Author Topic: POIS is a OCD... at least in my case. My POIS days have ended  (Read 5455 times)

jotape_chile

POIS is a OCD... at least in my case. My POIS days have ended
« on: November 22, 2018, 03:51:10 PM »
Hi everyone,

I am very happy to tell you all that my POIS is gone after a 25 year battle.

After visiting many kinds of doctors, I had this intuition that POIS was a psychosomatic problem, so I went to a psychiatrist specialized in this kind of disorder.

His diagnosis was a sex related OCD (obsessive compulsive disorder), and immediately changed the amount of medication I was taking.

I was taking:
10mg of escitalopram
1mg of clonazepam
1,5 mg of risperidone

He increased the amount of escitalopram up to 40mg... and my POIS is gone. Gone after 25 years... I can't believe it still.
He also ordered me to start reducing risperidone to 1mg.

I have had two O's during the last week, none of them with symptoms. Was able to have sex, work, have social life and I am even thinking of doing sports in the after sex days, none of that could be possible in my POIS days.

I strongly recommend visiting a psychiatrist specialized on psychosomatic disorders.
This has changed my life and revitalized a nearly dead sexual life with my partner.

Please feel free to ask me questions here (I will be checking) or at my Whatsapp contact +56 9 90206181, from Chile.

If it worked for me, it can work for you. Give it a try.

JP

« Last Edit: November 28, 2018, 03:14:03 PM by jotape_chile »

Muon

• MCAD Thread
Re: MUST READ: POIS is a OCD... at least in my case. My POIS days have ended
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2018, 04:52:37 PM »
For what time period have you been taking these meds? It's not clear from the text.
When did you start and when did you increase the escitalopram?
When was your first symptom free O in relation to the duration of medicine intake?
Could you take these medicine seperately to determine which one is responsible for the effect?
What were your POIS symptoms?
« Last Edit: November 22, 2018, 05:10:04 PM by Muon »

Nas

« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2018, 05:20:07 PM »
Hi Jotape_Chile
Glad you found your remedy.
I also suffer from POIS induced OCD, Pure OCD in specific. In fact I initially thought what I suffer from was just purely psychological, so I went to a psychiatrist and he prescribed me serotonin inhibitors like Prozac and Zoloft. They all slightly helped with psychological issues but they never were any good in terms of Cognitive symptoms. Basically you're still in a zombie like state but now you don't care and less depressed about it, it felt artificial because deep down you know there is still something wrong.
Maybe your POIS is just psychological and not cognitive ?

Vandemolen

« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2018, 05:47:25 PM »
You are not the first. See below. And there are other topics about Escitalopram. The problem is that when ypu stop taking these meds the POIS will be back. And it is not so healhty to take these meds your whole life.

Prof. Waldinger is a psychiatrist specialized on psychosomatic disorders and in sexual problems. He gave his POIS-patients these meds and it didn’t help them. But I am happy for you that you found something that helps you.
About a year back doctor gave me Escitalopram and resperidone it helped me like magic that I cured by pois it stays like that but I forget that if I have sex or masterbated what will happen so I had sex and the effect of these medicine goes away.
Above all I tried these medicine many times again but it's not helping at all anyone have any idea what was this episode.
Sameer
« Last Edit: November 22, 2018, 05:49:10 PM by Vandemolen »
POIS since 2000. Very bad since 2008. I knew that I have POIS since June 2010. Desensitization since March 2011. I stopped with desens in July 2016. I have 50% less POIS. And only 1 day of POIS. Purified CBD works for me, but I am allergic for CBD.

Muon

• MCAD Thread
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2018, 05:55:44 PM »
I have tried low dose citalopram, that was a horrible experience. It induced a heavy headache. Clonazepam peaks my interest since it's being used for over-stimulated nerves.

Nas

« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2018, 06:33:32 PM »
I have tried low dose citalopram, that was a horrible experience. It induced a heavy headache. Clonazepam peaks my interest since it's being used for over-stimulated nerves.
I have tried Valium before it helped as I remember but its benifits diminished too quickly. I remember having to take a tablet every quarter of an hour because it couldn't keep up with my anxiety. Again cognitive symptoms are the root problem of all psychological problems, as long as you don't fix them psychological problems are always going to be manifested even with medicational treatment.

jotape_chile

« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2018, 07:03:14 PM »
For what time period have you been taking these meds? It's not clear from the text.
When did you start and when did you increase the escitalopram?
When was your first symptom free O in relation to the duration of medicine intake?
Could you take these medicine seperately to determine which one is responsible for the effect?
What were your POIS symptoms?

