Author Topic: Ideas on Herpes Induced POIS  (Read 134047 times)

berlin1984

• Administrator
  • Use Adaptogens and Antioxidants, they can help.
Re: Ideas on Herpes Induced POIS: page 7
« Reply #180 on: July 10, 2020, 02:50:57 PM »
  Substances like [...], celecoxib [...] do not directly scavenge ROS. However, they all have strong anti-oxidant effects [...]

"We don?t hear anything about Celecoxib as a virus fighter in ME/CFS, but some evidence suggests it could be efficacious against herpes simplex virus. The ability of COX-2 inhibitors to decrease prostaglandin production is believed to push the immune system towards a Th1 (antiviral) response and away from the Th2 response often found in ME/CFS."
http://simmaronresearch.com/tag/celebrex/

[ famciclovir + celecoxib drug combination] was efficacious and safe in treating symptoms of fibromyalgia, supporting the hypothesis that herpes virus infections may contribute to this syndrome. Improved retention rates, decreased adverse event rates, and evidence of efficacy on a broad spectrum of outcome measures are suggestive that IMC-1 may represent an effective, novel treatment for fibromyalgia.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5328426/

romies

Re: Ideas on Herpes Induced POIS
« Reply #181 on: July 14, 2020, 11:49:33 AM »
I have no idea whether my POIS is induced by herpes. but Celecoxib does wonders to my POIS symptoms if taken as part of a prepack.

nanna1

« Reply #183 on: August 13, 2020, 05:17:33 PM »
VEGF Upregulation in Viral Infections and Its Possible Therapeutic Implications
Muon,
We need more POISer test data on human papillomavirus (HPV) to see if there are any correlations in the antibody titer or PCR.
POIS clusters: 1,3,4,5,7
POIS criteria: 1,2,3,4,5
2 stacks that give me complete relief of POIS symptoms are listed here: POIS cure: theory & supplement stack
Find medical test: https://www.findlabtest.com/

Muon

• MCAD Thread
« Reply #184 on: August 13, 2020, 05:48:32 PM »
VEGF Upregulation in Viral Infections and Its Possible Therapeutic Implications
Muon,
We need more POISer test data on human papillomavirus (HPV) to see if there are any correlations in the antibody titer or PCR.

Now that you mentioned it. A colleague of Waldinger once told me he had a few POISers with an active HPV infection, so with elevated IgM, they couldn't get rid of it. I have asked Vandemolen a while back if he could ask the doctor about what type of HPV. I still have the PM from Van:

He said (the doctor):"From memory it's about HPV16. It concerns a few people"

Ik doel trouwens niet specifiek op jouw case. Hij vertelde dit ooit aan me. Ik wil graag weten welk type HPV dit was, ik heb geen contact meer met hem. Als je ruimte ziet om dit aan hem te vragen, dan graag.
Hij liep een uur uit, dus hij had niet veel tijd. Hij zei: ‘Uit mijn hoofd gaat het om HPV16. Gaat om een paar mensen.’
« Last Edit: August 13, 2020, 06:57:27 PM by Muon »

nanna1

« Reply #185 on: August 13, 2020, 07:59:58 PM »
...He said (the doctor):"From memory it's about HPV16. It concerns a few people"...

An HPV study in women:
...HPV can force activate NK cells to lose their membrane receptors thus leading to their malfunction...
...The ex vivo cytotoxicity experiment showed that the cytotoxicity of NK cells was significantly decreased in the cervix of HPV16+ patients compared with that of HPV18+ patients. Collectively, our results suggested that HPV16 disables the increased NK cells in the early lesion of the cervix, indicating that the local immune system of the cervix is hyporesponsive to HPV16 infection and this may explain its bias for malignant transformation.

