Author Topic: Coimbra Protocol/Vitamin D Therapy etc...  (Read 6506 times)

JohnJames

Coimbra Protocol/Vitamin D Therapy etc...
« on: September 14, 2018, 11:00:43 AM »
Has anyone tried taking super-high dose vitamin D (like way above 10000 IU) for an extended period of time?

Has anyone had their vitamin D levels tested?

Any one done something similar to the Coimbra Protocol?

The Coimbra protocol supposedly can cure many many autoimmune diseases, it involves taking a ton of vitamin D (he starts patients off on 1000IU of vitamin D for each kg of bodyweight per day), also gets them to take lots of co-factors for vitamin D and has patients restrict calcium intake. Obviously don't do something like this without a doctor.

Apparently people seem to get better when Parathyroid hormone levels get to a low but healthy range, with high vitamin D levels, and normal calcium levels.

There's lots of interesting research on the effects of vitamin D on the microbiome and intestinal wall.
https://www.coimbraprotocol.com/general-information

I've taken doses of around 30000-50000 IU as a one off and it seems to remove alot of the symptoms of POIS, not been tested for vit D deficiency but I spend way too much time indoors to not be deficient.

It seems that to get your vitamin D levels up to a healthy level you need ALOT more than most RDA's and you'll probably also have to supplement co-factors (magnesium etc) see: https://vitamindwiki.com/Overview+Loading+of+vitamin+D

b_jim

Re: Coimbra Protocol/Vitamin D Therapy etc...
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2018, 11:16:19 AM »
This is possible that Vitamin D plays a role in our pois.
But as you know, you can't take mega dose of vitamin D without some risks. I always recommand to make a bloodtest and try to stay close to the high limit value.
Taurine = Anti-Pois

Scrub

« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2018, 04:22:45 PM »
Has anyone tried taking super-high dose vitamin D (like way above 10000 IU) for an extended period of time?

The Coimbra protocol supposedly can cure many many autoimmune diseases, it involves taking a ton of vitamin D (he starts patients off on 1000IU of vitamin D for each kg of bodyweight per day), also gets them to take lots of co-factors for vitamin D and has patients restrict calcium intake. Obviously don't do something like this without a doctor.

Apparently people seem to get better when Parathyroid hormone levels get to a low but healthy range, with high vitamin D levels, and normal calcium levels.

There's lots of interesting research on the effects of vitamin D on the microbiome and intestinal wall.

I've taken doses of around 30000-50000 IU as a one off and it seems to remove alot of the symptoms of POIS, not been tested for vit D deficiency but I spend way too much time indoors to not be deficient.

It seems that to get your vitamin D levels up to a healthy level you need ALOT more than most RDA's and you'll probably also have to supplement co-factors (magnesium etc) see: https://vitamindwiki.com/Overview+Loading+of+vitamin+D

Vit D never did anything for my POIS. A vitamin D overdose can cause hypercalcemia and eventually kidney failure. 1000IU per bodyweight kg can be risky, in my case, I'm like 83, 84 kg, so, that means something like 83000IU.

Vandemolen

« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2018, 07:28:06 PM »

Since a few months I take 50.000 IU a week. My POIS doctor thinks that a high vitamin D level can help me against the POIS. When I started my lever was 18. At my hospital it has to at least 80 and max 155. My level now is 160. My doctor thinks that’s just fine. I am feeling better than before I started with such high doses. But then it was winter. My POIS is always worse in winter, like a lot of other forum members. The real test is if I am ok during the coming winter.

I sawon the website of doctor Coimbra that his patients take 40,000 IU to 300,000 IU daily. Wow! That’s a lot. I take 50.000 IU once a week.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2018, 09:24:34 PM by Vandemolen »
POIS since 2000. Very bad since 2008. I knew that I have POIS since June 2010. Desensitization since March 2011. I stopped with desens in July 2016. I have 50% less POIS. And only 1 day of POIS. Purified CBD works for me, but I am allergic for CBD.

uhtred sonof

« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2018, 05:36:22 AM »
This thread reminded me of:

Hypothesis ? Fatigue the day after sex is due to deficiency of Vitamin D, Magnesium, and Zinc

Admin at VitaminDWiki, (as of 2016 - age 70) has not been exhausted after ejaculation.

