Author Topic: Gather and Post Here Your Medical Tests Results - Discussion Thread  (Read 216623 times)

Vandemolen

Re: Gather and Post Here Your Medical Tests Results - Discussion Thread
« Reply #80 on: October 11, 2018, 12:36:10 PM »
My vitamin B12 and my vitamin D used to be low. Vitamin D was 18.
My TRT is low. Hemotology is a bit low.  Free T4 is a bit low. Before I knew I had POIS I tried Levothyroxine for the low T4. But I didn’t feel any better.
Triglycerides is high. Iron and cortisol are too high. Also cholesterol is a bit high. But since a few months I lost 13 pounds.

Bloodtest Vandemolen (I combined a few bloodtest in the last years because not all things were test in 1 blood test)

Hemotolpgy
ESR: 3. Reference range (RR)0-15
Hemaglobin: 8.7. RR: 8.5-11
Hematocrit: 0.40. RR: 0.40-0.50
Mean Corpuscular Volume: 82. RR: 80-100
Erythocytes: 4.89. RR: 4.50-5.50
Trombocytes: 6.0. RR: 6.0
Leucocytes: 6.1 (in 2016). RR: 4.0-10.0
Ferritin: 54. RR: 25-250

Clininal Chemie
Urea: 3.5 (in 2016). RR: 2.5-6.5
Creatinine: 65. RR: 64-104
eGFR (MDRD): higher than 60. RR: higher than 60
eGFR (CKD-EPI): higher than 90. RR: higher than 90
Natrium: 141. RR: 135-145
Calcium: 2.29. RR: 2.15-2.60
Magnesium: 0.95 (in 2016). RR: 0.70-1.00
Uric acid: 0.37. RR: 0.20-0.38
ASAT: 21. RR: 0-34
ALAT: 12. RR: 0-44
Alkaline Phosphoatase: 49. RR: 40-120
gammaGT: 16. RR: 0-54
Tryptase: 4.6. RR: 0-11.4
Triglycerides: 2.4 (in 2016). RR: 0-2.0
Glucose: 5 (in 2016). RR: 4-6
Vitamin D (25-OH): 160. RR:  71.0-156.2
Iron: 13. RR: 14-30
Transferrin: 2.3. RR: 2-4
Cholesterol: 5.7. RR: less than 5.0
LDL cholesterol: 3.6. RR: less than 2.5
HDL cholesterol: 1.0. RR: less than 1.0

Endocrinology
TSH: 2.7. RR: 0.55-4.8
Free T4: 11 (in 2011). RR: 10-19
Cortisol: 0.19. RR: 0.03
Testosterone: 9.6 (in 2016). RR: 10-30
Free testosterone: 378 (in 2011). RR: 174-729
SHBG: 12 (in 2011). RR: 13-71
DHEA-S: 7.0. RR: 2.6-14

PSA: 2.3 (in 2016). RR: 0-2.0

Immonology
iGe: 64 (in 2015). RR: 1-90
t-TransGlut IgA: less than 1 (in 2011). RR: 0-5
Prolactin: 0.29 (in 2011). RR: 0-0.32
Progestrone: 1.8 (in 2010). RR: 0.7-4.3
HCG + beta: less than 1 (in 2011). RR: 0-1
« Last Edit: October 11, 2018, 01:09:55 PM by Vandemolen »
POIS since 2000. Very bad since 2008. I knew that I have POIS since June 2010. Desensitization since March 2011. I stopped with desens in July 2016. I have 50% less POIS. And only 1 day of POIS. Purified CBD works for me, but I am allergic for CBD.

