Author Topic: POIS and Traditional Chinese Medicine approach .?  (Read 5385 times)

Sigg

POIS and Traditional Chinese Medicine approach .?
« on: September 06, 2018, 03:01:11 AM »
Hi

Is there anyone who has ever used traditional Chinese medicine? Chinese acupuncture to rebalance the meridians. I'm trying this approach but after 5 or 6 sessions, I can not say that it has big effects. I feel calmer and less anxious, which is good enough but the Chinese doctor also evokes patience, trust and love to better circulate the energies and it may be that the symptoms of PEAS disappear. What do you think ?

Thanks

Sigg
French & Dutch Speaking

demografx

• Administrator
  • All of us working together to defeat POIS!
Re: POIS and Traditional Chinese Medicine approach .?
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2018, 03:14:42 PM »
Hi Sigg,

From observing the last 11 years at the forums, my impression of TCM is great hopes going in (placebo effect, etc.) but not something that lasts effectively for POIS treatment

« Last Edit: September 06, 2018, 10:13:21 PM by demografx »
10 years of significant POIS-reduction, treatment consisting of daily (365 days/year) testosterone patches.

TRT must be checked out carefully with your doctor due to fertility, cardiac and other risks.

40+ years of severe 4-days-POIS, married, raised a family, started/ran a business

CCA BOEING747-400

« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2020, 05:45:50 AM »
Hi

Is there anyone who has ever used traditional Chinese medicine? Chinese acupuncture to rebalance the meridians. I'm trying this approach but after 5 or 6 sessions, I can not say that it has big effects. I feel calmer and less anxious, which is good enough but the Chinese doctor also evokes patience, trust and love to better circulate the energies and it may be that the symptoms of PEAS disappear. What do you think ?

Thanks

Sigg
Hello.I am a Chinese and I am have been treated  by Chinese medicine for years but doesn't work well...
POIS since 2017
Diagnosed in 2020
Trying to cure myself

certainlypois2

« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2020, 01:12:50 AM »
Hi

Thanks

Sigg
Hello.I am a Chinese and I am have been treated  by Chinese medicine for years but doesn't work well...

Are you currently in china, if you are, just curious how you found the forum

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2020, 10:58:20 AM »
CP2, interesting Q., now I’m curious, too.
10 years of significant POIS-reduction, treatment consisting of daily (365 days/year) testosterone patches.

TRT must be checked out carefully with your doctor due to fertility, cardiac and other risks.

40+ years of severe 4-days-POIS, married, raised a family, started/ran a business

millstone

« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2020, 12:35:13 PM »
So I'll volunteer to be tribute and be the one that the rioters come after with the pitchforks....

Time to bring up the infamous "Dr. Lin".

Upfront Disclaimer: Aside from winning the "worst website from 1997" award, Dr. Lin has been discussed several times on this form as being a supplement peddler.

After spending some time digging through his cases and articles, I personally feel there are a lot of correlations between the "sexual exhaustion" theories, POIS, and also central nervous system impairments, specifically relating to the chronic activation of fight-or-flight and subsequent burn-out of neurotransmitters during the recovery period.

Here's a really long and messy article from the Dr. Lin website relating to Sexual Exhaustion and some correlation to Traditional Chinese Medicine:

http://www.drlin.net/#Benefits%20from%20Optimal%20Orgasms%20(the%20Tao%20of%20Sexual%20Orgasms

From in the article:

----------

The Traditional Chinese Medicine has termed the hypothalamus-pituitary-adrenal (HPA) exhaustion as "Kidney Deficiency", since the classic Chinese anatomy text assumed the tiny adrenal gland, sitting on the top of  the kidney, is a part of the kidney about 2000 years ago. The HPA exhaustion results in the erratic release of CRH (corticotropin releasing hormone), POMC (proopinomelanocortin),  ACTH (adrenocorticotropc hormone),  ?-lipotropic hormone, ?-endorphin, α-melanocyte-stimulating hormone (α-MSH),  ?-MSH, CA (catecholamines) and TSH (thyroid stimulation hormone), in response to stress, sex and environmental/dyshomeostatic stimuli.

----------

To me, all of this is sounding very related, particularly in the ingredient list of the recommended supplements found on his website, and the foundations of to those supplements to heal the nervous system / HPA Axis / Endocrine functions, and repair sexual dysfunctions.

Not saying that every sufferer of POIS on this forum burned out their CNS due to "sexual exhaustion". Many POIS sufferers have had it since their first orgasm on day-one.

Others have developed POIS through other means over time, likely due to chronic stress activation that led to a maladaptive limbic system / sympathetic nervous system dysregulation (either from viral, stress, toxins, gut dysbiosis, CFS, the list goes on).

I think that's very clear (to me) is that everyone is experiencing a breakdown of nervous system balance when in POIS, and arousal / orgasm is the trigger. This can be physical / psychosomatic / a mix of the two (the mind controls the body and vice-versa).

This is probably the most concise write-up (if you can consider it that) from the Dr. Lin website on the sexual exhaustion theory and the rampaging cascade of damage that happens to the CNS / HPA-Axis / and Neurotransmitter conversion process:

http://www.actionlove.com/extra/ses.htm

Whether you dig Dr. Lin's particular supplement plan or not, the idea of supplementing with the right nutrients, proteins, and amino acids to rebuild and strengthen your CNS (I think) makes a lot of sense.

I see parallels drawn in the scientific supplement threads on this forum with the idea of healing the CNS.

I don't think Traditional Chinese Medicine in the sense of "only" doing acupuncture or acupressure will solve POIS. My thought is that it will require healing your mind / body to the right balance and undoing the neuro-plastic changes that led to the cross-wiring in the malfunctioning limbic and sexual systems.

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2020, 07:42:54 PM »
Time to bring up the infamous "Dr. Lin".

I’d rather you didn’t.

He’s been thoroughly discredited here for the last 13 years.

Please don’t reply. If you remove your post, I’ll remove mine.

CCA BOEING747-400

« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2020, 09:27:00 PM »
Hi

Thanks

Sigg

Are you currently in china, if you are, just curious how you found the forum
Yeah.I am in China mainland now.I found the forum via NIH GRAD external link.
POIS since 2017
Diagnosed in 2020
Trying to cure myself