I had found that taking Zinc and Magnesium (ZMA: 30 mg of Zinc, 450 mg of Magnesium Asperatate, 15 mg of vitamin B6) reduced the exhaustion, but did not eliminate it.
Added 10,000 IU of vitamin D and D-Ribose: No longer exhausted the next day

Magnesium and vitamin D are very synergistic, that is, increasing one also increases the other.

Magnesium is more than a co-factor for vitamin D (link)
Magnesium and vitamin D (link)
Note: Zinc is highly concentrated in semen, so is probably used up by ejaculation
Zinc and Vitamin D (link) category listing has 25 items along with related searches

Could not seem to find good search terms for what I experienced

Post Orgasmic Illness Syndrome
Sexual Fatigue
fatigue day after sex -sleep -sleepy
but, I was able to find some related information on Erectile dysfunction, vitamin D, and magnesium: June 2011
Very interesting associations, but nothing conclusive

https://vitamindwiki.com/Hypothesis+%E2%80%93+Fatigue+the+day+after+sex+is+due+to+deficiency+of+Vitamin+D,+Magnesium,+and+Zinc

Vandemolen

« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2018, 05:58:47 AM »
Has dr. Coimbra published a paper in a science paper? It would be better if he has.
POIS since 2000. Very bad since 2008. I knew that I have POIS since June 2010. Desensitization since March 2011. I stopped with desens in July 2016. I have 50% less POIS. And only 1 day of POIS. Purified CBD works for me, but I am allergic for CBD.

b_jim

« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2018, 02:24:21 PM »
D-Ribose is maybe something I will test in the months.
Some fibromyalgia sufferers seem to have improvement with it. It's possible some mechanism about atp/energy are close to ours.
Taurine = Anti-Pois

berlin1984

• Administrator
  • Use Adaptogens and Antioxidants, they can help.
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2020, 05:04:43 AM »
D-Ribose is maybe something I will test in the months.
Some fibromyalgia sufferers seem to have improvement with it. It's possible some mechanism about atp/energy are close to ours.

Have you tried it?
If yes please report back on https://poiscenter.com/forums/index.php?topic=3390.0

BuckarooBanzai88

« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2020, 02:29:41 AM »
I take 10,000 IU everyday.  It's the single most effective treatment (outside of diet) for POIS for me.  If I ever dip below 60ng/ml, I start having multi-day symptoms again instead of 24-36 hours.

Journey

• MM group
  • INTP, 19 y.o. aware of POIS since 2019
« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2020, 05:10:23 AM »
Sun doesn't seem to change POIS, I sunbathed a lot last year, now too. Maybe I need way more.

Muon

• MCAD Thread
« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2023, 03:07:10 PM »

jdog78

Muon

• MCAD Thread
« Reply #12 on: September 20, 2023, 09:58:46 AM »
Vitamin D Resistance as a Possible Cause of Autoimmune Diseases: A Hypothesis Confirmed by a Therapeutic High-Dose Vitamin D Protocol

https://www.reddit.com/r/POIS/comments/16n51p7/my_pois_cure/

Quote:
Things that help the problems:

— Extremely high doses of vitamin D (I'm currently at 120,000 IU per day and will be raising this slowly with the help of my doctor to a dose somewhere between this and 200,000 IU per day — I will explain this more below).
« Last Edit: September 20, 2023, 10:04:40 AM by Muon »

famas40

« Reply #13 on: September 23, 2023, 04:57:01 AM »
Friends, I need your help, I did a blood test, and it appears that I have a vitamin D deficiency: 18.2 ng/mL

Can anyone recommend a compliment of vitamin D and a dose to start with (what time of day to take it)