Author Topic: Hypersensitivity Megathread  (Read 296 times)

Nas

Re: Hypersensitivity Megathread
« Reply #30 on: February 20, 2019, 02:18:24 PM »
Th1 activation ---> interferon gamma release ---> increased macrophage activity ---> release of hydrolytic enzymes ---> affecting neurotransmitter metabolism ---> cognitive dysfunction

Perhaps POIS symptoms are being caused by the release of a bunch of enzymes damaging tissue which mimicks inflammation or altering enzyme activity in general.
I've read somewhere that certain Cytokines can mess with the kynurenine pathway leading to psychological issues. If anyone can find these papers you'd make me a favor. Maybe type 4 hypersensitivity leads to production of certain Cytokines that mess with neurotransmitters production.

Muon

« Reply #31 on: February 20, 2019, 02:35:27 PM »
Maybe poisers show different cytokine profiles Nas, these could affect parts of the brain. We need to take this step by step. The first step is to prove whether this is a type IV HS by using the LTT. Waldinger mentioned in his paper that a flu-like state could be caused by cytokines. I think it's possible that different symptom clusters might be caused by different cytokine profiles. I will send an email to the lab and ask whether it's possible to use my seminal fluid for LTT.

Nas

« Reply #32 on: February 20, 2019, 02:42:12 PM »
Again I'm more focused on the cognitive side of things. Let's assume that these brain effecting Cytokines are elevated in POIS. What would be the mechanism? If anyone has an idea please share.

Muon

« Reply #33 on: February 20, 2019, 03:01:37 PM »
I'm more focused on trying to prove T-cell mediated hypersensitivity in pois, this is what the thread is about. You are getting two steps ahead. You could search for papers which related cognitive symptoms to cytokines. I've mentioned a few cytokines for the subtypes in the first post of this thread, you can look up if they play a role in cognitive dysfunction. Just to let you know, I'm not going into all of that, not in the mood for that (at least for now).

Nas

« Reply #34 on: February 20, 2019, 03:51:56 PM »
I'm more focused on trying to prove T-cell mediated hypersensitivity in pois, this is what the thread is about. You are getting two steps ahead. You could search for papers which related cognitive symptoms to cytokines. I've mentioned a few cytokines for the subtypes in the first post of this thread, you can look up if they play a role in cognitive dysfunction. Just to let you know, I'm not going into all of that, not in the mood for that (at least for now).
Not trying to interfere with this thread Muon. But one last point I like to make, is that by knowing which Cytokines interfere with brain metabolism I can narrow down the possible subtypes. So again if anyone has any knowledge of these Cytokines please tell.

certainlypois2

• Global Moderator
« Reply #35 on: February 20, 2019, 04:15:10 PM »
Not trying to interfere with this thread Muon. But one last point I like to make, is that by knowing which Cytokines interfere with brain metabolism I can narrow down the possible subtypes. So again if anyone has any knowledge of these Cytokines please tell.

Quantum did a write up on cytokines on this thread: https://poiscenter.com/forums/index.php?topic=2350.msg19559#msg19559
It will also be a good place to continue cytokine discussion