Post Orgasmic Illness Syndrome (P.O.I.S.)
Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 21, 2019, 12:09:16 PM

:    
NEW !!!
2019 POIS Survey from Tulane Team !
#####   Click here for the link !   #####
By filling it out, you are helping POIS research,
so you are helping yourself too !
Please take a few minutes to fill it !!!
26493 2021 867
: Faguera
+  Post Orgasmic Illness Syndrome (P.O.I.S.)
|-+  POIS Cause/Treatment Discussions
| |-+  Hormonal Causes and Treatments
| | |-+  Medical ways to reduce cortisol?
« previous next »
: 1 [2]
: Medical ways to reduce cortisol?  ( 921 )
BoneBroth
: 89

« #15 : July 19, 2019, 03:02:12 PM »

The cortisol issue is very tricky. Cortisol is needed to combat the POIS induced inflammation, but healthy adrenals never secrete cortisol by itself. Hight cortisol without protective hormones can cause symptoms that many people are having here (me included). However, cortisol is not really the bad guy - without it the POIS situation might be even worse, the inflammation could last longer. So whats the problem? I can think of three:

1. Due to frequent POIS/cortisol secretion cortisol receptors are over stimulated (cortisol don't work! inflammation lasts longer, more free cortisol are beeing produced).
2. Too low cortisol production due to worn out adrenals could make inflammation last longer.
3. Because of the "Prenelone steal" (google it) not enought other balancing hormones are produced. According to Nanna1's "Egyptian engineer - Published Case Study (2016)" the cortisol was hight 11,2 (reference values 2-15) and DHEA was low 86 (reference 80-560). Testosterone was low as well 4,11 (reference 2,4-8,3). According to Dr Thierry Hertoghe when the adrenals secrete cortisol they are also secreting DHEA and other balancing hormones in equal amounts to balance cortisols negative effects. Due to frequent POIS periods prednelone is beeing "stealed" to make cortisol instead of making DHEA, testosterone and other protecting hormones. Cortisol wreak havoc by itself! And that can explain why some people get better by eating eggs - the raw materials (cholesterol) for making prednelone. And when people got better from meditation, it might be because meditation heals the adrenals so they can secrete DHEA and protective hormones again. The cortisol levels remains the same, it has to to combat the inflammation.

« : July 19, 2019, 03:06:26 PM BoneBroth »

Frequency analysis techniques (like QRMA) has been invaluable in the evaluation of my body's condition and treatment. It's freaking Star Trek man! Make a test and put your results here if If you can!
Investigator
: 45

« #16 : September 09, 2019, 02:55:43 AM »

What do you think of the statement below, would you describe it as making sense based on your understanding? Do you think it's accurate?

"After ejaculation, cortisol in normal people goes up, while for us POISers, it goes DOWN."

Please let me know, I really want to understand if this is true or not in order to evaluate if a hypothesis I have now is plausible.

Cortisol changes dynamically throughout the day. I've measured mine in the morning once and it was within normal range; the question is how it changes with ejaculation. I read here posts by people who want to reduce their cortisol - but couldn't it be that the problem is that for us it actually goes down with ejaculation rather than up?
BoneBroth
: 89

« #17 : September 13, 2019, 08:52:40 AM »

Perhaps some more clues here: https://trmorrisnd.com/2017/03/15/adrenal-fatigue/
I strongly believe that we should look mor einto the interaction between cortisol and other hormones like aldosterone, testosterone and prolactin (prolactin is excreted in higher levels upon orgasm).

Frequency analysis techniques (like QRMA) has been invaluable in the evaluation of my body's condition and treatment. It's freaking Star Trek man! Make a test and put your results here if If you can!
: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
: