3 (12.5%)
Yes but only during POIS
7 (29.2%)
Yes but only on first night of POIS
1 (4.2%)
No
13 (54.2%)

Total Members Voted: 23

Author Topic: Poll: Do you have insomnia?  (Read 3962 times)

Vandemolen

Poll: Do you have insomnia?
« on: January 04, 2019, 12:14:30 PM »
I think that the cold cills and the white tongue in POIS is caused by insomnia. I always had a problem with sleeping. As a kid it would turn of the lights so my parents thought that I was sleeping. But after their check I would turn on the light and stay awake for hours. At school I always feeling cold the first hours. Since I have POIS my insomnia only got worse. I have a problem of falling in sleep after sexual activity. Most of the times I only am active before the weekend. So I do not have to wake up early. But then my sleeping ritme gets messed up. At night I can not fall in sleep. And when I fall in sleep I wake up a few times. When I wake up i am feeling cold and have a white tongue.

Also almost 2 months ago I started with Clomid. Clomid can cause insomnia. I am off Clomid for 7 weeks now. Also antibiotics can cause insomnia. I am off antibiotics for 4 weeks now. Fluconazol also can cause Insomnia. I am Fluconazol for 3 weeks and have 1 week to go.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2019, 01:08:32 PM by Vandemolen »
POIS since 2000. Very bad since 2008. I knew that I have POIS since June 2010. Desensitization since March 2011. I stopped with desens in July 2016. I have 50% less POIS. And only 1 day of POIS. Purified CBD works for me, but I am allergic for CBD.

Going less Crazy

Re: Poll: Do you have insomnia?
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2019, 12:27:54 AM »
Dog please check yourself for food sensitivities!  I had white tongue and all that crap for years until I changed my diet and I've said this so many times before.  But  I'll agree that their are possibly other causes. My apologies if you've tried this.

Also if their was a not anymore choice I'd pick that because it used to be all the time for me.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2019, 12:30:20 AM by Going less Crazy »
My POIS managed with Diet (@ diet that 100% manages my pois)Believe my POIS stems from inflammation in the gut. O = neuro POIS from inflammation from the gut

supps: microdose zyrtec if needed for food sens. ibuprofen for infl. as needed. Melatonin as needed. Big Pinch Black cumin  seeds once daily

Vandemolen

« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2019, 02:23:03 PM »
Dog please check yourself for food sensitivities!  I had white tongue and all that crap for years until I changed my diet and I've said this so many times before.  But  I'll agree that their are possibly other causes. My apologies if you've tried this.

Also if their was a not anymore choice I'd pick that because it used to be all the time for me.
Thanks. I will ask my doctor for a scinprick test for some foods. Since 1 year I eat nuts every day. That is because I used to eat chocolate every day. I replaced that with nuts, because I thought that is healthier. Before this I would only eat nuts maybe once a month. Since a year my tongue is white all the time. Before that only when in POIS. I read that an allergy for nuts also causes sweating. And since 2 years I sweat a lot.
POIS since 2000. Very bad since 2008. I knew that I have POIS since June 2010. Desensitization since March 2011. I stopped with desens in July 2016. I have 50% less POIS. And only 1 day of POIS. Purified CBD works for me, but I am allergic for CBD.

Muon

• MCAD Thread
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2019, 02:51:40 PM »
Nuts is one of those foods that make my tongue white (except pistache), it also induces IBS-like symptoms for me. I'm reacting to almost anything, fatigue, runny noses, stool problems etc. Also sensitive to food with known allergens, but on paper I'm not allergic to anything , just like POIS.

Vandemolen

« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2019, 03:45:17 PM »
That interesting. Maybe you are not allergic to nuts but you have a food sensitivity for nuts? I know that I am allergic to almonds with the ‘skin’. But no reactions to almonds without skin or other nuts. I will try to stop eating nuts for a few weeks. Maybe my health will improve and I get rid of the white tongue.

Going less Crazy

« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2019, 01:25:29 AM »
Yeah a skin prick reaction will just show an immediate ige reaction, a legitimate food allergy.  There are multiple parts to our immune system that won't show up there.  Delayed immune reaction.
My POIS managed with Diet (@ diet that 100% manages my pois)Believe my POIS stems from inflammation in the gut. O = neuro POIS from inflammation from the gut

supps: microdose zyrtec if needed for food sens. ibuprofen for infl. as needed. Melatonin as needed. Big Pinch Black cumin  seeds once daily

Hopeoneday

« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2019, 05:35:56 AM »
Is it posible test intolerance at all properly, i been always intrested in this.
Test for delayed reaction?
Dr-pois.

Muon

• MCAD Thread
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2019, 03:10:07 PM »
I have made a new thread about hypersensitivity because this one is about insomnia: https://poiscenter.com/forums/index.php?topic=2925.0

Wolf berry

« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2019, 12:43:59 AM »
 Sweating, anxiety, racing thoughs, paralyzed, when sleep nightmare bad dream... Only during pois since first ejaculation at age 12.. 9 years ago that was hell
So glad those days are over....

Wolf berry

« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2019, 12:46:48 AM »
I have tried Bendryl and Xanax for sleeping. although it helps but Bendryl make me paranoia during POIS out of out I am fine !!!

Muon

• MCAD Thread
« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2020, 01:46:05 PM »
"However, PYD did improve anxiety and sleep, and exercise improved fatigue and fitness. We speculate that PYD may have improved vagal tone, thus benefiting sleep and anxiety; this notion warrants further study."

A six‐month randomized controlled trial of exercise and pyridostigmine in the treatment of fibromyalgia