fernab

« Reply #81 on: October 13, 2018, 12:30:57 AM »
Hello everyone, it's been a while since I wrote in the forum. lately I'm going through a bad situation. Around the month of May I started to see an immunologist. just before going to see him. Someone from this forum recommended me to try celecoxib. And the truth is that with celecoxib I was finding myself better and better. I already had about 40 days with celecoxib, when the immunologist asked me to continue spacing a little in time each shot, to gradually reduce the celecoxib. for example alternating a day yes a day no. And to start taking a drug that in my country is marketed under the name of dolquine, whose active ingredient is hydroxychloroquine sulfate. When I started with the dolquine, I only took 200 MG a day. for 15 days. and during those 15 days I was alternating celecoxib one day yes a day no. to reduce my intake. When I completed the 15 days, I completely stopped celecoxib. And I increased the daily dose of dolquine to 400 mg a day. I was also detected by the immunologist that my vitamin D3 level was a little low. So he decided to take drinkable ampoules every 15 days of vitamin D3. for 3 months. just the time he asked me to try the dolquine. At the same time all this. I was trying to stay in abstinence as long as possible. I had not had any ejaculation for a long time. A few days after starting to take the dolquine. I do not know exactly how many, but there would not be many. Let's say about 10 days. I had an ejaculation. and to my surprise, I did not have any symptoms of POIS, I thought it was due to the use of dolquine. but then one month and a few days later. I had another. and on this second occasion. Yes, the symptoms manifested with enough force in fact.

Dolquine is supposed to treat autoinmune deseases such as lupus and rheumatoid arthritis.

The fact is that my POIS has taken a very strange course. Since I rode a sleigh at the end of last February. the snow was as hard as ice. and when riding I had to suffer some blows, neither too strong. nothing to cause some kind of trauma. In fact ... for more medical oscultations they did to me, everything was apparently fine. I had a pelvic magnetic resonance and only slight signs of a prostatitis were seen.

the case is that following that. my POIS has me in check. since from that event of the blows in the pelvic area, I began to notice that every time I sat down. the symptoms of POIS appeared only because of the simple fact of sitting down.

some of the symptoms. maybe not all.

but it was getting up and those unpleasant symptoms were dissipating little by little ... I sat down again ... and slowly they came back with more and more strength, that is to say that they were increasing ... until the sensation It was so unpleasant that I was forced to get up.

Eventually I ended up realizing that the area of ??the body that activated these symptoms by simple pressure was the perineal and testicular area.

the problem that I have now since the last ejaculation that I had, that as I tell you, it was clearly manifested. What has caused me is that the area of ??my body that activates these symptoms of POIS by the simple pressure exerted by my own weight. It has spread from the perineal area to the buttocks and lower back. With which, I am in a very difficult and worrisome situation.

the situation is getting quite complicated for me. to such an extent that every time I have less mobility. because I took a long walk recently to get an MRI of my lower back. and now for that long journey in public transport (to avoid sitting) has caused me to also worse walking. With which, every time I can walk less. I can not sit down throw me out, I do it with many difficulties. all this is getting more and more complicated. POIS usually does not attend like this. but for some strange reason from those blows in my pelvic area after riding in sledges, my POIS has me more and more cornered. possibly someone thinks that this is not POIS. but the truth is that before that day of riding a sleigh. everything was triggered only with ejaculation or presence of pre-seminal fluid. and clearly I have worsened considerably since my last cumshot. Does anyone think of how all this is possible?

Does anyone know of a POIS case that has taken a similar course?

Any help or suggestion will be welcome.

Thank you very much partners.

Muon

• MCAD Thread
« Reply #82 on: October 23, 2018, 01:06:57 PM »
I have uploaded heart rate and blood pressure measurements. You can find them over here. This has been measured during the summer of 2013 when POTS, cardiovascular and autonomic function related symptoms where at their peak. A few times measurements have been repeated on multiple healthy (read non POTS) humans to rule out device related issues. The second page has some notes in Dutch which you can translate yourself, if not ask me.

