Author Topic: Antihistamine as treatment  (Read 5910 times)

traderwithpois

Antihistamine as treatment
« on: December 24, 2018, 02:31:29 AM »
Hi all, i have not posted in a while but i am still here

Last year i saw an allergy doctor who had heard about POIS, he understood perfectly the concept and even referred to semen as having ?exposure? to it

He recommended to take an allergy pill (antihistamine) like Allegra or others at least an hour or two before having ?exposure? (i.e ejaculation).

I have tried it.  While i dont know if it 100% eliminates my symptoms, it seems to prevent or reduce the typical allergy-type symptoms i experience, like itchy runny sneezy nose, pressure in head, etc.  It helps me to feel more balanced and normal, even if it does not solve fatigue and other issues

Muon

• MCAD Thread
Re: Antihistamine as treatment
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2018, 06:59:41 AM »
Which antihistamines have you tried so far?

Nas

« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2018, 09:41:24 AM »

Last year i saw an allergy doctor who had heard about POIS, he understood perfectly the concept and even referred to semen as having ?exposure? to it

He recommended to take an allergy pill (antihistamine) like Allegra or others at least an hour or two before having ?exposure? (i.e ejaculation).

I have tried it.  While i dont know if it 100% eliminates my symptoms, it seems to prevent or reduce the typical allergy-type symptoms i experience, like itchy runny sneezy nose, pressure in head, etc.  It helps me to feel more balanced and normal, even if it does not solve fatigue and other issues
Same,
Anti-histamines are good for physical symptoms but they do fuck all for cognitive symptoms.
Are we missing something when it comes to cognitive symptoms? Is there a mechanism that happens during neuroinflammation that does not happen in usual inflammation?

Vandemolen

« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2018, 11:07:04 AM »

Same,
Anti-histamines are good for physical symptoms but they do fuck all for cognitive symptoms.
Are we missing something when it comes to cognitive symptoms? Is there a mechanism that happens during neuroinflammation that does not happen in usual inflammation?
Ask your doctor if you can use a H2 blocker like Pepcid. In combination with a H1 blocker like Levoceterizine or Fexofenadine it could improve the symptoms. I am going to use a H2 blocker because of my urticaria problems. I am in a bad shape so I can not test it for POIS.
POIS since 2000. Very bad since 2008. I knew that I have POIS since June 2010. Desensitization since March 2011. I stopped with desens in July 2016. I have 50% less POIS. And only 1 day of POIS. Purified CBD works for me, but I am allergic for CBD.

Hopeoneday

« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2018, 11:21:08 AM »

Thats probbly because you cover only h1 receptors, histamine
not breaked down as it should be and keep circulating in body.

Do not play alone with antihistamines, i hawe a bad reaction from
some of them.
Ewan small releafe is hyudge step- i am glad you found some.
Dr-pois.

Nas

« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2018, 11:51:23 AM »

Same,
Ask your doctor if you can use a H2 blocker like Pepcid. In combination with a H1 blocker like Levoceterizine or Fexofenadine it could improve the symptoms. I am going to use a H2 blocker because of my urticaria problems. I am in a bad shape so I can not test it for POIS.
I'm taking rantidine right now with Fexofenadine, we'll see if it does anything.
I must say when ever I take these two I always feel good, I don't know if it's placebo or that they're actually working.

Nas

« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2018, 02:55:35 PM »
Ok so I just had three orgasms in the last 2 hours, I took before that 500mg Querecitin, 50mg Luteolin, 50mg Rutin, 120mg Fexofenadin and 300mg Rantidine.
I have to admit that they were somewhat effective in lessoning POIS symptoms in general but I also feel that cognitive symptoms in POIS are just simply unavoidable. There is just some mechanism that happens in the brain where no anti-histamine or Mast Cell stabilizer would work for.
I am however on first day trying Querecitin and Luteolin, so perhaps letting them build up a bit in the body may give me better results.

demografx

• Administrator
  • All of us working together to defeat POIS!
« Reply #7 on: December 24, 2018, 11:08:00 PM »

Ok so I just had three orgasms in the last 2 hours

Congrats, that’s enough to kill many of us! ;D
10 years of significant POIS-reduction, treatment consisting of daily (365 days/year) testosterone patches.

TRT must be checked out carefully with your doctor due to fertility, cardiac and other risks.

40+ years of severe 4-days-POIS, married, raised a family, started/ran a business

Nas

« Reply #8 on: December 25, 2018, 10:07:32 AM »

What can I say, I'm a horny bastard lol

demografx

• Administrator
  • All of us working together to defeat POIS!
« Reply #9 on: December 25, 2018, 05:25:02 PM »

What can I say, I'm a horny bastard lol

;D ;D ;D
10 years of significant POIS-reduction, treatment consisting of daily (365 days/year) testosterone patches.

TRT must be checked out carefully with your doctor due to fertility, cardiac and other risks.

40+ years of severe 4-days-POIS, married, raised a family, started/ran a business

Vandemolen

« Reply #10 on: December 27, 2018, 03:19:36 PM »

Same,
I'm taking rantidine right now with Fexofenadine, we'll see if it does anything.
I must say when ever I take these two I always feel good, I don't know if it's placebo or that they're actually working.
Great that it works for you. I am using Fexofenadine for a few years for allergy. Since today I also use Rantidine for my histamine problem. And also for stomach acid.
POIS since 2000. Very bad since 2008. I knew that I have POIS since June 2010. Desensitization since March 2011. I stopped with desens in July 2016. I have 50% less POIS. And only 1 day of POIS. Purified CBD works for me, but I am allergic for CBD.

traderwithpois

« Reply #11 on: August 18, 2019, 03:09:05 AM »
Which antihistamines have you tried so far?

Doctor recommended Allegra (fexofenadine).  Works ok.  Currently i use Cetirizine (zyrtec).  These allergy pills are all similar but with slight differences in how some people react

Mikasa

« Reply #12 on: September 08, 2023, 07:50:12 AM »

Same,
Anti-histamines are good for physical symptoms but they do [nothing] for cognitive symptoms.

Hello everyone, I have the same NAS situation, I take Allegra and it works for fatigue, mood but on a cognitive level it does nothing. Have any of you found and know what could be happening?
« Last Edit: September 08, 2023, 02:07:44 PM by demografx »