-Human Papillomavirus Type 16 Disables the Increased Natural Killer Cells in Early Lesions of the Cervix
« Last Edit: August 13, 2020, 08:04:22 PM by nanna1 »
2 stacks that give me complete relief of POIS symptoms are listed here: POIS cure: theory & supplement stack

Muon

• MCAD Thread
« Reply #187 on: August 14, 2020, 06:51:54 AM »
IMD Berlin seems to have two tests. Does anyone have knowledge about these techniques? And where does one take samples from, we are talking about men. Oral mucosa, urinary tract?

Humane Papillomaviren (HPV) E6/7m-RNA

HPV-Genotypisierung
« Last Edit: August 14, 2020, 06:56:30 AM by Muon »

berlin1984

• Administrator
« Reply #188 on: August 14, 2020, 07:02:18 AM »
IMD Berlin seems to have two tests. Does anyone have knowledge about these techniques? And where does one take samples from, we are talking about men. Oral mucosa, urinary tract?

Humane Papillomaviren (HPV) E6/7m-RNA
* From inside vagina (i guess with cotton... think covid->throat)
* Throat gargling water(?)
* Biopsy (doesn't mention where)

HPV-Genotypisierung

* From inside vagina (i guess with cotton... think covid->throat)

So those tests are for checking for an active virus.

I didn't see an antibody test at IMD.

swell

« Reply #189 on: August 16, 2020, 12:11:56 AM »
While I like flavonoids, but they yet have to eradicate my 3-4 warts (on foot sole).  I think they are due to HPV.  Any method to get permanently get rid of HPV?

Flavonoids: promising natural compounds against viral infections
POIS Free, 2+ yrs (occasional/predictive lapses)
Pois symptoms: Peripheral (Skin: Urticaria, dryness, pale blotchy skin), Exasperation of: [Nerve weakness, Muscle weakness + Mental (CNS: Brain Fog, Irritation, Isolation, Speech lethargy, Anxiety)].
Other conditions: ASD, ADD, GA

nanna1

« Reply #190 on: August 16, 2020, 03:34:40 PM »
...Any method to get permanently get rid of HPV?...

Hey swell, here are a few options:

AHCC: (From Bench to Bedside: Evaluation of AHCC Supplementation to Modulate the Host Immunity to Clear High-Risk Human Papillomavirus Infections). Discussion about taking AHCC can be found here (Immune Competence Therapy).

7-keto DHEA: DHEA is a steroid hormone with strong (broad spectrum) anti-viral effects. It increases NK cell function among other things. I never liked taking hormones because it can be difficult to control the side-effects (hair growth, etc...). But it is worth looking into. The 7-keto version (7-keto DHEA) is the most popular and safer form of the hormone that does not convert to other sex hormones.

HPV vaccine: Most vaccines only work before infection. But there is some evidence that quadrivalent and 9-valent
 human papillomavirus (HPV) vaccines (9vHPV, Gardasil 9) are effective even after infection because it boost NK cell cytotoxicity and antiviral humoral immunity. The vaccines are effective against different HPV subtypes (HPV 6, 11, 16, 18, 31, 33, 45, 52, and 58). Consult your doctor before taking vaccines.
--HPV Prophylactic Vaccination in Males Improves the Clearance of Semen Infection (2015)
--Human Papillomavirus Prophylactic Vaccination improves reproductive outcome in infertile patients with HPV semen infection: a retrospective study (2018)
--Clearance of recalcitrant warts in a pediatric patient following administration of the nine‐valent human papillomavirus vaccine (2020)
--Nonavalent human papillomavirus vaccination as a treatment for warts in an immunosuppressed adult (2017)
--Quadrivalent Human Papillomavirus Vaccination: A Promising Treatment for Recalcitrant Cutaneous Warts in Children (2015)

"The vaccine CervarixTM indirectly induces NK cells functional phenotype through dendritic cells expressing IL-15 and tumor necrosis factor (TNF)-α. Another authorized HPV vaccine of cervical cancer in America, GardasilTM, has been confirmed that it increases local number of NK cells and up-regulates its receptor expression level such as NKG2D, NKp30 and NKp46, suggesting that NK cells function gets improved after vaccination. Practically, therapies based on NK cells are more economical compared to that of T cells."
-Natural killer cells: the first defense against human papilloma virus early infection