Nas

« Reply #83 on: October 31, 2018, 01:56:43 PM »
Here: https://poiscenter.com/forums/index.php?topic=2684.msg25692#msg25692
I did a testosterone and estradiol teat and both came out normal.
This is quite disappointing :( since I had high hopes that testosterone ( being the factor that is shared between many POISers ) would be the end of this god forsaken illness but no, my testosterone in fact came normal high. This kinda demorilized me but I'm not giving up, any suggestions for futher tests? Maybe other testosterone related illnesses. Perhaps after ejaculation testosterone plumits? ( I tested after about 5 days of orgasm )

demografx

• Administrator
  • All of us working together to defeat POIS!
« Reply #84 on: October 31, 2018, 05:41:51 PM »
This is quite disappointing :( since I had high hopes that testosterone ( being the factor that is shared between many POISers ) would be the end of this god forsaken illness but no, my testosterone in fact came normal high. This kinda demorilized me but I'm not giving up, any suggestions for futher tests? Maybe other testosterone related illnesses. Perhaps after ejaculation testosterone plumits? ( I tested after about 5 days of orgasm )

I’ve had a theory for some time that TRT can  possibly help some POISers with normal testosterone levels. HOWEVER, I AM NOT RECOMMENDING THIS DUE TO THE POTENTIALLY DANGEROUS SIDE EFFECTS. I contacted the manufacturer of my testosterone to conduct medical studies along those lines, but the discussions didn’t go anywhere.

If you’re interested in being a guinea pig, you could possibly find a TRUSTED endocrinologist who might work with you. As a SAFE guinea pig!

I’m not sure of the legality of a doctor’s experimenting this way, with a normal-testosterone-level patient!

One of our normal-testosterone-level forum members tried it (WITHOUT medical supervision!) and decided to report the results to me personally: it didn’t work. He got bad (but not terrible)  reactions. He also had a big increase in libido, which as you can imagine...also backfired on him.

Safety first!
« Last Edit: October 31, 2018, 06:37:15 PM by demografx »
10 years of significant POIS-reduction, treatment consisting of daily (365 days/year) testosterone patches.

TRT must be checked out carefully with your doctor due to fertility, cardiac and other risks.

40+ years of severe 4-days-POIS, married, raised a family, started/ran a business

Vandemolen

« Reply #85 on: October 31, 2018, 07:14:12 PM »
See it on the positive side. You should be happy that your Testosterone is normal high. Because low T. also gives symptoms out of POIS. I am now taking Clomid because my low T, but the side effects are a bit heavy. Espacially the hot flushes. I understand why you are disappointed, but has many faces. For one niacine helps, for the other Taurine. You just have to try things (vitamins) what helped others, but be carefull and go to a doctor when you want try medicines.
POIS since 2000. Very bad since 2008. I knew that I have POIS since June 2010. Desensitization since March 2011. I stopped with desens in July 2016. I have 50% less POIS. And only 1 day of POIS. Purified CBD works for me, but I am allergic for CBD.

Muon

• MCAD Thread
« Reply #86 on: November 01, 2018, 11:31:18 AM »

In what situation are you with your doctor at the moment? Does your GP know about POIS or is discussing this issue out of the question? He/she could take a look at the results thread. I'm expecting new results this month, there was some delay. Also my GP agreed on getting ECP tested before and after ejaculation but the hospital wouldn't let me so there are talks going on to get this done. I hope this will be sorted out, if not, then I'm heading out to Germany again. I'm not sure when to test it for the 3rd time point. I read articles which state peak times of 6-8 hour, 8-12 hour and even 24 hour after exposure depending on the type of disease. There are also short phase reactions possible. You can wait for my ECP results and if that's turning out positive you can think about getting that tested.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2018, 11:36:40 AM by Muon »

Nas

« Reply #87 on: November 02, 2018, 08:09:27 PM »

In what situation are you with your doctor at the moment? Does your GP know about POIS or is discussing this issue out of the question? He/she could take a look at the results thread. I'm expecting new results this month, there was some delay. Also my GP agreed on getting ECP tested before and after ejaculation but the hospital wouldn't let me so there are talks going on to get this done. I hope this will be sorted out, if not, then I'm heading out to Germany again. I'm not sure when to test it for the 3rd time point. I read articles which state peak times of 6-8 hour, 8-12 hour and even 24 hour after exposure depending on the type of disease. There are also short phase reactions possible. You can wait for my ECP results and if that's turning out positive you can think about getting that tested.

