Author Topic: Blood Pressure  (Read 3819 times)

FernandoPOIS

• 40 year old. POIS Since I was 28. Dopamine heals.
Blood Pressure
« on: August 06, 2018, 02:02:29 PM »
It has been reported that most members have low blood pressure.
I was thinking it would be interesting to drink a glass of salt water 1 hour before orgasm. Or 2 hours, I do not know....
Perhaps these symptoms we have are a reaction exacerbated by the fact that we have low blood pressure.
Here's my case: I do not have POIS if I have orgasm during normal sex. And how is my body at the moment? With the pressure slightly elevated by the exercise performed by the muscles.
I do not know if anyone has tried. It's simple, cheap and I believe it's safe.
My POIS only happens with masturbation. Normal sex does not generate POIS symptoms. My POIS is related to me mood and the health of my cervical spine. Dopamine/Inflammation/Body constitution (genetics) are factors that contribute to POIS.

Quantum

• Administrator
Re: Blood Pressure
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2018, 08:06:26 PM »
Hi Fernando,

I am prone to hypotension, and it was one of my most debilitating symptoms before I have developped my pre-pack.   I used salted water very often  ( before, and after O), but it was not enough for me to control POIS  ( in particular, it does nothing for the emotional symptoms). 
You are 100% responsible for what you do with anything I post on this forum and of any consequence it could have for you.  Forum rule: ""Do not use POISCenter as a substitute for, or to give, medical advice" Read the remaining part at http://poiscenter.com/forums/index.php?topic=1.msg10259#msg10259

swell

« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2018, 11:26:56 PM »
I didn't try real sex, but I do know that if ejaculation is done in certain ways, I do not have POIS.   I dont understand what you mean by below:

And how is my body at the moment? With the pressure slightly elevated by the exercise performed by the muscles.
I do not know if anyone has tried. It's simple, cheap and I believe it's safe.
POIS Free, 2+ yrs (occasional/predictive lapses)
Pois symptoms: Peripheral (Skin: Urticaria, dryness, pale blotchy skin), Exasperation of: [Nerve weakness, Muscle weakness + Mental (CNS: Brain Fog, Irritation, Isolation, Speech lethargy, Anxiety)].
Other conditions: ASD, ADD, GA

Vandemolen

« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2019, 08:03:33 PM »
I also have a low blood pressure: 105/80. But it is not too low. I thought low blood pressure is under 100/60. And the best is around 120.

But I saw on another topic that 2 people have high blood pressure:

https://poiscenter.com/forums/index.php?topic=2195.msg17868#msg17868
« Last Edit: February 03, 2019, 09:47:33 PM by Vandemolen »
POIS since 2000. Very bad since 2008. I knew that I have POIS since June 2010. Desensitization since March 2011. I stopped with desens in July 2016. I have 50% less POIS. And only 1 day of POIS. Purified CBD works for me, but I am allergic for CBD.

demografx

• Administrator
  • All of us working together to defeat POIS!
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2019, 08:32:35 PM »
I have very high blood pressure when not controlled by medication. High BP killed my father (in the days when BP meds were not very developed as they are today).

« Last Edit: February 03, 2019, 08:47:26 PM by demografx »
10 years of significant POIS-reduction, treatment consisting of daily (365 days/year) testosterone patches.

TRT must be checked out carefully with your doctor due to fertility, cardiac and other risks.

40+ years of severe 4-days-POIS, married, raised a family, started/ran a business

Vandemolen

« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2019, 08:35:55 AM »
I am sorry about your dad. But also in blood pressure we differ, some have a bit low BP, others have too high. I always thought I have high BP because I am sometimes in a stressed my mind, particulary when in POIS. So I let a doctor chevk my BP, but it turned out to be on the low side. It sounds weird but I hoped that my BP would be a bit higher because I want to get rid of my hot flushes. Clonidine helps, but it brings BP down. So I do not think my doctor will give me this medicine.
POIS since 2000. Very bad since 2008. I knew that I have POIS since June 2010. Desensitization since March 2011. I stopped with desens in July 2016. I have 50% less POIS. And only 1 day of POIS. Purified CBD works for me, but I am allergic for CBD.

dizzy

« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2019, 03:13:30 PM »
How about an experiment where we try to reach orgasm while being in an upside-down position (so blood pressure in the head increases)?

;D
Male, INTJ. POIS symptoms: red eyes, ear-pain, anxiety, speech problems, pale/ugly skin, stiff neck, double chin, tinnitus, light sensitivity. POIS even after stimulation without O.

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2019, 03:43:50 PM »
That would make me...dizzy.

« Last Edit: February 04, 2019, 03:45:59 PM by demografx »
10 years of significant POIS-reduction, treatment consisting of daily (365 days/year) testosterone patches.

TRT must be checked out carefully with your doctor due to fertility, cardiac and other risks.

40+ years of severe 4-days-POIS, married, raised a family, started/ran a business

dizzy

« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2019, 04:48:56 PM »
That would make me...dizzy.

touché  :P

But seriously, I think it would be an interesting experiment (but note that it might backfire).

Another (perhaps safer) idea is to try upside-down yoga positions for some time to make the blood vessels in the brain more resistant against sudden blood pressure changes (which happen during orgasm).
Male, INTJ. POIS symptoms: red eyes, ear-pain, anxiety, speech problems, pale/ugly skin, stiff neck, double chin, tinnitus, light sensitivity. POIS even after stimulation without O.

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2019, 05:13:07 PM »
Thanks for pointing out the safety risk :)

Vandemolen

« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2019, 08:03:05 AM »
If you have chills and your blood pressure is low then there are a few things that are recommended to eat and drink:

Coffee and tea (liquorice and ginseng)
Salt

But do not exceed in amounts.

Avoid:
Smoking
Alcohol
« Last Edit: February 23, 2019, 08:51:53 PM by Vandemolen »

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2019, 08:17:35 PM »
Vandemolen, who is recommending this??

Vandemolen

« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2019, 08:31:19 PM »
A few Dutch websites:

https://gezonderleven.com/voedingsmiddelen-je-bloeddruk-verhogen/

I googled and found also English websites who give this advice. It is just the opposite what they say to people with high pressure. They have to avoid too much coffee and salt.

https://www.healthline.com/health/low-blood-pressure-diet#what-to-eat

demografx

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: February 24, 2019, 02:00:16 AM »
Thank you.

swell

« Reply #14 on: February 25, 2019, 12:38:30 AM »
Very interesting.  I do think there is something to it.  I can pretty much eliminate my POIS by diving (4-5 times, find the highest jumping board at a typical YMCA gym swimming pool).  I have tried hanging upside down but somehow that doesn't help much.   My BP is around 100/70. 
POIS Free, 2+ yrs (occasional/predictive lapses)
Pois symptoms: Peripheral (Skin: Urticaria, dryness, pale blotchy skin), Exasperation of: [Nerve weakness, Muscle weakness + Mental (CNS: Brain Fog, Irritation, Isolation, Speech lethargy, Anxiety)].
Other conditions: ASD, ADD, GA