Author Topic: Is POIS associated with an Autonomic Nervous System Dysfunction?  (Read 2017 times)

hurray

• Lab1
Re: Is POIS associated with an Autonomic Nervous System Dysfunction?
« Reply #15 on: September 06, 2020, 09:00:33 AM »

Then usually in the next morning after orgasm I feel bad/mood unstable/painetc. The fatigue (desire to lie down, cannot stand) hits me like a train wreck usually like only 20h later. Is it because then this is no Norepinephrine anymore?

20 hours seems like quite a long time - do you have other POIS symptoms before then? My brain fog symptoms usually start in less than an hour.

You mentioned timing to me before - going from experience, if I am able to avoid POIS immediately following an O, I won't have any problems in the following days. Do you sometimes feel OK up until the 20 hour point, and then feel terrible?

Iwillbeatthis

« Reply #16 on: September 06, 2020, 10:53:34 AM »

Then usually in the next morning after orgasm I feel bad/mood unstable/painetc. The fatigue (desire to lie down, cannot stand) hits me like a train wreck usually like only 20h later. Is it because then this is no Norepinephrine anymore?

20 hours seems like quite a long time - do you have other POIS symptoms before then? My brain fog symptoms usually start in less than an hour.

You mentioned timing to me before - going from experience, if I am able to avoid POIS immediately following an O, I won't have any problems in the following days. Do you sometimes feel OK up until the 20 hour point, and then feel terrible?

I also have delayed POIS sometimes it can be good that night then the next day hits me like a ton of bricks, however I do have times also where I get it around one hour after

Iwillbeatthis

« Reply #17 on: September 06, 2020, 10:54:36 AM »
Berlin and Hurray checkout my post on the Nemechek protocol I really think it  can fix autonomic dysfunction forever.

berlin1984

• Use Adaptogens and Antioxidants, they can help.
« Reply #18 on: September 06, 2020, 11:58:54 AM »

Sorry, made this post to clear it up. I have other symptoms and I can manage/workaround a lot of them.

Please vote on: https://poiscenter.com/forums/index.php?topic=3386.0
(There's real science behind it, not Astrology..)

My Protocol

OpiesDad

« Reply #19 on: September 09, 2020, 06:34:04 PM »
I am not sophisticated enough to comment intelligently, but I will say that far and away I have seen the most obvious POIS reduction by using high-ish doses of propranolol (60g XR x 2/3 daily).  It's been part of my every day regimen for 6 months and it's done a great deal of good for me.

Muon

• MCAD Thread
« Reply #20 on: September 21, 2020, 04:18:38 PM »
Prolonged static postures is worse than moving around.
I also can't tolerate long standing, with increased sweating and so on, speaking for a overactive sympathetic system during POIS.

Muon

• MCAD Thread
« Reply #21 on: October 09, 2020, 11:42:26 AM »
Anatomy and Physiology of Erection, Ejaculation, and Orgasm

"While these are similar between genders, in men there is additional activation in the periaqueductal gray matter."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Periaqueductal_gray

"The periaqueductal gray (PAG, also known as the central gray) is a nucleus that plays a critical role in autonomic function"

EnriqueM075

« Reply #22 on: October 10, 2020, 04:06:23 PM »

How does that lead to cognitive and flu like symptoms though?

Hi. Excuse my opinion, I am new to this disease and in the forum, in a post I commented on my story. I do not know if it will have to do but I took clonazepam for 13 years and abruptly stopped it, which caused me withdrawal and later anxiety, this weakened my immune system in such a way that I got the flu, my ears and eyes became infected at the same time And my throat gave me a kind of horrible stomach flu that lasted two days, I had vomiting, diarrhea, weakness, and another day my neck tightened in a way that I could not even move, specifically the sternocleidomastoid. I don't know if all this is related, it has to do with the nervous system

Muon

• MCAD Thread
« Reply #24 on: October 20, 2020, 08:34:03 AM »
Dysautonomia International Conference 2020 summary

https://dropitlikeitspots.com/dysautonomia-international-conference-2020-day-1-and-2/

https://dropitlikeitspots.com/dysautonomia-international-conference-2020-day-3-notes/

https://dropitlikeitspots.com/dysautonomia-international-conference-2020-day-4-notes/

Interesting topic about Sex Hormones and Dysautonomia in the first link: Dr. Blitshteyn has a personal observation that some men with POTS, NCS, or OH may have lower than normal testosterone. When she sees this in clinic, she refers those men to see an endocrinologist.

Very high: "70% of POTS patients have low blood volume. I was surprised by how high this figure is"

https://www.dinet.org/info/pots/pots-what-helps-r100/
« Last Edit: October 20, 2020, 09:18:13 AM by Muon »

Muon

• MCAD Thread
« Reply #25 on: October 23, 2020, 07:23:43 AM »
Postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome

"Prognosis depends on aetiology. Patients may have continuous symptoms. They may be unable to cope with their employment or normal daily activities. After post-viral episodes around 50% of patients recover in 2–5 years. Prognosis is good in adolescent patients. In the majority >90% respond to a combination of physical methods as well as pharmacotherapy. In the hyperadrenergic state patients will require life long treatment. In the secondary form the causative disorder has to be treated in order for patients to become symptom?free.

Pyridostigmine, an acetylcholine esterase inhibitor, has shown promising results in the management of POTS caused by post-viral infection and autoimmune disorders.29 Low dose combination therapy is better than high dose monotherapy.
"

Muon

• MCAD Thread
« Reply #27 on: October 26, 2020, 10:31:41 AM »
Wrinkled fingers

"So while driving my car today, my fingers randomly got super wrinkly. My hands were not sweaty and had not been in any water... It was quite interesting. I didn't think much of it but out of curiosity looked it up to see what causes wrinkled/pruny fingers aside from water, and much to my surprise, parasympathetic nervous system issues (i.e. autonomic nervous system issues) can be a cause for this! Has anyone else experienced this phenomenon that they've noticed outside of water? I'm curious to know!

Human bodies are weird.

Lol.
"

Anyone on poiscenter had these?

quikot

« Reply #28 on: October 27, 2020, 01:21:36 PM »
Anyone on poiscenter had these?

Yep. Does sound like me. Although in my case it's mostly left hand that's affected. The skin on my fingertips also peels off, revealing a sensitive red layer. Almost as if I burned my skin off.

Reading through your POIS case thread, I come to think that we are very similar. I share a lot of symptoms with you, even some odd ones like sunlight intolerance, pain in liver area, yellowing of skin, feeling cold etc..
« Last Edit: October 27, 2020, 02:05:06 PM by quikot »

berlin1984

• Use Adaptogens and Antioxidants, they can help.
« Reply #29 on: October 27, 2020, 02:54:08 PM »
The skin on my fingertips also peels off, revealing a sensitive red layer. Almost as if I burned my skin off.

I have no wrinkles, but exactly your peeling problem.
BUT: Only in the weeks before my personal hay fever seasons, also not so much during hay fever season.So the peeling starts April, while real hay fever noticeably only starts in May.
I always associated it with hay fever, never with POIS.
Please vote on: https://poiscenter.com/forums/index.php?topic=3386.0
(There's real science behind it, not Astrology..)

My Protocol