Hi Muon,

Answering your questions:
1. I was taking escitalopram 10mg, clonazepam 1mg and risperidin 1,5mg for many years, 13 to be exact. It was due to a wrong diagnosed anxiety disorder.
2. We increased escitalopram firstly to 30mg and did not work, a couple of months ago. Increased to 40mg of escitalopram in october... and after that had two O's without POIS.
3. About 3 weeks.
4. After 13 years of taking the same, the only change was increasing the escitalopram, so I must say that that medicine is the key factor.
5. POIS symptoms: hot rashes, cold rashes, transpiration, dry skin, hair, eyes, muscle ache, depression, social phobia, photophobia, cold and hot intolerance, anxiety, irritation... all of them lasting 1 day, needing 2 deep sleeping nights to recover.

Notice that I am taking ESCITALOPRAM, not CITALOPRAM... they are different.

Hope I can help.

JP
« Last Edit: November 22, 2018, 07:09:31 PM by jotape_chile »

jotape_chile

« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2018, 07:07:23 PM »
Hi Nas,

"Maybe your POIS is just psychological and not cognitive ?"

I do not know really. I have always had physical symptoms, very annoying... but apart from being in a very bad temper, I have not experienced cognitive symptoms such as the ones I've read in this forum. My POIS has been mainly physical.

Hope I can help.

JP

Hopeoneday

« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2018, 08:18:21 AM »
So taking meds lik for shisoprhenia and outism, togedher with bezos and ssri
nothing help you in 13 years, an after your doc incriese this ssri to 40 that
worked for pois?

Low serotonin in brain?

I wish that all poisers could cure pois simply by taking ssris, but i am a litle
pesimistic about that.
I am glad that work for you, bezos help me to survivee anaplaxes,
not cure enithing for me.
Ssris not help me enithing at all, i am evan worse codition on them.

Meybe this combo is worh to try, who knows!
(With doctor control!)
« Last Edit: November 23, 2018, 08:23:34 AM by Hopeoneday »
Dr-pois.

b_jim

« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2018, 01:03:46 PM »
I'm very happy this therapy works for you.
But it doesn't prove Pois is OCD and psychosomatic.

There are hundreds of possibilities for a GABA-ergic med to influence Pois.
I can give you or your doctor lot of testmonies proving it's not the case. For example I have several testimonies of improvment of Pois with myorelaxant like Tetrazepam.

Once again I'm happy for your cure, no offense.
Taurine = Anti-Pois
Lyme disease "cured" in 2020.

jotape_chile

Re: POIS is a OCD... at least in my case. My POIS days have ended
« Reply #10 on: November 28, 2018, 03:17:06 PM »
Well, if anybody is eager to try this angle, feel free to contact me.
Today I am supposed to be in POIS, because yesterday I had an O, and I feel nothing but a little heat and transpiration on the back of my knees. This is nothing compared to the symptoms I suffered on a POIS day before taking this medication combined in the dosage described.

I am just hoping I can help someone else.

Best regards,

JP

BoneBroth

« Reply #11 on: November 29, 2018, 06:55:54 AM »
So I read that Escitalopram is a selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SSRI) and it works by "increasing the serotonin level in the brain". That is a good clue. Serotonin is the building block to melatonin (Is it the super antioxidant melatonin that is too low?). Maybe there are natural ways of raising seratonin and melatonin to avoid the side effects of the drug Escitalopram.

Serotonin Deficiency: the Cause is the Cure - Dr. John Bartemus (Tryptophan + Fe --> 5-HTP + B12 + Niacin + Folate + Mg --> Serotonin + NE + methyl donors --> Melatonin)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWqg5fwb3U4

Will Low Carbs Lower Your Serotonin Levels? - Dr Berg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2OGXwyTsfis

https://draxe.com/what-are-endorphins/
"Serotonin. Serotonin is often called the ?happy hormone? because it improves your mood and helps beat depression.  We need healthy levels of serotonin for mood stabilization, getting good sleep, dreaming and visualization. It also influences many physiological functions you probably wouldn?t expect, such as blood pressure levels, digestion and regulation of body temperature. Adequate levels of serotonin provide emotional and social stability, while low levels of serotonin are associated with various mental disturbances including: depression, anxiety, PMS,  sugar/carbohydrate cravings, trouble sleeping, obsessive thinking and addiction to alcohol or drugs."

jotape_chile

« Reply #12 on: December 06, 2018, 03:59:39 PM »
Well, today I am supposed to be in a severe POIS after having an O yesterday with my partner.
Fortunately, again the symptoms have been diminished and I feel they are almost gone. Just a bit of transpiration, but nothing that doesn't let me work or have a normal day.
I strongly recommend trying this approach.

JP

Hopeoneday

« Reply #13 on: December 23, 2018, 03:39:14 PM »
Well, from all my resarching i think that this helped you ,because
those dose of antidepresants inhibits histamine in yours brain and body.
This is my personal opinion.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2018, 03:41:13 PM by Hopeoneday »
Dr-pois.