Do you sweat a lot?

Yes but only in POIS
6 (20.7%)
Yes also outside of POIS
8 (27.6%)
No
15 (51.7%)

Total Members Voted: 29

Author Topic: Poll! Do you sweat a lot?  (Read 2864 times)

Vandemolen

Poll! Do you sweat a lot?
« on: January 18, 2019, 10:05:55 AM »
I know sweating is mentioned in other topics. But I am curious about the numbers. Is sweating a problem for most POIS patients or only a few? I am also curious if you sweat only after POIS or all the time? I started sweating from my armpits almost 3 years ago. Two years ago I started with a botox treatment. Three to four times a year I got injections. But since a year I also starting sweating on the back. Maybe it is compensation sweating caused by the botox treatment. It is is not possible to have botox injections on the back. That is why I bought the Hidrex machine. I have to use it daily for two weeks. And after that once a week. It is a machine with pulse electric little shocks. I sweat also out of POIS. Not only during the summer. My weight could be 5 kg less, but I am not fat. So that is not the reason. I also do not have diabetes. Maybe it is because I have low testosterone? Or because of POIS? I do not know.
POIS since 2000. Very bad since 2008. I knew that I have POIS since June 2010. Desensitization since March 2011. I stopped with desens in July 2016. I have 50% less POIS. And only 1 day of POIS. Purified CBD works for me, but I am allergic for CBD.

BoneBroth

Re: Poll! Do you sweat a lot?
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2019, 03:11:00 AM »
one possible cause
adrenan insuficiency - low cortisol response on pois -- cortisol is replaced by adrenailne - adrenaline causes excess sweat

POIS GF

« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2019, 04:18:08 AM »
My partner does but only when in POIS to the point the sheets get wet

Muon

• MCAD Thread
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2019, 03:28:51 PM »
I'm missing hypohydrosis on this list.

berlin1984

• Administrator
  • Use Adaptogens and Antioxidants, they can help.
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2020, 02:19:40 PM »
I wonder if the subset of POISers that have the dehydration and electrolyte issues is the same as the one that sweats.