Author Topic: Iron deficiency and shortage of red/white blood cells  (Read 3775 times)

Vandemolen

Iron deficiency and shortage of red/white blood cells
« on: January 09, 2019, 05:31:34 PM »
I am in a POIS state for almost 3 months. And that without any sexual activity. First I thought it was candida, then a histamine problem. Today I got the result of a new blood test. Conclusion: my iron is too low. My symptoms are the same as my POIS-symptoms:
Feeling cold
White tongue
Dry skin (but oily nose and forehead)
Itching after taking a shower
Cracks in my lips
Acne
Insomnia
Feeling weak
Feeling tired
Brain fog

Now I have to take 40 mg of iron every day. Because the sympoms are similair to my POIS-symptoms I asked my doctor if it is an idea to take the iron an hour before sexual activity and if could be helpfull against POIS. He said that it is possible. (I am not encouraging you to try it. Always ask your doctor first). So I will try it about a few weeks.

I am not a doctor. But my new personal theory is that POIS causes a shortage of red and/or white blood cells and platelets (trombocytes). Iron plays a role in this. I am not onky sick because of too low iron. But also because there is 1 similair side effect of 3 types of antibiotics, Paracetamol and Fluconazol: a shortage of red and/or white bloods cells and platelets. When you google what the symptoms are of this you will see a lot of POIS-like symptoms.

I had my last pill of Fluconazol yesterday. And I stopped with antibiotics and month ago. And I also do not use Paracetamol anymore. Today started with taking iron. When I get better about a week or two weeks then I know that my problem was that blood cell shortage and/or iron defiency.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2019, 05:41:20 PM by Vandemolen »
POIS since 2000. Very bad since 2008. I knew that I have POIS since June 2010. Desensitization since March 2011. I stopped with desens in July 2016. I have 50% less POIS. And only 1 day of POIS. Purified CBD works for me, but I am allergic for CBD.

Nas

Re: Iron deficiency and shortage of red/white blood cells
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2019, 07:34:29 PM »
I am in a POIS state for almost 3 months. And that without any sexual activity. First I thought it was candida, then a histamine problem. Today I got the result of a new blood test. Conclusion: my iron is too low. My symptoms are the same as my POIS-symptoms:
Feeling cold
White tongue
Cracks in my lips
Acne
Insomnia
Feeling weak
Feeling tired
Brain fog

Now I have to take 40 mg of iron every day. Because the sympoms are similair to my POIS-symptoms I asked my doctor if it is an idea to take the iron an hour before sexual activity and if could be helpfull against POIS. He said that it is possible. (I am not encouraging you to try it. Always ask your doctor first). So I will try it about a few weeks.

I am not a doctor. But my new personal theory is that POIS causes a shortage of red and/or white blood cells and platelets (trombocytes). Iron plays a role in this. I am not onky sick because of too low iron. But also because there is 1 similair side effect of 3 types of antibiotics, Paracetamol and Fluconazol: a shortage of red and/or white bloods cells and platelets. When you google what the symptoms are of this you will see a lot of POIS-like symptoms.

I had my last pill of Fluconazol yesterday. And I stopped with antibiotics and month ago. And I also do not use Paracetamol anymore. Today started with taking iron. When I get better about a week or two weeks then I know that my problem was that blood cell shortage and/or iron defiency.
I also had low iron once and I don't think its that similar to POIS. We'll see though if you get better after getting your iron up.

Vandemolen

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2019, 11:15:59 AM »
Feeling cold
White tongue
Cracks in my lips
Acne
Insomnia
Feeling weak
Feeling tired
Brain fog

I also had low iron once and I don't think its that similar to POIS. We'll see though if you get better after getting your iron up.
Not only the iron but also the shortage of blood cells. Maybe there is a temporary shortage that is fixed after a few days? I know my symptoms get worse when I have sex two days in a row.
POIS since 2000. Very bad since 2008. I knew that I have POIS since June 2010. Desensitization since March 2011. I stopped with desens in July 2016. I have 50% less POIS. And only 1 day of POIS. Purified CBD works for me, but I am allergic for CBD.

b_jim

« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2019, 11:58:17 AM »
I remember at least 1 Poiser (maybe 2) who felt great improvement with iron supplement.
My red cells count and other parmaters are excellent (maximum level) so I don't think it will work for me.
Taurine = Anti-Pois
Lyme disease "cured" in 2020.

Vandemolen

« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2019, 12:13:00 PM »
I remember at least 1 Poiser (maybe 2) who felt great improvement with iron supplement.
My red cells count and other parmaters are excellent (maximum level) so I don't think it will work for me.
Did you also test the red cells count when in POIS?

FernandoPOIS

• 40 year old. POIS Since I was 28. Dopamine heals.
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2019, 02:26:14 PM »
This looks like anemia.
My POIS only happens with masturbation. Normal sex does not generate POIS symptoms. My POIS is related to me mood and the health of my cervical spine. Dopamine/Inflammation/Body constitution (genetics) are factors that contribute to POIS.

Vandemolen

« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2019, 04:10:16 PM »
This looks like anemia.
Yes I thought about anemia too. But a month ago my Hemaglobin was ok: 9.8 (RR: 8.5-11). When I did the blood test I was already sick for 6 weeks. A week before the blood test I finished antibiotics. The day after the blood test I started taking fluconazol. And fluconazol also brings the amount of red and blood cells down. I also have a shortage of IgM. Do not know if it plays a rolein the POIS state I am now.

Vandemolen

« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2019, 10:42:58 PM »
It is not the iron. I just have urticaria after using 3 types of antibiotics, Clomid and Fluconazol in a period of more than 2 months. All these medicines have hives as a side effect. I had this problem before after 3 weeks of antibiotics. It went away after a week. Now I have it almost 3 months. That’s because I did not gave my skin a break. I have insomnia because of the hives. I feel cold and tired because I did not get enough sleep.

So this topic can me removed.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2019, 10:46:13 PM by Vandemolen »

swell

« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2019, 07:45:13 PM »
I suspect that POIS'ers like myself, that get skin changes - very pale skin, after ejaculation are the ones with iron deficiency.  I suspect this pale/yellow/gray tone - highly visible color change after an o. is due to reduced blood flow to veins closer to skin.
POIS Free, 2+ yrs (occasional/predictive lapses)
Pois symptoms: Peripheral (Skin: Urticaria, dryness, pale blotchy skin), Exasperation of: [Nerve weakness, Muscle weakness + Mental (CNS: Brain Fog, Irritation, Isolation, Speech lethargy, Anxiety)].
Other conditions: ASD, ADD, GA