Author Topic: Developed POIS after antibiotic use  (Read 87466 times)

Simon66

Re: Developed POIS after antibiotic use
« Reply #40 on: August 24, 2018, 09:57:09 AM »
Found this awesome explanation of neurotransmitters during libido and orgasm. For years I wondered why I felt motivated and happy during orgasm, I guess it is a rush of GABA to the brain. Then after a few seconds I lose all that motivation. Also felt happy when I used to drink alcohol but it would wear off after a few hours of drinking.

One of the most important organs for a healthy sex life is the brain. Neurotransmitters control all four phases of the sexual cycle: desire, arousal, orgasm, and resolution. Targeted nutrients balance the following neurotransmitters and optimize hormone balance: dopamine for desire, acetylcholine for arousal, gamma-amino butyric acid for orgasms, and serotonin for resolution.

Desire is initiated by the neurotransmitter dopamine, which is released in the brain during the anticipation of sex. Without dopamine release, there would be no anticipation or urge for sex, and therefore no libido. Vitamin C boosts dopamine and increases sperm count. Zinc is necessary for dopamine synthesis and is often depleted in individuals due to medications, inadequate diets, excessive stress, and toxic environmental exposures. Zinc is also required for testosterone production. Magnesium is a ?mineral aphrodisiac,? that increases sex drive. Taurine increases testosterone levels and is the most abundant amino acid found in the male sexual organs.

Arousal is initiated by the neurotransmitter acetylcholine, which assists with focus, creativity, and concentration. Low brain levels of acetylcholine make the brain unable to concentrate on sex, disrupting the normal arousal process. Taurine is an acetylcholine booster. Vitamin C assists arousal by promoting vasodilation in assistance with nitric oxide production. Nitric oxide boosts blood flow, lowers blood pressure, improves erectile strength, improves libido and lowers cortisol levels. Taurine and Arginine also assist in nitric oxide production and cause vasodilation. Vitamin C and Magnesium also enhance sex drive, through the synthesis of androgen, estrogen and progesterone, which aid in arousal. Selenium is essential to sperm production.

Orgasm is reached with the assistance of the neurotransmitter Gamma-amino butyric acid or GABA. GABA is responsible for evoking a feeling of calm and tranquility. Increasing the amount of GABA in the brain has a relaxing, anti-anxiety, and mood-soothing effect. GABA-enhancing compounds include the branched-chain amino acids Leucine, Isoleucine, and Valine. Leucine, Isoleucine, and Valine also improve testosterone.

The final phase of sexual cycle is resolution. This is maintained by the neurotransmitter serotonin, which promotes a relaxed, happy, contented, and emotionally balanced feeling. These are the feelings many equate to the ?afterglow? after having sex. Vitamin C, magnesium and zinc increase the uptake of serotonin.

Source: http://striveiv.com/libido/

Also, I read this research that says GABA is produced by Bifidobacteria and Lactobacillus gut bacteria:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5102282/#bib1065

My 16S gut microbiome test showed Lactobacillus at 0% and Bifidobacteria at 2.4%. I am taking Inulin and sauerkraut but in small amounts due to my gut reacting to anything I eat.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2018, 10:34:55 AM by Simon66 »
Disclaimer: Please research all supplements thoroughly and take them at your own risk. I am not responsible for any adverse reaction you may suffer.

Avoid all Fluoroquinolone antibiotics including Ciprofloxacin, Levaquin and Avelox.

Scrub

« Reply #41 on: August 24, 2018, 10:39:02 AM »
@Muon, @Simon66,

Have you guys tried experimenting with GABA, Dopamine, Serotonin modulators/inhibitors/stimulators? Methylphenidate, Benzodiazepines, 5HTP?

Hi, I'm taking MPH on a daily basis and POIS is not affected by it, maybe the next day after orgasm, it makes me feel a little bit more anxiety, but that's it. Never tried any Benzos and 5-HTP.

quotz

« Reply #42 on: August 24, 2018, 02:17:39 PM »
@Scrub,

I will try Methylphenidate soon and test it out. Try 5HTP, its pretty easy to get. Also try testing out Benzodiazepines too if you could.

b_jim

« Reply #43 on: August 24, 2018, 10:12:46 PM »
More and more diseases are linked to bacteria in gut. Even Alzheimer, even some cancers.
It's possible my Pois started after antibiotics usage but I don't remember.
What you wrote about bifidobacteries and lactobascillus about GABA is very interesting for me.

The point I would like to prove is the presence of GABA (and acethylcholine?) in human semen.
 Is sperm a "cocktail" of neurotransmitters ? (serotonin-like and dopamine-like hormones are present in semen, showed by scientific studies)
Taurine = Anti-Pois
Lyme disease "cured" in 2020.

