Author Topic: Antihistamine treatment - result!!  (Read 12724 times)

Joe Burger

Antihistamine treatment - result!!
« on: December 14, 2011, 05:08:19 AM »
My symptoms are pretty typical - fatigue, cognitive and memory problems, irritability, sore throat, wheezy cough etc., starting around 4 hours after ejaculating, and clearing up after 2-5 days.

Last week I saw Dr. Goldmeier in London. He prescribed an antihistamine called levocetirizine dihydrochloride (brand name Xyzal, comes in 5mg. tabs) to be taken at double dosage ie. 10mg., 4-6 hours before having sex, then repeating the dose 24 hours later and again for the following 3 days. 

My symptoms were relieved by something like 80% - if I hadn't been on the lookout I might have missed them entirely: a lifechanger, after 12 years of consistently feeling ill after sex. 

As a word of caution, I've only tried this once, but the effects were so distinct that I expect the same result next time. 

Good luck to others for whom this also might work.  It's available only on prescription.

Jon

Re: Antihistamine treatment - result!!
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2011, 06:12:14 AM »
Very interesting, Joe Burger. Thank you for that. I will definitely be looking into that. Tell me if you may.. Assuming you tried niacin prior, How much more affective is it? And can you describe your cognitive symptoms and how much it helped. Sorry to be a bother. Thanks man. Jon.
My cognitive symptoms started suddenly during an orgasm when I was 16. I then developed my POIS and cognitive/physical symptoms became very severe. Had to leave work and school. This year I had 60% success with regimen. Recently the symptoms have gotten worse again. Let's help each other.

b_jim

« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2011, 09:39:02 AM »
Hi Joe Burger and welcome !
Congratulations for your success.
This is the way I want to follow now. My symptoms are starting some hours after orgasm so I hope the med will work for me.
Taurine = Anti-Pois
Lyme disease "cured" in 2020.

Ccconfucius

« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2011, 01:03:17 PM »
dr goldeimer also prescribed diclofenac in his paper, is this new drug better.

b_jim

« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2011, 03:21:38 PM »
Diclofenac is a Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug, this is not exactly the same class of med. But all med effective against Pois is welcome  :)
Taurine = Anti-Pois

Vincent M

• Physical overshadows cognitive symptoms. 10yrs.
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2011, 10:07:02 AM »
I have a feeling that benadryl (diphenhydramine) would still be a superior med for most POIS sufferers compared to the one you describe here since it is considered by many sources to be the strongest of the antihistamine medications and it is available over-the-counter  at least in the U.S.
Taking ginger tea, no wheat, fenugreek+green tea/garlic, saw palmetto, niacin, boswellia, huperzine, B complex and nutmeg. See my treatment summary post for more info: http://poiscenter.com/forums/index.php?topic=81.msg3513#msg3513

Ccconfucius

« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2011, 05:01:25 PM »
Diclofenac is a Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug, this is not exactly the same class of med. But all med effective against Pois is welcome  :)

Diclofenac is one of the strongest nsaid and is suppose to block more than one type of inflammation source
I thought that will be better for pois because of stage iv  inflammation  
Am guessing dr goldeimer changed strategy  to preventing inflammation from the first stage by using a more powerful  antihistamine
« Last Edit: December 17, 2011, 05:37:47 PM by Ccconfucius »

mellivora

« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2011, 05:20:38 PM »
Benadryl didn't work for me. Neither did Diclofenac. Doesn't mean it won't work for someone else though...

Ccconfucius

« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2011, 05:35:07 PM »
Benadryl didn't work for me. Neither did Diclofenac. Doesn't mean it won't work for someone else though...
Did u test it with one orgasm or more than one
When u go above one orgasm most of the remedy loose efficacy

Willem

« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2011, 01:40:27 PM »

Well said.

b_jim

« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2012, 03:11:20 AM »
I hope Joe Burger will come back soon to confirm his med is effective.
I notice something important for me : his symptoms start after 4-5 hours. So it gives me hope to have success with a anti-histamines. However, my flu-like symptoms aren't as strong as yours.
Taurine = Anti-Pois

mellivora

« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2012, 06:34:08 AM »
Did u test it with one orgasm or more than one

Sorry CC, I've only just noticed your question. I tested only with a single O. I've tried Benadryl and Claritin (on separate occasions not together) and for both I took them before O. When I tried Diclofenac that was as per Dr Goldmeier's instructions. Soon I hope to be trying levocetirizine dihydrochloride (Joe Burgers med) too. I spoke to Dr G and he has written to my GP to suggest they prescribe it for me (normally Dr G would prescribe it directly but unfortunately I wasn't able to make my last appointment with him). According to the immunologist that Dr G has been liaising with, levocetirizine dihydrochloride is indeed a stronger antihistamine than the off-the-shelf products I have tried before.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2012, 06:38:54 AM by mellivora »

Suppertime

« Reply #12 on: April 10, 2012, 12:25:47 AM »
I'm taking diphenhydramine every time I ejaculate, and I've been having good results. My symptoms are lessened to at least 40-50% of what I usually have. My mind is a little hazy still, but at least the physical pains are lessened.

Thanks for the thread.

Egordon

« Reply #13 on: April 17, 2012, 04:44:40 PM »
I messaged Joeburger and he said he's still seeing great results, ftr.  

When I tried antihistimines I initially didn't see much of a positive reaction but since discovering Niacin, they seem to have been a bit more effective. One thing that i've noticed in my experimentation with non-niacin treatments is that many of them seem to make a relatively insignificant difference if taken independently. In fact, i've taken prescription antihistimines and anti-inflammatories regularly when not using Niacin, and they made virtually NO impact. But if I take them to clear up lingering symptoms after i've taken Niacin to deal with all the MAJOR stuff, they work a little bit better. At least antihistimines do. (I'm planning to test this theory on antiinflammatories.)

There's a chance that the reaction that we experience is just so severe that these drugs are working but aren't decreasing our symptoms much. Maybe that's why it's so important to ensure that our histimine stores deplete prior to orgasm so that we just have a normal-level reaction that these drugs are capable of handling.

« Last Edit: April 17, 2012, 04:52:13 PM by Egordon »
POIS since I was about 15. 1.75 years of desens and I'm now about 80% POIS free. Still working through best practices for maintaining my immunity and administering my injections with my doctor. Email me if you have tips or questions!