Author Topic: 2007 research study on dimentia in vasectomy patients might have clue on pois  (Read 6732 times)

Defsync

http://www.northwestern.edu/newscenter/stories/2007/02/vasectomy.html

This article discusses developing dementia and certain vasectomy patients.

The article mentions how semen is not meant to enter the bloodstream normally, and how doing so in certain vasectomy patients causes an immunological response that attacks the brain. This jives with waldingers research.

Someone should contact Sandra @ Northwestern and let her know about the possible correlation to POIS. I dont correspond like this anymore so I leave it to one of you capable fellas. Northwestern might also be a good option for a university to pursue further research.

Here's the contact info for the main researcher Sandra Weintraub.

312/926-2323

Searle Building Room 11-467
320 E Superior
Chicago IL 60611

http://www.feinberg.northwestern.edu/faculty-profiles/az/profile.html?xid=16414

Observer

• Global Moderator
Very interesting Defsyn, thanks for your input.

This part is really interesting:

Weintraub theorizes a vasectomy may raise the risk of PPA (and possibly FTD) because the surgery breeches the protective barrier between the blood and the testes, called the blood-testis barrier.

Certain organs - including the testes and the brain - exist in what is the equivalent of a gated community in the body. Tiny tubes within the testes (in which sperm are produced) are protected by a physical barrier of Sertoli cells. The tight connections between these cells prevent blood-borne infections and poisonous molecules from entering the semen.

After a vasectomy, however, the protective barrier is broken and semen mixes into the blood. The immune system recognizes the sperm as invading foreign agents and produces anti-sperm antibodies in 60 to 70 percent of men.

Hopeoneday

Than this tubes can be damaged from strong hit in testicle? Is it posible to scan this barier?
Dr-pois.

Nas

Certain organs - including the testes and the brain - exist in what is the equivalent of a gated community in the body. Tiny tubes within the testes (in which sperm are produced) are protected by a physical barrier of Sertoli cells. The tight connections between these cells prevent blood-borne infections and poisonous molecules from entering the semen.

After a vasectomy, however, the protective barrier is broken and semen mixes into the blood. The immune system recognizes the sperm as invading foreign agents and produces anti-sperm antibodies in 60 to 70 percent of men.

I just want to note that in order for POIS to make seance in this theory, then we have to assume that both the BBB and Testicles-Brain-Barrier are broken to confirm the connection both orgasm and cognitive/emotional symptoms.
This would fit my description very well since most of my POIS symptos involve the waste area: Burning feeling when peeing, painful erection, premature ejaculation, inconsistent urine flow, even inflammation in the anus etc.
And the brain symptoms which involve the whole cognitive/psychological shebangs.

Hopeoneday

Nas, could be, i did gaba test (bad reaction)  and mean hawe leaky bbb if thouse are adquate.
Dr-pois.

Nas

Nas, could be, i did gaba test (bad reaction)  and mean hawe leaky bbb if thouse are adquate.
Could be.
I also experienced POIS when I smoked a cigarette; it could be the case that some components in the cigarette entered the BBB and were attacked instantly by the immune system, just like the case with POIS.

superfrancais

http://www.northwestern.edu/newscenter/stories/2007/02/vasectomy.html

This article discusses developing dementia and certain vasectomy patients.

The article mentions how semen is not meant to enter the bloodstream normally, and how doing so in certain vasectomy patients causes an immunological response that attacks the brain. This jives with waldingers research.

Good find, Defsync! I like the simplicity of this theory (mainly because it is one I can understand). It looks to me, though I have no medical knowledge, that this theory could be tested quite easily as well. We should definitively find someone (for instance a student in a medical school) that could write a test protocol for testing this theory. Example of protocol: test the presence of sperm in the blood after orgasm in normal people and in pois sufferers, test the presence of markers of an autoimmune response of the organism, etc.
20 years of both mental and physical symptoms after love, chronic fatigue and depression even with abstinence, French (Lyon)

demografx

• Administrator
  • All of us working together to defeat POIS!
Very interesting Defsyn, thanks for your input.

This part is really interesting:

Weintraub theorizes a vasectomy may raise the risk of PPA (and possibly FTD) because the surgery breeches the protective barrier between the blood and the testes, called the blood-testis barrier.

Very interesting, Observer, I passed this on to Daveman.
10 years of significant POIS-reduction, treatment consisting of daily (365 days/year) testosterone patches.

TRT must be checked out carefully with your doctor due to fertility, cardiac and other risks.

40+ years of severe 4-days-POIS, married, raised a family, started/ran a business

Defsync

Could be.
I also experienced POIS when I smoked a cigarette; it could be the case that some components in the cigarette entered the BBB and were attacked instantly by the immune system, just like the case with POIS.

Veryyy interesting, I posted about this in 2007 how smokin a cig gave me some similar symptoms. Your reply just gave me some chills lol. And yeah /stretch Ive returned from the dead, for better or worse.

Nas

Could be.

Veryyy interesting, I posted about this in 2007 how smokin a cig gave me some similar symptoms. Your reply just gave me some chills lol. And yeah /stretch Ive returned from the dead, for better or worse.

Yeah, but now I'm not sure why is the exact reason, but its connected to POIS and it's most probably Mact Cells Activation Disorder or something relating to histamine release.