Simon66

« Reply #44 on: August 25, 2018, 02:20:25 PM »
Here's an article about the discovery of GABA modulating gut bacteria:

https://www.northeastern.edu/rise/presentations/gaba-modulating-bacteria-human-gut-microbiome/

It is only early research but to summarise:
- Researchers have struggled to grow many strains of gut bacteria in the past.
- They discovered that there are GABA-producing and GABA-consuming bacteria.
- Some bacteria depend on other bacteria to grow, this is known as crossfeeding.

I am going to try a long abstinence from O. I am hoping my GABA levels will rise, my gut bacteria will have more food and the anti-inflammatory gut bacteria will grow. I guess having an O is kinda selfish XD, we are using all the food that our gut bacteria eat.
Disclaimer: Please research all supplements thoroughly and take them at your own risk. I am not responsible for any adverse reaction you may suffer.

Avoid all Fluoroquinolone antibiotics including Ciprofloxacin, Levaquin and Avelox.

Hopeoneday

« Reply #45 on: August 25, 2018, 03:11:44 PM »
No, sex an O isnt selfish, half planet would be sick than, not only "3" man on earth, the logic and comon sense.
Ask eny of your frend, did they get sick after sex or mastubation, and evan overmasturbation. The answer will be NO!

How much sex and O is enoug for some idividua? Nature made that perfect, when is enoug for you , you will know it, its proces who end by it self.
Of course, if some one "torture" him self , that will not be good for that person probbly.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2018, 03:13:45 PM by Hopeoneday »
Dr-pois.

Simon66

« Reply #46 on: August 25, 2018, 03:26:32 PM »
Agreed, I was just making a joke. Perhaps most people have very high GABA-producing bacteria so they never run out.

b_jim

« Reply #47 on: August 26, 2018, 05:05:48 AM »
I think it could be useful to follow the gaba program.

I will buy glutamine/magnesium.

I make my own yogurt and fermented vegetables. Problem, I still have gastritis and this diet kills my stomach (soon go to the doctor)
Taurine = Anti-Pois

Simon66

« Reply #48 on: August 26, 2018, 06:05:58 AM »

I make my own yogurt and fermented vegetables. Problem, I still have gastritis and this diet kills my stomach (soon go to the doctor)

Have you tried a long abstinence from O? Like 2 months?

Also, I have read that reducing the duration of masturbation means lower severity of POIS.

Found this information about fermented GABA tea called "gabaron" or "gabalong", I may try it: https://www.greentea.net/gaba/

Consider getting a Quantitative amino acid Urine test. I had it done some months ago and I am now looking at it today and seeing that pretty much all GABA precursors are low! Maybe GABA tea will help me.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2018, 07:12:54 AM by Simon66 »

Scrub

« Reply #49 on: August 26, 2018, 10:26:09 AM »

Already tried glutamine and didn't do anything to me, I hope it works for you. 

Also, I have read that reducing the duration of masturbation means lower severity of POIS.

Not for me, unfortunately. I've abstained for 2 or 3 months and POIS was the same when I orgasmed after abstainance.

I'm very commited into resarching, for now, I'm pretty sure that I'm getting closer to find an explanation about what POIS actually is.

Simon66

« Reply #50 on: August 26, 2018, 11:05:24 AM »
Muon/All,

I've added my Amino Acid Quantitative test that I had done back in February 2018 to the results page (link added below). It's very interesting as GABA is not detected and many of the GABA precursors are low or very low.

My Results:
http://poiscenter.com/forums/index.php?topic=2684.15

b_jim

« Reply #51 on: August 27, 2018, 07:04:20 AM »
Yes, I see your test, it's amazing.
M
Taurine = Anti-Pois

Hopeoneday

« Reply #52 on: August 27, 2018, 09:26:06 AM »
Muon/All,

I've added my Amino Acid Quantitative test that I had done back in February 2018 to the results page (link added below). It's very interesting as GABA is not detected and many of the GABA precursors are low or very low.

My Results:
http://poiscenter.com/forums/index.php?topic=2684.15

Thanks for tests results, wery helfull to us.
Dr-pois.