Deal, in the mean time I'll probably do a WBC test. I'm looking to do it this Sunday.
The doctor is my cousin and yes I did tell her about POIS, she doesn't quite believe in it but she does give me the benefit of the doubt.
She doesn't charge me anything actually she even refuses that I pay for the tests ( quite embarrassing actually ). Could be a good opportunity economically to do further tests.
I got to say though, why ECG, like, why is that relevant?
« Last Edit: November 02, 2018, 08:12:10 PM by Nas »

Muon

• MCAD Thread
« Reply #88 on: November 02, 2018, 10:27:22 PM »
I don't know if it's relevant but there are several reasons why I want to explore for Eosinophil cationic protein:

1) My brother has it elevated and he got POIS so why not check it for myself. He also has elevated Lp-PLA2 activity which could indicate endothelial inflammation. ECP could play a role in damaging endothelial cells: http://www.em-consulte.com/en/article/797260

2) MCAS is hard to prove. Mast cells are known for cross reacting with eosinophils, so ECP which is unique to eosinophils could be an indirect indication of mast cell activation.

3) Some folks on this forum have an elevated eosinophil count (which I suspect is caused by mast cell-driven activation of eosinophils via prostaglandins or IL-5). Activated eosinophils are able to survive longer than they normally would which could bring numbers up.

4) They play a role in non-IgE mediated allergies.

I haven't looked into endothelial cell related parameters yet, which is also on my mind. Last week was a crazy week for me with a lot of heart rate problems but today it goes very well including POIS, temperature this night dropped close to freezing point which is beneficial for me and overall health is trending towards a better state at the moment. I wonder if I even should do tests in this situation which makes testing quite frustrating. By the way you could also try testing for IL-8 but the problem with that is, it's not unique. There are tons of cell types producing this so it's hard to pinpoint a potential source unlike ECP.

Vandemolen

« Reply #89 on: November 03, 2018, 08:57:10 AM »
I don't know if it's relevant but there are several reasons why I want to explore for Eosinophil cationic protein:

1) My brother has it elevated and he got POIS so why not check it for myself. He also has elevated Lp-PLA2 activity which could indicate endothelial inflammation. ECP could play a role in damaging endothelial cells: http://www.em-consulte.com/en/article/797260

2) MCAS is hard to prove. Mast cells are known for cross reacting with eosinophils, so ECP which is unique to eosinophils could be an indirect indication of mast cell activation.

3) Some folks on this forum have an elevated eosinophil count (which I suspect is caused by mast cell-driven activation of eosinophils via prostaglandins or IL-5). Activated eosinophils are able to survive longer than they normally would which could bring numbers up.

I haven't looked into endothelial cell related parameters yet, which is also on my mind. Last week was a crazy week for me with a lot of heart rate problems but today it goes very well including POIS, temperature this night dropped close to freezing point which is beneficial for me and overall health is trending towards a better state at the moment. I wonder if I even should do tests in this situation which makes testing quite frustrating. By the way you could also try testing for IL-8 but the problem with that is, it's not unique. There are tons of cell types producing this so it's hard to pinpoint a potential source unlike ECP.
Does tour brother has POIS? Too bad. But it’s an interesting case. My two brothers don’t have POIS, but they both have Crohn’s disease. Just like POIS there is something wrong with their immune system.

fernab

« Reply #90 on: November 03, 2018, 09:32:55 AM »
I also think inmune system it's somehow linked to POIS. But I begin to think that also neurologic system and also posibly hormonal system too.

Apart from that, we have very different things among those of us who suffer POIS. In my case for instance, I don't have high eosinophils. It is very difficult to find a commun source problem for POIS. Is there something in common for all of us who suffer from POIS?

