Poll

What is your level of Vitamin D?

100-50 ng/ml
50-30   ng/ml
30-20  ng/ml
20-10  ng/ml
<10     ng/ml
I have never checked it

Author Topic: Vitamin D  (Read 49302 times)

b_jim

Re: Vitamin D
« Reply #20 on: December 01, 2016, 04:12:17 PM »
I have been taking Vitamin D for the last few weeks on the advice of my GP. Initially I took it without any hope but it seems to be helping a bit with the physical symptoms and reduction in peak POIS time. I am taking 20,000 UI Vitamin D3 twice a week. It has decreased by extreme fatigue by about 40% or so and my peak POIS period seems to reduce from 7 days to about 4 days or so. Doesn?t seem to have much impact on improving cognitive symptoms though.

Having tried Niacin, fenugreek, curcumin, Garlic, etc. this this the only thing that has improved my symptoms somewhat. My theory is that I may be low in Vitamin D as well as I am dark skinned and living in the UK means that my body is able to generate very little Vitamin D on it?s own. I will keep taking it to see if it is a placebo or not. Anyone else had any benefits from taking Vitamin D supplements?

I think it's very possible. The best thing is to make a bloostest.
The africans living in Europe can't produce enough vitamin D. (at the opposite an european with a clear skin can't stay under african sun ).
I always said my Pois didn't suddenly appear but it came gradually. It was as if somthing has been depleted gradually.

Congratulations,  good job joelawerence.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2016, 04:14:17 PM by b_jim »
Taurine = Anti-Pois
Lyme disease "cured" in 2020.

Going less Crazy

« Reply #21 on: June 23, 2017, 12:15:53 AM »
My d level is 21.6, however I felt worse with supplementation...can't sleep, anxious,not good (surprise), so I just try and get it naturally now which has no bad effect.
My POIS managed with Diet (@ diet that 100% manages my pois)Believe my POIS stems from inflammation in the gut. O = neuro POIS from inflammation from the gut

supps: microdose zyrtec if needed for food sens. ibuprofen for infl. as needed. Melatonin as needed. Big Pinch Black cumin  seeds once daily

Jimmy

« Reply #22 on: June 23, 2017, 04:34:34 AM »
Usually vitamin d supplementation should not give negative side effects, but it consumes magnesium which might induce magnesium deficiency symptoms.

Try vitamin d with 100mg magnesium.

certainlypois2

« Reply #23 on: June 23, 2017, 03:23:42 PM »
My d level is 21.6, however I felt worse with supplementation...can't sleep, anxious,not good (surprise), so I just try and get it naturally now which has no bad effect.
how much are  you using, I get the same symptoms when I used 2000ius vitd3 a day.  I have since drop my dosage to 400ius vitd3 with food, in the morning so it does not affect my sleep. When I was using 50000iu vitd2 a week I didn't get any of those symptoms.

Going less Crazy

« Reply #24 on: June 24, 2017, 08:50:55 AM »
I only used 400 ius.  There is something wrong with my body where I am just super sensitive to vitamins/chemicals.  Never used to be, only when I developed this condition.  So I really think the best way for me to get my vitamins is from food.
My POIS managed with Diet (@ diet that 100% manages my pois)Believe my POIS stems from inflammation in the gut. O = neuro POIS from inflammation from the gut

supps: microdose zyrtec if needed for food sens. ibuprofen for infl. as needed. Melatonin as needed. Big Pinch Black cumin  seeds once daily

Limejuice

• Administrator
« Reply #25 on: September 21, 2017, 04:54:51 AM »
My vitamin D results scored 32 with a range of 30 to 100.

b_jim

« Reply #26 on: October 26, 2017, 03:09:42 PM »
Vitamin D seems to help me a lot.   
Taurine = Anti-Pois

joelawerence

« Reply #27 on: October 30, 2017, 04:59:05 AM »
Vitamin D seems to help me a lot.

Hi b_jim, Vitamin D seemed to helped me for a few months and then the benefits seem to have reduced a lot. Can you let us know how long and how much Vit D have you been taking? Also, what symptoms has it helped? Thanks.
33 years old, POIS for around 12 years with increasing severity.
Major symptoms - Severe fatigue, back pain, unrefreshed even after 9+ hours sleep, pain behind eyes, very dry face, bald head with inflamed scalp, digestion issues and constipation. Very low testosterone and high glucose in blood tests

b_jim

« Reply #28 on: October 30, 2017, 01:09:55 PM »
Hi, I took 2-3 small bottles during winter (november to april). 1000 UI a day I think

It seems vitamin d make me less sensible to sugar symptoms (hot flashes, hypoglycemia and all the symptoms coming in the first hours after ejaculation).

But I lost weight during last months (64 to 60 kg :( ) and now I feel tired. Boring. I suspect vitamin D helps me to gain weight (muscles).

Taurine = Anti-Pois

b_jim

« Reply #29 on: October 31, 2017, 12:51:32 PM »
No, the dosage was 2000 UI a day. I just bought a new one.
But the Pois guy said he took 10000 UI after ejaculation :

https://www.vitamindwiki.com/Hypothesis+%e2%80%93+Fatigue+the+day+after+sex+is+due+to+deficiency+of+Vitamin+D,+Magnesium,+and+Zinc

Admin at VitaminDWiki, (as of 2016 - age 70) has not been exhausted after ejaculation.

I had found that taking Zinc and Magnesium (ZMA: 30 mg of Zinc, 450 mg of Magnesium Asperatate, 15 mg of vitamin B6) reduced the exhaustion, but did not eliminate it.
Added 10,000 IU of vitamin D and D-Ribose: No longer exhausted the next day

Magnesium and vitamin D are very synergistic, that is, increasing one also increases the other.

Taurine = Anti-Pois

b_jim

« Reply #30 on: November 01, 2017, 02:05:57 AM »
I chose to take 5000 UI a day for a month. This dose seems to be stong but safe.
10000 UI is safe in short term but might be too much months after months.

The thing that I couln't understand is why could I be low in vitamin D in october.
I spend all my summer working out, at least nude forearms and sometimes nude legs/nude chest.

Is there something wrong with me ?

Is Pois only a testosterone fall ?
« Last Edit: November 01, 2017, 02:08:07 AM by b_jim »
Taurine = Anti-Pois

certainlypois2

« Reply #31 on: November 01, 2017, 12:42:07 PM »
I chose to take 5000 UI a day for a month. This dose seems to be stong but safe.
10000 UI is safe in short term but might be too much months after months.

The thing that I couln't understand is why could I be low in vitamin D in october.
I spend all my summer working out, at least nude forearms and sometimes nude legs/nude chest.

Is there something wrong with me ?

Is Pois only a testosterone fall ?

I read somewhere legs and and forearms are not enough, you need a large surface everytime to get enough vitamin d.   
You probably know these, use your vitamin d with food that contain fats to get good absorption.
I am not sure but the body probably uses a decent amount of vitamin d everyday so you will probably reduce you buildup by october.

Vandemolen

« Reply #32 on: November 01, 2017, 01:24:22 PM »
I use two ampuls of 25.000 IU once a week. In The Netherlands you can’t buy this amount. You need a prescription from the family doctor.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2017, 01:29:32 PM by Vandemolen »
POIS since 2000. Very bad since 2008. I knew that I have POIS since June 2010. Desensitization since March 2011. I stopped with desens in July 2016. I have 50% less POIS. And only 1 day of POIS. Purified CBD works for me, but I am allergic for CBD.

b_jim

« Reply #33 on: November 02, 2017, 01:30:00 PM »
Here we can buy the small bottle (100.000 UI for 10 ml drop by drop ). But you need an ordonnance for ampoule.

"You probably know these, use your vitamin d with food that contain fats to get good absorption. "

Thanks, I knew it's better during meal but I didn't remember that the fats improve absorbtion.
Taurine = Anti-Pois

certainlypois2

« Reply #34 on: November 02, 2017, 04:36:16 PM »
Here we can buy the small bottle (100.000 UI for 10 ml drop by drop ). But you need an ordonnance for ampoule.

"You probably know these, use your vitamin d with food that contain fats to get good absorption. "

Thanks, I knew it's better during meal but I didn't remember that the fats improve absorbtion.
https://examine.com/nutrition/how-much-fat-do-i-need-to-absorb-vitamind/
according to this site low to moderate amount of fat is best, that probably fits with the average meal.

Vandemolen

« Reply #35 on: February 28, 2018, 08:23:19 PM »
My Vitamin D is 81. Which is ok for normal persons. But my doctor told me people with allergy’s (not POIS, but pollen, dust and other) must have at least a value of 100. I use 50.000 IE once a week. When a normal person uses that amount for months his vitamine will be very high. Now I have to use 50.000 IE twice a week.
POIS since 2000. Very bad since 2008. I knew that I have POIS since June 2010. Desensitization since March 2011. I stopped with desens in July 2016. I have 50% less POIS. And only 1 day of POIS. Purified CBD works for me, but I am allergic for CBD.

Hopeoneday

« Reply #36 on: April 29, 2018, 02:14:56 PM »
Acording to this resarch only active form of vitamine d(caltitriol) hawe real benefits.
And i think that NO disturbtion in as play big role in "inflamation-artery stiffines" after ejaculation.

https://www.selfhacked.com/blog/avoiding-sun-will-kill-14-proven-science-based-health-benefits-sun/

https://www.selfhacked.com/blog/natural-ways-to-increase-calcitrol-and-vitamin-d-receptor-gene-expression/
« Last Edit: April 29, 2018, 02:22:37 PM by Hopeoneday »
Dr-pois.

Vandemolen

« Reply #37 on: November 02, 2019, 07:18:29 PM »
My Vitamin D is 81. Which is ok for normal persons. But my doctor told me people with allergy’s (not POIS, but pollen, dust and other) must have at least a value of 100. I use 50.000 IE once a week. When a normal person uses that amount for months his vitamine will be very high. Now I have to use 50.000 IE twice a week.
I do not think very high doses of vitamin D is healthy for POIS-patients. At least, that is my experience. I think my POIS like symptoms is because my immune system is in inbalence. That may be caused by POIS, cbd oil, antibiotics and high dose vitamin D. I stopped with the pills of 50.000 IE a week. I will use 800IE a day. That is 5600 IE a week. That is enough to keep my vitamin D ok.

Muon

• MCAD Thread
« Reply #38 on: November 06, 2019, 05:57:46 PM »
Looking at the poll it seems low vitamin D plays a role in POIS.

demografx

• Administrator
  • All of us working together to defeat POIS!
« Reply #39 on: November 06, 2019, 06:15:56 PM »
From the co-founder of POISCenter:

Great to see movement! I’m really happy that we're getting down to business!

I'm taking vitamin D daily and there's more sunshine as well. I have little to no POIS for the moment. In the winter it shows up a little bit more, but still not too bad.

Don't know if it's because I'm older, lower testosterone, but the
Vitamin D definitely works

Emphasis mine - - Demo

Note: Daveman’s POIS began after a vasectomy reversal. Demo
10 years of significant POIS-reduction, treatment consisting of daily (365 days/year) testosterone patches.

TRT must be checked out carefully with your doctor due to fertility, cardiac and other risks.

40+ years of severe 4-days-POIS, married, raised a family, started/ran a business