Author Topic: Problems with self-esteem  (Read 239 times)

special123

Problems with self-esteem
« on: June 14, 2019, 08:48:11 PM »
So the title of this post might be a little weird, but the question is valid. Does anyone else struggle with low self-esteem during a POIS cycle? Normally my self-esteem is fine, I am a confident guy, enjoying life, but during pois cycle I become timid, anxious, and appear to others as if I have very low self-esteem....anyone else with the same problems? This is one of the worst parts of a cycle for me...for 2 or 3 days i act like a coward sometimes.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2019, 10:37:55 PM by special123 »

certainlypois2

• Global Moderator
Re: Problems with self-esteem
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2019, 10:11:49 PM »
So the title of this post might be a little weird, but the question is valid. Does anyone else struggle with low self-esteem during a POIS cycle? Normally my self-esteem is fine, I am a confident guy, enjoying life, but during pois cycle I become timid, anxious, and appear to others as if I have very low self-esteem....anyone else with the same problems?
Welcome to the party. 

Nas

« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2019, 07:14:58 AM »
So the title of this post might be a little weird, but the question is valid. Does anyone else struggle with low self-esteem during a POIS cycle? Normally my self-esteem is fine, I am a confident guy, enjoying life, but during pois cycle I become timid, anxious, and appear to others as if I have very low self-esteem....anyone else with the same problems? This is one of the worst parts of a cycle for me...for 2 or 3 days i act like a coward sometimes.

These symptoms are a staple of POIS. People associate POIS with flu like symptoms but I argue POIS is more characterized by neuropsychological symptoms, often unnoticeable by doctors.

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2019, 10:26:43 AM »
10 years of major POIS-reduction, treatment consisting of daily (365 days/year) testosterone patches.

TRT must be checked out carefully with your doctor due to fertility, cardiac and other risks associated with it.

40+ years of severe 4-days-POIS, married, raised a family, started/ran a business.

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2019, 04:45:49 PM »

People associate POIS with flu like symptoms but I argue POIS is more characterized by neuropsychological symptoms, often unnoticeable by doctors.

I have never been happy with the “flulike” description of POIS.

I think it came about from Dr Waldinger’s first finding with only 2 patients, and a subsequent publicity effort that really caught on with mass media, TV, newspapers, magazines.

It made POIS “easy-to-understand” for the general public.

We’re now finally ready for a new public perception!
10 years of major POIS-reduction, treatment consisting of daily (365 days/year) testosterone patches.

TRT must be checked out carefully with your doctor due to fertility, cardiac and other risks associated with it.

40+ years of severe 4-days-POIS, married, raised a family, started/ran a business.

b_jim

« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2019, 02:46:21 AM »
You can"t have self-esteem problems : if you have Pois, you are a hero !  8)

Seriously it's a typical and common symptom of Pois, a mini-depression episode I think.
Taurine = Anti-Pois

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2019, 01:24:38 PM »

You can"t have self-esteem problems : if you have Pois, you are a hero !  8)

True!

special123

« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2019, 03:31:42 PM »
Thanks all for your replies!