Nas

« Reply #91 on: November 03, 2018, 01:02:05 PM »

Does tour brother has POIS? Too bad. But it’s an interesting case. My two brothers don’t have POIS, but they both have Crohn’s disease. Just like POIS there is something wrong with their immune system.
Hmmmm, Crohn disease you say.

Nas

« Reply #92 on: November 03, 2018, 01:04:17 PM »
I also think inmune system it's somehow linked to POIS. But I begin to think that also neurologic system and also posibly hormonal system too.

Apart from that, we have very different things among those of us who suffer POIS. In my case for instance, I don't have high eosinophils. It is very difficult to find a commun source problem for POIS. Is there something in common for all of us who suffer from POIS?
Besides illness post orgasm no, but there are common patterns.

fernab

« Reply #93 on: November 03, 2018, 02:07:04 PM »
Yes, that is apparently the only thing. Although I think that in my case as in other folks it is something more related or triggered by an emission. Both seminal and pre-seminal fluids. That is to say that orgasm is not strictly necessary.

I totally agree with Quantum when he said it should perhaps be called PEIS instead of POIS. Post Emission Illness Syndrome.

And indeed, all my symptoms are common to many folks in this forum.

Well, everything but a very strange thing that is happening to me since I rode a sleigh. Which is causing my POIS to be activated in addition to an emission by exerting pressure on the perineal and testicular area. And that zone has been extended even more as a result of the last emission I had. that is, it is true that everything gets worse with emissions.

But what is happening to me with the pressure in certain areas of my body, I do not know anyone who happens to him. I've only heard of someone who after having a vasectomy started not being able to sit down. and maybe other cases of chronic pelvic pain ... but it still seems very strange to me.

It's something that catches my attention very much.

How is that possible that exerting some pressure on certain areas so that POIS is activated without the need for an emission? .... Could that be one more clue about this disease? ... or just brings more confusion?

Muon

• MCAD Thread
« Reply #94 on: November 03, 2018, 02:34:03 PM »
How is that possible that exerting some pressure on certain areas so that POIS is activated without the need for an emission? .... Could that be one more clue about this disease? ... or just brings more confusion?
People with mast cell activation disorders can have mechanical pressure as a trigger for their symptoms so this doesn't surprise me.

Hopeoneday

« Reply #95 on: November 03, 2018, 04:28:55 PM »
Fernab, small infection and patogen relase from prostate or glands can do that.

And those senzations and symptomes you discraybing i hawe it to, i think it is nerve isue.
I cant realase to this day what is the reason to disturb nerves so hard to became hipersenzibile,
and for me that manifes ewan in breathing isues, i can fell the inflamation in the spine erea, betwean sholders
where nerwes fiber pasing tru and make you lung breathing, and lower back erea under prostate.

That manifest like broken robot in me if i force my body and my nerwes cant fire properly in that erea,
the senzation is like something is cloged there an you must stop rest to surviwe.

Me personaly think that patogens like cronic lyme disiese and his coinfetions who cant be
diagnosed in big myority of peoples, ewan CFG peoples is conectet to this.

I am wery senzitiwe to hi temperatures, an that is hermax reaction  similar to pois, an that mean
that my body relase endotoxins. Probbly genetic mutations and i cant get rid of them out of body.

Thats why for some poisers mthfr bipas work , it incriese glutation, main body detox system.

Some people, me to also , some time hawe pois on arosaul only an sexual stimulation only,
an here i personaly think that hapen smal hermix endotoxin reaction, similar to exercise intoleance
because temperature of body rise, patogens start dying of...
Patogens in cronic lyme patients exist in brain to, and on stimulant an arosaul, body starting
produce enormes chemistry exchange, probbly ewan tebprature and blod foow rise, and that can
fro me personali induce hermix endotoxin reaction too ... etc

« Last Edit: November 03, 2018, 04:37:11 PM by Hopeoneday »
Dr-pois.

fernab

« Reply #96 on: November 03, 2018, 06:45:26 PM »
People with mast cell activation disorders can have mechanical pressure as a trigger for their symptoms so this doesn't surprise me.