Essential oils: Some people use tea tree oil and eucalyptol to treat skin problems. They have immune regulation and antiseptic properties. I am not an expert here so others will have to do the research to know if it works.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2020, 10:52:31 PM by nanna1 »

nanna1

« Reply #191 on: September 04, 2020, 06:15:02 PM »
Norepinephrine increases bacteria replication and decreases immune system (source0,source1, source2)

nanna1

« Reply #192 on: September 14, 2020, 11:16:04 PM »
While I like flavonoids, but they yet have to eradicate my 3-4 warts (on foot sole).  I think they are due to HPV.  Any method to get permanently get rid of HPV?
I just saw a otolaryngologist (ear, nose and throat doctor) about a growth on the uvula in my throat. He said that the growth was a benign papilloma (wart) and that it was probably caused by viral infection of the uvula. No test were done, but the otolaryngologist seemed confident that the growth was caused by human papillomavirus (HPV). I did not suggest any cause, he came up with this diagnosis on his own after examination of my uvula.

Also, I found these articles for using tea tree oil on skin warts:
Successful topical treatment of hand warts in a paediatric patient with tea tree oil (Melaleuca alternifolia)
Tea Tree Oil (Melaleuca alternifolia) - An Efficient Treatment for Warts: Two Case Reports
(50:50) = (tea tree oil:DMSO)

Muon

• MCAD Thread
« Reply #193 on: September 16, 2020, 09:01:06 AM »
No test were done
As usual.

but the otolaryngologist seemed confident that the growth was caused by human papillomavirus (HPV).
His confidence is not equal to evidence.

nanna1

« Reply #194 on: September 16, 2020, 11:13:06 PM »
His confidence is not equal to evidence.
  A benign papilloma diagnosis is not proof of the virus, but it is evidence of human papillomavirus (HPV) infection. The majority of papillomas are caused by HPV. There are no blood test for HPV. But there may be a way to (PCR-DNA) test for it through semen samples if the infection extends to the reproductive system:
--Presence of human papillomavirus in semen of healthy men is firmly associated with HPV infections of the penile epithelium
--Frequency of herpes simplex virus, cytomegalovirus and human papillomavirus DNA in semen

I sought a second opinion and both doctors independently gave the same diagnosis. Also, both mentioned possible infection without me saying anything about infection or sharing any personal opinion. HPV has properties that have been demonstrated in POIS research (COX-2 regulation, fatigue induction, neurological effects, and immune suppression). It is also a localized infection that can infect epithelium of the blood vessels, intestines or reproductive organs. So far I haven't seen anything in the medical data or POIS literature that has ruled this possibility out. So I think HPV, both as an antigen and as an immune suppressor, is worth investigating.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2020, 11:26:21 PM by nanna1 »

Muon

• MCAD Thread
« Reply #195 on: September 17, 2020, 06:38:59 AM »
It could be a process where growth factors are involved mimicking HPV. Adding these papers to the POIS paper thread.

So I think HPV, both as an antigen and as an immune suppressor, is worth investigating.
+1

berlin1984

• Administrator
« Reply #196 on: September 17, 2020, 02:37:00 PM »
nanna1, how is your POIS these days? Still in a "healed" state?

According to Wikipedia, there is 170 types of HPV.

