Author Topic: Why is POIS less hard during the summer?  (Read 3041 times)

berlin1984

Re: Why is POIS less hard during the summer?
« Reply #30 on: July 31, 2020, 01:16:36 PM »
It has been suggested in the forum that vasodilation can possibly open up some blood vessel or a capillary that allows [something good that has to do with nervous system or hormones to happen]. I like this theory, find it plausible.

Related thread:

Many things can cause vasoconstriction (narrowing of blood vessels) including drug use (smoking), hormones, temperature, etc.  If youre in a cold climate often that might cause it
brain fog, motivation problems and body symptoms 70% improved by diet (casein-free, wheat-free, eating-not-much-egg, ginger, black coffee, vitamin/mineral/antioxidant/omega3/adaptogens/sperm supps), but I want to fix the rest (bone pain, muscle weakness, gut problems, social hostility the day after)

Investigator

« Reply #31 on: August 01, 2020, 12:59:46 AM »
Actually, now I may modify the vasoconstriction hypothesis: it could be that the problem is not with the blood vessels, but with the cryoglobulins, making blood of higher viscosity. One POIS patient in a clinical-case paper turned out to have higher levels of cryoglobulins (++).

And yes, when the blood vessels happen to be dilated (e.g. with niacin, with garlic, with alcohol, or with heat) - sure, that helps for the blood of higher viscosity to pass. But what if the actual problem is more with the blood viscosity than it is with the blood vessel?

Journey

• INTP, 19 y.o. aware of POIS since 2019
« Reply #32 on: August 01, 2020, 06:49:54 AM »
Actually, now I may modify the vasoconstriction hypothesis: it could be that the problem is not with the blood vessels, but with the cryoglobulins, making blood of higher viscosity. One POIS patient in a clinical-case paper turned out to have higher levels of cryoglobulins (++).

And yes, when the blood vessels happen to be dilated (e.g. with niacin, with garlic, with alcohol, or with heat) - sure, that helps for the blood of higher viscosity to pass. But what if the actual problem is more with the blood viscosity than it is with the blood vessel?
I've thought of POIS thick blood/viscosity link. It'd be useful to look at POISer blood pressure.
INTP, 19 y.o. aware of POIS since 2019 when realized by abstaining that O/WD gives POIS, likely had it since puberty, fatigue, brainfog, clumsier, slower thinking/processing, voice volume goes down, sometimes harder to look in eyes, lower stamina/strength

drop247

« Reply #33 on: August 01, 2020, 08:41:21 AM »
Would vasodilator substances also dilate the seminal vessels?

Mishlen

« Reply #34 on: August 07, 2020, 01:19:10 AM »
I haven't noticed seasonal changes on me. When i get symptoms my body is struggling with extreme temperatures. Cold winters are especially bad but hot summers are almost equal.
So if some of you feel better on summer, could it be as simple as increased vitamin D levels has boosted testosterone levels (though dopamin also elevates)?

Muon

« Reply #35 on: August 08, 2020, 02:11:33 PM »
Poll for Northern Hemisphere people.
https://poiscenter.com/forums/index.php?topic=3321.0

If you don't experience variability, maybe select all months.

Berlin1984 + summer thread = Summer of 1984