Thank you Muon, I had no idea that by means of a mechanical action as simple as sitting down mast cell activation could be a possible reason for feeling POIS symptoms appearing. In fact I have recently read that mast cells contains histamine and eparin. And I have long suspected that histamine could be the cause of inflammation or dilation of blood vessels. That is clearly another rapid symptom I can see on my growing varicocele (varicose on testicle) when POIS symptoms begins.

Do you know any POIS sufferer having this mechanical mast cell activation, besides me? Or you are refering to an Illness different to POIS? Or simply mast cell activation in general?

fernab

« Reply #97 on: November 03, 2018, 07:09:48 PM »
And those senzations and symptomes you discraybing i hawe it to, i think it is nerve isue.

Thank you HOD,

I also was thinking it was something linked somehow to nerves or a neurological disorder or problem. But it is also possible the mast cell activation.as Moun is suggesting.

I have done so many infection tests in the past and everything resulted to be negative. Including lyme disease.

It is true that I have a lot of symptoms very similar to the ones you have.

But do you also have the problem of activating POIS symptoms just by sitting down (for instance)?

Muon

• MCAD Thread
« Reply #98 on: November 03, 2018, 08:20:14 PM »

Thank you Muon, I had no idea that by means of a mechanical action as simple as sitting down mast cell activation could be a possible reason for feeling POIS symptoms appearing. In fact I have recently read that mast cells contains histamine and eparin. And I have long suspected that histamine could be the cause of inflammation or dilation of blood vessels. That is clearly another rapid symptom I can see on my growing varicocele (varicose on testicle) when POIS symptoms begins.

Do you know any POIS sufferer having this mechanical mast cell activation, besides me? Or you are refering to an Illness different to POIS? Or simply mast cell activation in general?
I have read some articles, case reports and experiences from patients with these disorders. Some of these patients have problems with sleeping (pressure related) or can't wear tight clothing, for others friction might be a problem. It is quite silly when you hear this for the first time. Yes I'm refering to a different illness but I suspect POIS actually being a mast cell activation syndrome. These cells could affect every system in the body and no two patients are alike. There is not a single treatment that works for everybody, instead patients use stacks for battling symptoms just like people are using on this forum, individualised symptom management.

I believe I have seen some folks on this forum mentioning having trouble with sitting (pressure related not posture) but I'm not sure and don't know whether that is related to their POIS symptoms. A couple of POIS patients have been tested for tryptase including myself, these were negative. But most (>80%) of the patients with MCAS don't have elevated tryptase (for mastocytosis it's >90% being pos for tryptase), also the dynamics of symptoms for MCAS vs mastocytosis are different. Mastocytosis is much more explosive then MCAS which led me to think there are two different release mechanisms at play here with mastocytosis or the clonal disorders showing full degranulation (there are papers going into this, like selective release or piecemeal degranulation).

Here is a list with all kinds of mast cell mediators: https://www.mastattack.org/mast-cell-mediators/
The problem is that most of them are not unique to mast cells.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2018, 08:32:18 PM by Muon »

Hopeoneday

« Reply #99 on: November 03, 2018, 09:39:47 PM »
Yeah wery similar to pois symptomes. it is hard to be diagnosed, resarch in progres.

Quantum suscesifuly devolped his stuck inducing MC stabilizes naturall, quynerine patways etc...

By the way, my work is seditary and setings is sometimes imposible for me.
It is triger pois like symtomes, pots worsening because bad blod circulation.

As in pois an also in this mcas, pots, is one of the symptomes.

When you look at the symptomes , it is similar to poisers:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mast_cell_activation_syndrome#Symptoms

Treatments worth to tray. Cromolyn sodium MC stabiliser.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mast_cell_activation_syndrome#Treatment

I wonder myself, is this why coefeic acid (hawe antileucotrine efect) cofee help my
pois symptomes sometimes, and open my cloged nouse?

« Last Edit: November 03, 2018, 09:50:24 PM by Hopeoneday »
Dr-pois.