Since you are the AHCC expert, maybe try to take AHCC (And Lysine?) again for some months and report back how it affects your throat.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6435520/
https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2014/10/141028122424.htm

https://dacemirror.sci-hub.tw/journal-article/d35a136e02c5b501e6f5bb57a1a29baf/smith2019.pdf
"Data to date also confirmed use of AHCC supplementation modulates of the expression and signaling of IFNβ that is known to be elevated in chronic viral infections, such as HPV, to levels below 25 pg/mL. This was associated with a correlative increase in IFN-gamma and eradication of HPV infections." (I can't interpret what this means, but sounds relevant to the immune surpressing..)

nanna1

« Reply #197 on: September 19, 2020, 12:11:55 AM »
nanna1, how is your POIS these days? Still in a "healed" state?
Hi berlin1984,
  Yeah, I still have remission of POIS symptoms. It feels like permanent improvement since it has been over a year now. The itch on the left side of my chin still occurs after orgasm and can spread to the left part of my face and ear if I scratch it. Also, I usually have to twist-pop (and stretch) my lower back. If I do not pop my back after O, then it will feel tight and stiff for a day or two. The back-issue started when I had a car accident (2018) and my back got injured. I had to go to physical therapy and a chiropractor to heal, but somehow orgasms can cause the pain to return if I don't pop and stretch it out. All the other symptoms that I used to have are completely gone.

Recently, I have been having Os every other day; so about 3 per week. I read somewhere that maximum health benefits from sex occur at one orgasm per week. Any more or less than that is sub-optimal in terms of health benefits from sexual activity. So I may cut back in the future. I usually have most of my orgasms in the morning before I go to work because they seem to make me more creative. I have never done recreational drugs. But I can imagine how artist who do drugs for creativity feel. Also, orgasms seem to help me focus more now. It's like a brain boost. Thanks for asking.

According to Wikipedia, there is 170 types of HPV.
Most of those HPV types are rare. The Gardasil 9 vaccine (9vHPV) covers the 9 most common/prevalent types (HPV 6, 8, 16, 18, 31, 33, 45, 52, 58). There is some evidence that Gardasil 9 can cure HPV infection even after being infected.
Consult your doctor before taking vaccines.
--HPV Prophylactic Vaccination in Males Improves the Clearance of Semen Infection (2015)
--Human Papillomavirus Prophylactic Vaccination improves reproductive outcome in infertile patients with HPV semen infection: a retrospective study (2018)
--Clearance of recalcitrant warts in a pediatric patient following administration of the nine‐valent human papillomavirus vaccine (2020)
--Nonavalent human papillomavirus vaccination as a treatment for warts in an immunosuppressed adult (2017)
--Quadrivalent Human Papillomavirus Vaccination: A Promising Treatment for Recalcitrant Cutaneous Warts in Children (2015)

Since you are the AHCC expert, maybe try to take AHCC (And Lysine?) again for some months and report back how it affects your throat.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6435520/
https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2014/10/141028122424.htm
Thanks for sharing the science Daily article. It says that Active Hexose Correlated Compound (AHCC) takes about 6 months to clear the HPV infection. A few people in the study were able to clear the infection after 3 months of AHCC.
I only took AHCC for about 2.5 months consistently (but cycled). Then I took it on-and-off during the (2019) flu season and (2020) coronavirus peak. Maybe I did not take AHCC the best way or I did not take it long enough to fully clear infections. I read that AHCC improves the efficiency of the influenza virus vaccine.
--Short-term supplementation with active hexose correlated compound improves the antibody response to influenza B vaccine (2012)

I think that I will get the Gardasil 9 vaccine (3 booster shots) and take AHCC (or Immunocomplex) consistently for 6 months during the vaccination to boost its effects.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2020, 12:32:50 AM by nanna1 »

nanna1

« Reply #198 on: October 12, 2020, 01:10:03 AM »
Some patients, that "recover" from COVID-19, experience POIS-like symptoms. It may give some insights into what is happening with POIS.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iu_Gs7N4lGk

Muon

• MCAD Thread
« Reply #199 on: October 12, 2020, 06:18:28 PM »
Some patients, that "recover" from COVID-19, experience POIS-like symptoms. It may give some insights into what is happening with POIS.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iu_Gs7N4lGk

The extended autonomic system, dyshomeostasis, and COVID-19