google
sick after sex, and found nothing!
In that time name pois it didn,t exist att all.

I can write books, make movies from what i have all
survived in pois life.

« Last Edit: March 11, 2019, 04:54:08 AM by Hopeoneday »
Dr-pois.

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #19 on: March 10, 2019, 07:21:24 PM »

HOD
What
Is
IWGP?