Author Topic: Sleep Deprivation could be positive for POIS (Dopamine)  (Read 13259 times)

Observer

• Global Moderator
Sleep Deprivation could be positive for POIS (Dopamine)
« on: January 06, 2018, 11:39:22 AM »
After reading our "brotherly forum" (Poiscenter.net - A Russian speaking forum where you can find forum users from Russia, Ukraine and other Slavic countries), I found out a very interesting discussion about Sleep Deprivation and POIS.

It seems that sleep deprivation causes a surge in dopamine production: https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2008/08/080819213033.htm

Some Russian POISers report that their POIS symptoms are diminished after a night of sleep deprivation, and that can be explained by the fact that there is a surge in dopamine production. Of course, that does not mean that you will not feel the effects caused by sleep deprivation during the rest of the day.

I can relate to this, because I remember that I used to have less brain fog and cognitive problems after a night where I couldn't sleep too much. Later in the day, exhaustion and tiredness problems related to this lack of sleep will definitely kick in, but that should be another topic.

youcefrouiba

Re: Sleep Deprivation could be positive for POIS (Dopamine)
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2018, 02:59:49 PM »
because when we sleep,our body produce serotonin : less sleep less serotonin,more dopamine ;)

b_jim

« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2018, 03:15:54 PM »
From my experience, sleep deprivation is not the best way to cure Pois :) :)
Thanks for information.
I bought tyrosine, I will make a test.
Taurine = Anti-Pois
Lyme disease "cured" in 2020.

Observer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2018, 03:47:34 PM »
From my experience, sleep deprivation is not the best way to cure Pois :) :)
Thanks for information.
I bought tyrosine, I will make a test.

Definitely is not the best way :D .... I only wanted to underline that there might be a positive relation between dopamine increase and a decrease in POIS symptoms!

I understand that you didn't get positive results with niacin; maybe only people who have good results with niacin experience this decrease in symptoms from sleep deprivation.

It is really strange if you analize it... we are more tired, demand more sleep... but the opposite could alleviate our brain fog and cognitive problems (of course, you will feel exhausted after a few hours because this lack of sleep!)

b_jim

« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2018, 08:20:19 AM »
Do you mean : I din't have good results because it was supposed to increase dopamine ?
I don't remember what the niacine users think about it. But I tought the cause is an activation of mast cells by B3, not dopamine. That's a good point.

I tried only "no flush" B3 form (300mg of inositolhexanicotinate) which is not the best one. Maybe should I try another form.

between dopamine increase and a decrease in POIS symptoms!

Absolutely. It's still my favorite theory to explain Pois.
I imagine taurine which is a Gaba-like molecule might calm down the dopamine rise of orgasm.  I know, this is what dr Lin call dopamine to adrenaline conversion, but I think it's not so stupid.

« Last Edit: January 07, 2018, 08:23:22 AM by b_jim »
Taurine = Anti-Pois

Vandemolen

« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2018, 11:09:28 PM »
After sexual activity I get sleep deprivation. Because my joints are tense. I think sleep deprivation is one of the things that makes POIS worse. When I don’t have to work and don’t havy any social obligations I take an afternoon or early evening nap. When I wake up the POIS symptoms get weaker.
POIS since 2000. Very bad since 2008. I knew that I have POIS since June 2010. Desensitization since March 2011. I stopped with desens in July 2016. I have 50% less POIS. And only 1 day of POIS. Purified CBD works for me, but I am allergic for CBD.

b_jim

« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2018, 02:15:48 AM »
Currently there is CES 2018 in Las Vegas.
I heard a new monitoring health system is shown. One function of this unit is to evaluate the concentration of a person wearing it with sensors on head.
I wonder if such an unit is measuring neurotransmitter like dopamine and then if it could help our search.
Of course it is very possible this unit is more a "electronic toy" than a real medical tool.
But we are in 2017 and it seems nobody in the world tries to monitoring brain of a Poiser.
A day this tool will be reachable by everyone because technology is quick.
If someone a good info on this, I'm interrested.

Ok, I found it :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ru9fYxD8iMU

I'm afraid this headphone is useless for us :/
But in the next years, we could hope a real monitoring of brain during Pois episode.
They claim then can help with ADHD....
« Last Edit: January 10, 2018, 03:14:08 AM by b_jim »
Taurine = Anti-Pois

koko

« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2018, 02:14:35 AM »
Maybe taking synthetic dopamine like Parkinson's disease patients. can benefit for use? what do you think?

Observer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2018, 06:32:57 AM »
Maybe taking synthetic dopamine like Parkinson's disease patients. can benefit for use? what do you think?

The side-effects of L-Dopa are serious and common, so I don't think it is the best drug to use to fight against POIS. Moreover the side-effects tend to increase with its continuous usage.

COMMON side effects
If experienced, these tend to have a Severe expression

Abnormal Heart Rhythm
Aggressive Behavior
Altered Mental Status
Blood Pressure Drop Upon Standing
Depression
Difficult Or Painful Urination
Mood Changes
Severe Nausea
Severe Vomiting

Although it seems that there is a food source which is rich in L-DOPA (Velvet bean, an African leguminose) , it is also known for having serious side effects in some people.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mucuna_pruriens

-----------------------

However, I think it is highly interesting that "dopamine diets"  (diets that stimulate the production of dopamine) are full of elements that have been found to help POIS sufferers. They could be a healthy, non-risky approach:

- Eat regular meals. This will prevent a sudden swing in hormones and help to regulate your appetite. It also reduces the chance of overeating in the evening.

- Try eating more lean protein at breakfast such as eggs, smoked salmon, mackerel, or a high-protein yogurt with added nuts, seeds or fruit. Try our high-protein recipe collection for breakfast, lunch and dinner recipes.

- Choose healthy fats such as monounsaturated and polyunsaturated fats found in olive, safflower, sesame or rapeseed oils in addition to avocado, walnuts, flaxseeds and oily fish such as herring, fresh tuna and trout.

- Include lean protein foods at lunch and dinner by eating chicken, lentils, pulses, fish, or lean beef.

- Increase activities such as yoga as we know this can also increase dopamine levels.

- Keep things simple and look at the quality of foods you eat, reduce processed salty foods, keep sugary treats to a minimum and make sure you’re eating your five-a-day.

(...)

What I also find more interesting is the list of foods to avoid:

Most versions of the diet recommend avoiding alcohol, caffeine and processed sugar, while some also recommend cutting out or severely restricting starchy carbohydrates.

https://www.bbcgoodfood.com/howto/guide/what-dopamine-diet

Regarding the carbohydrates, we have seen that some people say that pasta or wheat can make their POIS symptoms worse (well, that's my case as well. However out of POIS I don't manifest any symptom, rare, isn't it?...) but rice or potatoes/sweet potatoes have no effect or even a positive effect.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2018, 08:09:49 AM by Observer »

koko

« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2018, 11:50:53 PM »
thanks for the detailed answer

b_jim

« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2018, 03:12:41 AM »
I have started L-tyrosine on an empty stomach and 30 minutes before ejaculation.
We'll see if it helps.
Taurine = Anti-Pois

koko

« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2018, 06:41:08 PM »
Successfully. Please update us.

koko

« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2018, 06:45:02 PM »
Anyone knows if it is ok to take tyrosine in combination with a dopamine-releasing drug like the "wellbutrin" drug?

Going less Crazy

« Reply #13 on: February 15, 2018, 04:58:53 AM »
Keep in mind that sleep deprivation suppresses immune system function.  I, in turn, have noticed this in the previous years, and I believe that to be the case.  Suppression of the immune system=less inflammation=decrease in symptoms combined with the dopamine increase.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2018, 05:25:55 AM by Going less Crazy »
My POIS managed with Diet (@ diet that 100% manages my pois)Believe my POIS stems from inflammation in the gut. O = neuro POIS from inflammation from the gut

supps: microdose zyrtec if needed for food sens. ibuprofen for infl. as needed. Melatonin as needed. Big Pinch Black cumin  seeds once daily

sayman

« Reply #14 on: March 19, 2018, 12:46:29 PM »
i think sleep is the only cure for my pois.i decide that i am not going to take any medicine.medicine worsens my pois.only sleep cures  my pois .if i do orgasm twice in a month  that will be normal for me.now i can diminish my symptom with in two days if i sleep.pois cant be cure that is universal truth.

demografx

• Administrator
  • All of us working together to defeat POIS!
« Reply #15 on: March 19, 2018, 05:18:59 PM »

...i think sleep is the only cure for my pois...

Apart from TRT, sleep (and more sleep) is my #1 POIS treatment.

Oh, and did I mention...rest?
:)

« Last Edit: March 19, 2018, 05:42:53 PM by demografx »
10 years of significant POIS-reduction, treatment consisting of daily (365 days/year) testosterone patches.

TRT must be checked out carefully with your doctor due to fertility, cardiac and other risks.

40+ years of severe 4-days-POIS, married, raised a family, started/ran a business

aswinpras06

« Reply #16 on: March 20, 2018, 12:33:14 AM »
Hello everyone

Restful Sleep is the only thing which cures Pois completely for me.  But with sinus issues which flare up immediately after orgasm along with my nasal allergies getting sleep is very hard for about three to four days.  After which the sinus infections slowly clear but not completely and hence getting good sleep is very difficult.  My ENT doctor prescribes nasal corticosteroids which were not working due to prolonged use.  Also the gut inflammation aspect of pois makes things very worse along with the sinus infections and makes life very hard during 3 days after orgasm.  If I do any hard work during this time the sinus infections will upgrade to high fever.  Also the chicken pox -POIS relationship is really worth exploring.  Had chicken pox in my teenage and shingles when I was 32.  Now I am 40  and very underweight due to the gut issues of POIS which causes malabsorbtion.  All my above problems vanish If by luck I get a good sleep.