Simon66

« Reply #53 on: August 28, 2018, 06:18:57 AM »
« Last Edit: August 28, 2018, 08:10:06 AM by Simon66 »

Vandemolen

« Reply #54 on: August 28, 2018, 07:22:04 AM »
Research article suggests taking a combination of prebiotics is more effective than taking just one. Taking inulin with XOS appears to lower inflammation and IL-10:

https://www.cambridge.org/core/journals/british-journal-of-nutrition/article/xylooligosaccharide-xos-in-combination-with-inulin-modulates-both-the-intestinal-environment-and-immune-status-in-healthy-subjects-while-xos-alone-only-shows-prebiotic-properties/8F2D78EDB8C1B65D7935F19E4A85FB69/core-reader

Found a product with about 12 different prebiotics in one, I wonder if my gut could tolerate that many:

https://www.amazon.com/PREBIOTIC-InnovixLabs-Plant-based-Prebiotic-Gluten-free/dp/B01C80ZIXI
I am on VSL#3. Hope brought that product to my attention. I am on day 2. It should work after a week. But now I am in pain. The problem is: is it a prostate infection or is it Candida? The symptoms are almost the same. Normally I would have taken antibiotics a few days ago. But now I want to wait for that week. You also should take prebiotics. Not only probiotics. I eat 2 cloves of garlic everyday.
POIS since 2000. Very bad since 2008. I knew that I have POIS since June 2010. Desensitization since March 2011. I stopped with desens in July 2016. I have 50% less POIS. And only 1 day of POIS. Purified CBD works for me, but I am allergic for CBD.

Simon66

« Reply #55 on: August 28, 2018, 07:36:14 AM »
I had a bad reaction to VSL3 but think prebiotics are much better anyway. Probiotics are unlikely to colonise the gut, they only provide benefits as you take them but it wears off after a day or two.

Simon66

« Reply #56 on: August 29, 2018, 04:59:08 PM »
In addition to its well-known CNS roles, GABA also modulates inflammation. GABA receptor transcripts are present in immune cells (5 ?7). GABA treatment decreases inflammatory cytokine production in peripheral macrophages (5). GABA and GABA type A receptor (GABA-A-R) agonists decrease cytotoxic immune responses and cutaneous delayed-type hypersensitivity reactions (8, 9). Treatment with GABA decreased T cell autoimmunity and the development of inflammatory responses in the nonobese diabetic mouse model of type 1 diabetes (6). The site of action of GABA in the adaptive immune response, however, remains obscure.

See above quote. The latest version of my theory is gut dysbiosis causes chronic inflammation in the body. Our GABA can suppress most or all inflammation but when we orgasm we lose the GABA and the inflammation cannot be suppressed. So I am looking at prebiotics to fix my gut dysbiosis and hopefully GABA will no longer be needed to suppress inflammation.

Source: http://www.pnas.org/content/107/6/2580

Bombardier

• I'm just your average gal who used to be a guy.
« Reply #57 on: August 29, 2018, 05:24:57 PM »
Just gonna chime in here: I've been on Gabapentin for nearly half a year due to my nerve pain. Unfortunately, it's done nothing for my POIS.

I don't mean to poke a hole in this theory, but if a GABA analogue can't control my particular type of POIS, I'm not entirely sure it has a role in this condition we all share.

Simon66

« Reply #58 on: August 30, 2018, 09:32:34 AM »
Just gonna chime in here: I've been on Gabapentin for nearly half a year due to my nerve pain. Unfortunately, it's done nothing for my POIS.

I don't mean to poke a hole in this theory, but if a GABA analogue can't control my particular type of POIS, I'm not entirely sure it has a role in this condition we all share.

Well, we're all different but it's good to hear your experience. Some people find alcohol works because it acts directly on the GABA receptors, you could try that.

Scrub

« Reply #59 on: August 30, 2018, 10:39:04 AM »

Well, we're all different but it's good to hear your experience. Some people find alcohol works because it acts directly on the GABA receptors, you could try that.

I'll soon post my full theory about POIS, meanwhile, I can tell you this, alcohol works to prevent POIS or to fix POIS because it inhibits glutamate and work directly on NMDAR.

ethanol alters the function of a number of neurotransmitter receptors (e.g.: ?-amino butyric acid A (GABAA), glycine, glutamate, nor-epinephrine, DA, serotonin, acetylcholine) as well as transporters (adenosine, nor-epinephrine, DA, serotonin). Especially the ligand-gated ion channels including those belonging to the brain's major amino acid neurotransmitter systems ? the inhibitory GABA and the excitatory glutamate receptors ? were shown highly sensitive to the acute effect of ethanol at relevant (<100 mM) concentrations [49, 96, 103]. In the past years, there has been increasing evidence of facts that acute ethanol facilitates GABAergic transmission by enhancing chloride conductance of the GABAA receptors, and inhibits glutamatergic function by decreasing the flow of cations especially through the NMDA activated subclass of glutamate receptors.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2645546/

I've tried gabapentin before and it didn't worked for POIS, I felt like crap, like a xxxxxxx walking zombie while I used it. Stay away from gabapentin unless it has been prescribed to you for another medical condition.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2018, 08:57:09 AM by demografx »