Author Topic: mucuna pruriens (L-Dopa) [relief]  (Read 6819 times)

brainfogfun

mucuna pruriens (L-Dopa) [relief]
« on: March 05, 2016, 12:58:57 PM »
I happen to have chronic fatigue syndrome, fibromyalgia, and anxiety and depression. After years of constant struggle and suffering I have realized that the main exacerbator of my issues is orgasm. For whatever reason, the more I orgasm the more I feel pain, depression, anxiety, fatigue, etc. It has gotten so bad that if I have a a few orgasms for a few days in a row I am almost confined to bed.

I have tried almost everything to fix what ever might be causing these problems. For a while I thought maybe lack of dopamine in the brain might be one of my issues so I looked into what might increase dopamine in my brain. I know adderal and other stimulants can kind of just dump all your dopamine out but I wanted something that would actually increase the available amount in the brain. I have read that uppon orgasm prolactin goes up and dopamine goes down and they have that inverse reaction. So if you have high prolactin you have low dopamine. I thought maybe prolactin and dopamine were the keys to this illness somehow, and they very well could be.

Eventually I found mucuna pruriens (L-Dopa). I had a beautifully honeymoon period with it and was actually able to get off welbutrin because of it. It helped my pain, fatigue, brain fog, and pretty much everything. If I had an orgasm I just had to take my dose the next day and I felt fine. I use the NOW brand called 'dopa mucuna, but there are many different brands that all have the same function. I asked my doctor about why it makes me feel relatively normal and he said its just 'you feeling high from the l-dopa'. That may be true, but literally nothing else has given me the same amount of relief as MP has. I don't experince it as a 'high' per say. There is not really a come up or come down for me, at least not anymore. It just makes my symptoms better.

Unfortunately I seem to be developing a tolerance and I have to take a pretty high amount for symptom relief now. However, if you suffer from depression and fibromyalgia like symptoms upon O, I would highly suggest mucuna pruriens (L-Dopa). Good luck guys.

Vincent M

• Physical overshadows cognitive symptoms. 10yrs.
Re: mucuna pruriens (L-Dopa) [relief]
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2016, 12:38:18 PM »
Pay attention to your heartbeat while taking that. I had a problem where my heartbeat was uncomfortably strong for a while and I think it may have been caused by this herb.
Taking ginger tea, no wheat, fenugreek+green tea/garlic, saw palmetto, niacin, boswellia, huperzine, B complex and nutmeg. See my treatment summary post for more info: http://poiscenter.com/forums/index.php?topic=81.msg3513#msg3513

demografx

• Administrator
  • All of us working together to defeat POIS!
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2016, 05:44:24 PM »
Thanks, Vincent, for posting that caveat.

« Last Edit: March 28, 2016, 11:04:03 PM by demografx »
10 years of significant POIS-reduction, treatment consisting of daily (365 days/year) testosterone patches.

TRT must be checked out carefully with your doctor due to fertility, cardiac and other risks.

40+ years of severe 4-days-POIS, married, raised a family, started/ran a business

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2016, 10:57:22 PM »
More on mucuna pruriens -- posts from TNS forum/POIS thread:
http://tinyurl.com/hyw5eua

« Last Edit: March 28, 2016, 10:59:52 PM by demografx »
10 years of significant POIS-reduction, treatment consisting of daily (365 days/year) testosterone patches.

TRT must be checked out carefully with your doctor due to fertility, cardiac and other risks.

40+ years of severe 4-days-POIS, married, raised a family, started/ran a business

b_jim

« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2016, 08:55:51 AM »
I've just found something very funny :)
The french name for Mucuna pruniens is ..... Pois mascate  :) :) :)
(pois = pea). 
« Last Edit: March 29, 2016, 08:59:34 AM by b_jim »
Taurine = Anti-Pois
Lyme disease "cured" in 2020.

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2016, 04:36:06 PM »
:) :) :)

traderwithpois

Dopa Mucuna
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2021, 07:06:39 PM »
i just started experimenting with Dopa Mucuna (Mucuna Pruriens extract from velvet bean) as a suspect that I have low Dopamine neurotransmitter.  I started today and will update here on my progress
« Last Edit: July 16, 2021, 07:36:08 PM by traderwithpois »