Post Orgasmic Illness Syndrome (P.O.I.S.)
Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 21, 2019, 01:01:37 PM

:    
NEW !!!
2019 POIS Survey from Tulane Team !
#####   Click here for the link !   #####
By filling it out, you are helping POIS research,
so you are helping yourself too !
Please take a few minutes to fill it !!!
26495 2021 867
: Faguera
+  Post Orgasmic Illness Syndrome (P.O.I.S.)
|-+  POIS Cause/Treatment Discussions
| |-+  Hormonal Causes and Treatments
| | |-+  Neuroendocrine responses to arousal and orgasm
« previous next »
: 1 [2]
: Neuroendocrine responses to arousal and orgasm  ( 1780 )
david
: 57

« #15 : February 09, 2019, 09:25:23 AM »

that is why i tried cabergolin 3 years ago and now i'm constantly on it
prolactin is the anti libido definitely
so keep your prolactin at lower reference
me personally can feel it very sharp
if my prolactin more then 250 i feel like crap especially after big O
if my prolactin is less then 80 i feel much better, much stable and can have several big O a day

and i totally agree that there is a dophamine depletion after big O for sure and i guess not only dopa very much probably some more substances depleted including hormones
and its not so easy to restore them
so far i tried L-tyrosin, DMAE, N-acetyl-tyrosin, noopept no luck :(
but i tried sulbutiamin recently and it gave me a good energy and mood boost
« : February 09, 2019, 09:36:34 AM david »

current protocol: 24mg test. cypionate subQ every day, Cabergoline 0.125mg every 5 days, Alcar 2 grams per day, NALT 0.6 gram per day sulbutiamine 2*200 every day highly potent vitamins each day = no pois at all and in addition now have quite decent motivation
Nas
: 878

« #16 : February 09, 2019, 10:17:53 AM »

and i totally agree that there is a dophamine depletion after big O for sure and i guess not only dopa very much probably some more substances depleted including hormones
and its not so easy to restore them
so far i tried L-tyrosin, DMAE, N-acetyl-tyrosin, noopept no luck :(
but i tried sulbutiamin recently and it gave me a good energy and mood boost
Maybe taking both L-Tyrosin and Sulbutaimine or anyother vitamine B like Niacin or Folate might help? Maybe you have an issue with L-Tyrosin metabolism.
« : February 10, 2019, 08:47:08 AM Nas »
Wolf berry
: 49

Should try Chinese wolf berry it cured my POIS

« #17 : February 09, 2019, 08:21:17 PM »

this forum isn?t  a medical forum. Are you a doctor??
demografx
Administrator
: 4330

« #18 : February 09, 2019, 11:47:18 PM »

Wolf berry makes a point: we all need to be more careful about recommending any form of treatment here, from POISer to POISer.

10 years of major POIS-reduction, treatment consisting of daily (365 days/year) testosterone patches.

TRT must be checked out carefully with your doctor due to fertility, cardiac and other risks associated with it.

40+ years of severe 4-days-POIS, married, raised a family, started/ran a business.
Nas

« #19 : February 10, 2019, 08:47:33 AM »

Wolf berry makes a point: we all need to be more careful about recommending any form of treatment here, from POISer to POISer.
Just re-worded my reply, sorry.
demografx
Administrator
: 4330

« #20 : February 10, 2019, 09:26:51 PM »

Many thanks, Nas! Hopefully, others will follow suit.
Best,
Demo

10 years of major POIS-reduction, treatment consisting of daily (365 days/year) testosterone patches.

TRT must be checked out carefully with your doctor due to fertility, cardiac and other risks associated with it.

40+ years of severe 4-days-POIS, married, raised a family, started/ran a business.
romies
: 72

« #21 : February 27, 2019, 11:18:29 PM »

I wonder if I take an L-Dopa supplement, will that also increase Norepinephrine and Epinephrine levels, since the former are made from dopamine?

direct supplement with L-DOPA is bad. one of its metabolite in blood shuts down tyrosine transport through BBB, and causing paradoxically low dopamine level in CNS over longer terms.

That's why Parkinson patients have to increasing their L-DOPA dosage very quickly and the whole thing stops working after 1 year or two. 
Nas

« #22 : February 28, 2019, 12:39:45 AM »

I wonder if I take an L-Dopa supplement, will that also increase Norepinephrine and Epinephrine levels, since the former are made from dopamine?

direct supplement with L-DOPA is bad. one of its metabolite in blood shuts down tyrosine transport through BBB, and causing paradoxically low dopamine level in CNS over longer terms.

That's why Parkinson patients have to increasing their L-DOPA dosage very quickly and the whole thing stops working after 1 year or two.
Is it direct if I take Mucuna Pruriens 20% L-Dopa?
: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
: