Author Topic: POIS symptoms list and other information - for Dr Wise and the research team  (Read 25575 times)

Quantum

• Administrator
Hi G-Man,

In the article, it says " In contrast, T cell (CD3+) and B cell (CD3-CD20+) subpopulations as well as the production of interleukin 6 and tumor necrosins factor alpha remained unaffected by sexual activity.".  That is, for normal guys, with no POIS.  I would be very interested to see if the same findings could be repeated with POIS sufferers.  If Dr Waldinger hypersensibility reaction hypothesis is true, IL-6, TNF alpha and other immunologic markers should go up after O in POIS sufferers blood. 

It is interesting to note that, in the 2011 study of Dr Waldinger, part 1, table 3, there seems to be a large proportion of POIS sufferers ( 58%, in the study)  that presents atopy, a tendency to develop hypersensitivity reactions. So, the results in POIS sufferers could be different than with general population.
You are 100% responsible for what you do with anything I post on this forum and of any consequence it could have for you.  Forum rule: ""Do not use POISCenter as a substitute for, or to give, medical advice" Read the remaining part at http://poiscenter.com/forums/index.php?topic=1.msg10259#msg10259

G-man

Thanks for the reply Quantum. It's interesting you point out that the results could be different for POIS sufferers, I never considered that as a possibility.

Pentrazemine

Re: POIS symptoms list and other information - for Dr Wise and the research team
« Reply #22 on: September 06, 2015, 02:48:55 PM »
I'm Cluster 3 and 4 strictly. I do not suffer from your generic fatigue or physical POIS symptoms. I only suffer from severe Cognitive and Emotional issues from either orgasm or seminal fluid entrenchment nearing the ejaculatory duct. [Ie: Closer the seminal fluid is to the ejaculatory duct  the increase of the severity of symptoms)

I'm apparently the only one on this forum who only suffers from mental deficits from the syndrome, maybe that might be of foreshadowed interest to your research team.

Nas

This is a beautiful post Quantum! I do not know why I previously dismissed it. I'm sorry for that. I just now realized how scientifically accurate this was made. Thank you!

However just like Pentrazemine said, I do not have pellagra like symptoms; only cognitive/psychological ones I've recently been suffering from digestive issues, and this could be an indicator of mild pellagra?

I also think you should split psychological and emotional symptoms because I don't have irritation/agitation. My symptoms are strictly inhibitory. However after 2 days of POIS I start to get hit with pure OCD/depression/anxiety.

Also I'm curious about why some of us have only brain symptoms? is there a specific cytokine that is responsible for brain symptoms and/or we do not get other cytokines which are responsible for the physical symptoms?

Finally what about urethritis? Ever since I had POIS my urethra is on fire, I wonder how many people also have urethritis? It seems logical for me that auto-immune responses culminate in urethritis and potentially cystitis.

Thanks Quantum.

Vandemolen

Finally what about urethritis? Ever since I had POIS my urethra is on fire, I wonder how many people also have urethritis? It seems logical for me that auto-immune responses culminate in urethritis and potentially cystitis.
I think I have mechanical urethritis. That is because of a habit that I developed a few years ago before desens. I used to masturbate only once a month. So when I did I was doing it too long. And that damaged the urethra. I am ok now because I am abstaining for 5 months now.
POIS since 2000. Very bad since 2008. I knew that I have POIS since June 2010. Desensitization since March 2011. I stopped with desens in July 2016. I have 50% less POIS. And only 1 day of POIS. Purified CBD works for me, but I am allergic for CBD.

certainlypois2

I think I have mechanical urethritis. That is because of a habit that I developed a few years ago before desens. I used to masturbate only once a month. So when I did I was doing it too long. And that damaged the urethra. I am ok now because I am abstaining for 5 months now.
How do you abstain for so long. I cant make it past two weeks and that is with all my internet source parental filtered to the max. 

Vandemolen

How do you abstain for so long. I cant make it past two weeks and that is with all my internet source parental filtered to the max.
It is easy for me because I am sick for 5 months. I think it is urticaria with hot flushes. Sex would make my symptoms worse. And I am afraid of getting an UTI after sex. Then I have to take antibiotics. And I think that I have urticaria because of antibiotics. Also my gut was destroyed because of antibiotics. I will go to an immunologist this week. Even when my urticaria is under control I am planning to abstain 3 months more. Then I think my gut is healthy again. And also my urethra will get some time to recover (because of mast. for too long). I avoid all sexy content on tv and  laptop. And I am single. Normally I could abstain for max 2 months.
POIS since 2000. Very bad since 2008. I knew that I have POIS since June 2010. Desensitization since March 2011. I stopped with desens in July 2016. I have 50% less POIS. And only 1 day of POIS. Purified CBD works for me, but I am allergic for CBD.

Quantum

• Administrator
This is a beautiful post Quantum! I do not know why I previously dismissed it. I'm sorry for that. I just now realized how scientifically accurate this was made. Thank you!

However just like Pentrazemine said, I do not have pellagra like symptoms; only cognitive/psychological ones I've recently been suffering from digestive issues, and this could be an indicator of mild pellagra?

I also think you should split psychological and emotional symptoms because I don't have irritation/agitation. My symptoms are strictly inhibitory. However after 2 days of POIS I start to get hit with pure OCD/depression/anxiety.

Also I'm curious about why some of us have only brain symptoms? is there a specific cytokine that is responsible for brain symptoms and/or we do not get other cytokines which are responsible for the physical symptoms?

Thanks Quantum.

Thanks for your good words, Nas :)

This post is over 4 years old now, so it was posted before you were here, that is maybe why you have never seen it before.

I would like to clarify that, in my clusters classification, there are 2 types of pellagra-like symptoms:  the central nervous system ones, and the peripheral ones.  If you have cognitive symptoms, those are pellagra-like symptoms:  brain fog, difficulty concentrating, etc.....   So I would say you have cluster 3 and cluster 4 symptoms.

For urethritis, I hesitate to but it in either in cluster 1 ( allergy-like symptom), or in cluster 3 ( pellagra-like), in the peripheral subsection of cluster 3.  I tend to think it is more in the cluster 3, because there are mucosal irritation already there (oral mucosa,  throat irritation, ...) , and there is a mucosa in the urethra, and that is what is burning, in your case.   What do you think?  "inflamed mucous membrane" is listed as a symptom of pellagra....see http://broadviewheightsfamilymedicine.com/patient-education/disease/pellagra/ for example.

This would make more sense, since you already have the central symptoms of cluster 3, and you also have some digestive issues, which are also a cluster 3 symptom in my classification.

Moreover, I had noticed that those who have cluster 1, allergy-like symptoms, usually tend to have symptoms in all 4 clusters, or at least in 3 of them, and you don't.  But it is not an absolute rule, though.

So, should I add urethritis in cluster 3, peripheral sub-cluster ?  Or is it more of a local allergic reaction ?  Hard to say.

All this idea about cluster came form the fact that I have zero cognitive symptoms, and full emotional symptoms, and no allergy-like symptoms.... so I think there are different causal pathways for each cluster, and depending on one's genetic and vulnerabilities, some clusters manifest, other do not, and there are many variations and mix, but for one POIS sufferer, there is usually a fairly stable kit of symptoms.

« Last Edit: March 12, 2019, 10:03:04 PM by Quantum »
You are 100% responsible for what you do with anything I post on this forum and of any consequence it could have for you.  Forum rule: ""Do not use POISCenter as a substitute for, or to give, medical advice" Read the remaining part at http://poiscenter.com/forums/index.php?topic=1.msg10259#msg10259

Nas

Thanks for your good words, Nas :)

This post is over 4 years old now, so it was posted before you were here, that is maybe why you have never seen it before.

I would like to clarify that, in my clusters classification, there are 2 types of pellagra-like symptoms:  the central nervous system ones, and the peripheral ones.  If you have cognitive symptoms, those are pellagra-like symptoms:  brain fog, difficulty concentrating, etc.....   So I would say you have cluster 3 and cluster 4 symptoms.

For urethritis, I hesitate to but it in either in cluster 1 ( allergy-like symptom), or in cluster 3 ( pellagra-like), in the peripheral subsection of cluster 3.  I tend to think it is more in the cluster 3, because there are mucosal irritation already there (oral mucosa,  throat irritation, ...) , and there is a mucosa in the urethra, and that is what is burning, in your case.   What do you think?  "inflamed mucous membrane" is listed as a symptom of pellagra....see http://broadviewheightsfamilymedicine.com/patient-education/disease/pellagra/ for example.

This would make more sense, since you already have the central symptoms of cluster 3, and you also have some digestive issues, which are also a cluster 3 symptom in my classification.

Moreover, I had noticed that those who have cluster 1, allergy-like symptoms, usually tend to have symptoms in all 4 clusters, or at least in 3 of them, and you don't.  But it is not an absolute rule, though.

So, should I add urethritis in cluster 3, peripheral sub-cluster ?  Or is it more of a local allergic reaction ?  Hard to say.

All this idea about cluster came form the fact that I have zero cognitive symptoms, and full emotional symptoms, and no allergy-like symptoms.... so I think there are different causal pathways for each cluster, and depending on one's genetic and vulnerabilities, some clusters manifest, other do not, and there are many variations and mix, but for one POIS sufferer, there is usually a fairly stable kit of symptoms.
My point on emotional symptoms, is that I don't have the mood swings you get after POIS. But I do get psychological issues like OCD, depression, etc. These two are different because the former could be related to quinolinic acid elevation and the later could be a result of tryptophan depletion. The former is excitotary and the latter is inhibitory.

The other point about urethritis. I can see pellagra causing irritation in mucusal membranes, but for me it's only in the urethra. This could be an indicator of the auto-immune attack on residual semen in the urethral wall. This explanation makes more sense for me since I don't have a sore throat or any other inflammation in the body. Who knows though. I'd really like to test my B3 levels btw.

Otherwise I think your clusters make total sense and they seem to be consistent for many POISers.